Concealment

숨소리 (Breath)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal’s POV

 

My eyelids grew heavier with each passing second as I swiped away crazily on my iPad, desperately trying to reach a new high score on some stupid game.

 

Ugh, I failed again.

 

Giving up, I tossed the device aside without a care and checked the clock. Almost 4am.

 

She’s probably getting some. And I’m here waiting and worrying for her. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

 

Pfft. Some unnie she is. Whatever, I’m going to bed. I have morning classes tomorrow.

 

The moment I made my decision, I heard a key turning in the lock.

 

That must be Jessi.

 

Getting up from the couch at once, I attempted to hurry up the stairs and into my room before she could see me.

 

“Soojung?”

 

I paused halfway up the steps, my back facing her, “Going to bed. Night.”

 

Her voice stopped me again, “It’s almost daybreak. What have you been up to? Ah, I know… it must be that game you’ve been so obsessed about for the past couple of days. Am I right?”

 

“Quit acting like you know everything about me,” I muttered before storming off into my room and shutting the door. She can be so annoying at times. Who does she think she is? Coming home this late and questioning me for staying up.

 

Jumping into bed, I pulled the covers over my head and clamped my eyes shut. I could hear padded footsteps heading up the stairs and stopping outside my door. Shortly after, I heard her speak, “Soojung-ah… are you alright? What’s up with you? Did something happen in school? You can tell unnie about it…”

 

At 4am in the morning? Really?

 

I rolled my eyes and buried my head underneath my pillow, hoping she would leave me alone. I really don’t wanna talk right now.

 

It was as though she understood because I heard her again seconds later, “You must be tired… we’ll talk tomorrow, okay? I feel like I haven’t seen much of you lately… so don’t you keep walking away from unnie like that, you hear? Okay, sleep well.”

 

I know you probably think I’m a mean, heartless jerk who treats my sister like dirt but it’s not that way.

 

When unnie and I were younger, we did everything together. We played together, showered together, slept in the same bed, had some of the most enjoyable conversations, and so much more…

 

She would even give me a kiss every night without fail; on the lips.

 

If you don’t already get it, Jessi was more than just a sister to me, always has been.

 

She was my first love.

 

She used to make me feel really special, like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter