Chapter 9 : Minimalist Love

Designing a Dreamboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DONGHAE was uncharacteristically nervous. Jans and Sungmin had gone to the Philippines to check up on the Lee's businesses there. Jans was also going to take time to check everything that they need for the wedding. The relatives who are not going to get to attend the Korean wedding would be attending an engagement party instead. They would also be invited in the real church wedding but since Jans' family wanted to meet Sungmin and the Lees, a party was the easiest way to do it.

 

Now he didn't have a back-up when it came to Ninz. Jans was a sweetheart and gave him something to think about.

 

“You two are hidding something from us. Whatever it is, I want to know when I come back. If you don't want me to ask Sungmin about your apades and tell them all to Ninz, you better spill your guts to me or my friend.” Donghae could see why Sungmin said that he loved and feared his fiance. She was able to go for the jugular and destroy walls without meaning to.

 

She was too damn sincere. That's what's wrong with this one.

 

He had to smile when he remembered her. She gave him some really good advice.

 

“In the entire time I have been friends with Ninz, she only throws up when she lies and can't handle it anymore. She doesn't drink and isn't a loose woman so I know. She rarely eats anything that can cause her stomach problems. So if she throws up when you are confronting her, don't tell her that I told you but it's likely that what she said before that, weren't true. So watch out for that. And try not to wear expensive shoes and clothes when you are confessing to her.”She winked at her and Donghae chuckled.

 

“I guess you caught me.” he said.

 

“Ninz would fight it, she would refuse you. But if I learned anything about me and Sungmin, the heart says one thing and the mouth says another. Read her eyes. They never lie.”

 

She was wearing that flowery scent again. It was making his knees buckle but he had to be strong, otherwise the box of files, pictures, samples and color pallettes would fall and Ninz would have a fit.

 

He watched her talk to someone in flawless Korean. She had been studying since she was still a fan of Super Junior. She had travelled a lot with Jans and encountered so many Koreans that her accent was not foreign at all. But she only uses formal Korean even with people who are younger than her. They seemed surprised and she apologies when they want her to speak comfortably because she couldn't. She would smile and laugh with different kinds of people. She treats the distributors and the workers the same way, respectful but light-hearted. She does show her strict side once in a while but always thanked people who did their job well, gave her suggestions in a way that the person thinks he thought about it, and was very generous with her smile. He often noticed that workers worked faster when she was around. They were pleased with the wage that she decided to give them which was more than most get for the kind of work that they need to do. And the work was going to be an entire month, so that mean they would take home a significant amount. The fact that they were working on the home of a son of a rich man was also a good thing. They hoped to get hired again so they were doing a great job.

 

Ninz smiled at the work that was being done. She made sure to wear working clothes but kept her femininity. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter