Her

숨소리 (Breath)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal’s POV

 

A rumble sounded out from my tummy as I walked along the path towards home. A couple of kids happened to be walking past and threw odd glances my way. So I patted my stomach and scowled, “What? Never seen a hungry person before?”

 

They whispered something to each other and hurried off the other way before I could say something mean.

 

Annoying children.

 

It took me a little less than ten minutes to reach the door. I was much faster this evening because I was starved. Barely had anything to eat in school earlier on.

 

I have to admit, though, that I intentionally skipped out on lunch because unnie wanted me home for dinner. She’s been trying her hand at cooking recently and the results have been more than comforting. I wonder what she prepared this evening…

 

Unlocking the door and pushing it open, I announced, “I’m home.”

 

There was not much of a response, just hearty laughter coming from the kitchen. Unnie was not alone.

 

It’s her. She’s here.

 

I suddenly felt sick to the stomach, my hunger disappearing altogether. Jessi didn’t even tell me she was coming over.

 

I slammed the door shut with all my might and sat down to remove my shoes. Soon after, unnie emerged from the kitchen, arms linked tightly with that annoying girl.

 

God, I can’t even look at them for more than two seconds.

 

“Soojung, Seohyunnie’s here.”

 

“I have eyes, I can see that,” I inwardly gagged at the overly mushy term of endearment. Why in the world does she have to make up such nicknames? Gross.

 

“Hello, Soojung,” Seohyun smiled at me as I stood up.

 

Ew. Don’t call me that. I don’t even know you.

 

“Yeah, hey… I’m kinda tired so I’m gonna head to my room. Have an awesome time, you guys,” I managed a rather constipated smile before making my way off.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

This little rascal has serious mood issues, I swear.

 

She’s definitely unhappy about something. But how am I supposed to understand her when she has the temper of a five-year-old?

 

I prepared to go after her but Seohyun grabbed my wrist to stop me, “Allow me, unnie,” She gave me an assuring smile and proceeded for the stairs.

 

Ah, that might work. After all, Seohyun is right about Kryssie’s age. She might just be able to get through to her more effectively.

 

I stood at the bottom of the stairs and listened intently, hoping she would successfully convince that hot-headed little sister of mine to come out for dinner. We spent two whole hours making her favorite jajangmyeon and I’m not about to let it go to waste.

 

“Soojung? Will you please open the door?”

 

“I’m really, really tired.”

 

“You haven’t had your dinner, have you?”

 

“Does it matter?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter