Will It Be Okay?

숨소리 (Breath)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal blinked once; twice.

 

What in the world just happened? Her heart was hammering away crazily in her chest and it was getting hard to breathe.

 

She had just kissed her own sister full on the lips. It was really the other way around but the sudden dizziness she was feeling kept her from taking the internal debate further.

 

Jessica’s face was still inches away from hers and she could notice a light shade of pink building up behind the older one’s cheeks. Despite the blushing, Jessica’s eyes remained intensely locked on hers and she found it somehow difficult to look away.

 

She took an even deeper breath and swallowed hard, attempting fruitlessly to dissolve the odd lump forming in , “U-unnie--”

 

A shrill ringtone interrupted her sentence and Jessica pulled away almost instantly, bounding up the stairs and back into the room to retrieve her phone. Seconds later, faint laughter could be heard and Krystal assumed the annoying girlfriend had called.

 

“Pfft,” The girl folded her legs and hugged her knees close to her chest, her heart still pummeling away. It seemed she was not going to get an explanation for that kiss; at least not today. She ran a thumb along her bottom lip, shuddering at the lingering sensation her sister’s lips left.

 

Though largely awkward, it actually felt nice.

 

-

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Ugh. I hate Physics.

 

The sound of pens and pencils actively scratching away on paper pissed me off more than usual.

 

Besides the occasional chattering that emerged from random cliques of students, the lecture theatre remained awfully quiet.

 

If there was one thing I hated more than anything else in the world, it would be being alone. I must look like a friendless recluse now.

 

I snapped my head to peer at the empty seat beside me for the tenth time, sending swear words and curses to Jongin telepathically.

 

Stupid boy has been absenting himself from class pretty frequently as of late. He’s never gonna graduate at this rate. I doubt he even cares.

 

I could really use some of his nonsensical blabbering and jokes right now, though.

 

I simply needed something, anything at all to get my mind off Jessica.

 

And Jessica’s lips.

 

I wonder if I’ll ever get to taste them again.

 

What would it be like if some tongue got involved?

 

Oh lord, stop it, Jung Soojung. You’re such a .

 

All my fidgeting must have provoked somebody because I soon felt a finger poking me in the back.

 

Turning around slowly, I met a fair-skinned girl with short, perfectly bleached hair. The pair of dazzling blue contacts she had on caught my attention the most. Wondering what she wanted, I managed as softly as I could, “Yes?”

 

“Are you okay?” The girl asked in a voice more masculine than I had imagined.

 

Brows creasing a little, I replied, “O-of course I am.”

 

“Cool, okay,” she smiled softly and leaned back into her seat. I just sat there observing her pick her phone up to reply to a text.

 

“Why did you ask?”

 

She raised her head at my question, eyes encountering mine again. Those blue contacts look really good. Maybe I should get some.

 

Setting her phone down, she bent forward once more, “I don’t know. You just looked pretty worked up so I thought maybe something happened. Your best friend seems to be making a habit out of skipping classes, huh?”

 

My best friend? Did she mean Jongin? But how…?

 

“H-how did you--”

 

A short chuckle interrupted my sentence, “Because I find you really cute.”

 

Okay, that did not sound logical in the least.

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

Her expression grew a little pensive, “Don’t mind me. I meant that as a joke. I also take it back if i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter