Inherent Interest

숨소리 (Breath)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For all you Sica lovers out there: CLICK~

 

Krystal’s POV

 

I pushed my laptop aside and yawned widely. My brain was no longer processing information coherently.

 

These reports and deadlines are so frustrating. I need a drink.

 

In the kitchen, I grabbed a mug and started filling it up. At the same time, my eyes picked up a pack of my favorite chocolate biscuits resting on the countertop.

 

Did unnie get those for me? We haven’t been speaking to each other much ever since the other day. I still haven’t gotten a chance to apologize to her properly. It’s so awkward whenever we brush past each other without saying anything. You’d know if you had siblings.

 

I miss her.

 

“Yah! It’s overflowing!” Jessica’s voice rang out, and it soon hit me that water was spilling over everywhere.

 

“Aish!” I held the electric kettle upright at once and put it aside before setting the mug down. Not noticing the little puddle on the floor, I stepped right into it and slipped, my hands flying everywhere.

 

But she caught me just in time, skinny arms hugging my waist from the back to hold me steady. “Be careful!”

 

My body tensed up and I felt a surge of heat rush to my cheeks when she touched me. It was such an instinctive reaction. I pulled myself out of her arms as soon as I regained my balance, “T-thanks.”

 

Jessica’s POV

 

The instant she left my arms and faced me, my eyes widened, “You look really flushed, Soojung-ah. Gwaenchana?”

 

“It must be the weather these days… I’m fine…”

 

Liar.

 

We both reached out to grab the rag from beside the sink, and she jerked her hand away when I touched hers.

 

“Let me--”

 

“I can take care of this, unnie. Thank you,” Krystal snatched the piece of cloth before I could and bent down to mop up the liquid.

 

She was wearing a shirt with a pretty low cut and I unintentionally caught a peek of some cleavage. Her head shot up and I cleared my throat, turning away instantaneously and pretending to rearrange some of the condiments on the shelves.

 

What the hell was that about?

 

Why am I still feeling like this about Kryssie? I thought things have changed… think about Seohyun, Sica… think about Seohyun.

 

“Unnie.”

 

Crap. Please don’t tell me she saw me staring down her top.

 

I swallowed dryly and answered in a soft voice, trying to sound cool, “Yeah?”

 

“We should talk.”

 

B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter