Chapter 4

This is so not happening

I dusted my pants, still holding the tissues in my nose. Sehun and I walked off to the side, where the doctors were. Jongin and Tao walked into the field. 
 
"Now, you're not allowed to use your powers until at least 5 minutes pass or else, well, you know," the guy that usually works with Tao said. They gave Tao and Jongin a fake gun and walked back to the side. The whistle blew. Everyone froze. "Don't move!" Tao shrieked. Sehun, Tao, Jongin and I were the only ones not frozen. We looked around, as if to ask ‘why?’ when Tao spoke. "Do we run now or should Jongin and I do this” he waved around the fake gun, “for five minutes then I freeze time?" Tao asked. Sehun face palmed and started walking out. "Sehun!" Tao shrieked again. 

 

"Tao, it's alright. It's better to go now and hurry, since you have your energy and they won't notice until you unfreeze time, okay?" I said and patted him on the shoulder. He nodded then we looked to the exit, just for a second, making sure no one burst in. We all ran to the cells, looking around in a hurry. "If you find an exit, scream. I'll run to the cells to get the rest, Tao come with me to unfreeze them and Sehun and Jongin, look for an exit!" I ordered while they nodded and took off. Our feet stomping onto the ground was echoing around the usually busy lab. We tried our best to avoid any contact with anything, just in case they noticed. It was weird, looking at everyone frozen; it was like looking at a picture. Once we arrived at the cells, we started looking for the keys. Tao unfroze the guys and as soon as their eyes caught ours they grinned. Some jumped out of surprise but they were delighted to see us suddenly pop up. " guys do you know where the keys are?" I swore, frantically looking around. "They probably kept it hidden somewhere," Joonmyun frowned. 

 

" , ugh." I flopped on to the ground, crossing my legs. I concentrated hard on the metal. If I could move a whole tornado, I could do this. “Hyung… What are you doing?” Jongdae asked. My eyes flickered over to him and I noticed Chanyeol pointing at me, then spinning his index finger in circles near his head. I looked back at the bars, ignoring them. My head was throbbing again, it was working. The metal made a small sound, making a bigger space between the other. “Oh.” Jongdae said quietly. Once the space was big enough for even Kris to fit, I leaned back all the way onto the floor, holding my head.

 

My nose was bleeding. Again. “Ugh,” I groaned out loud and started in pain. “Whoa, that was so cool hyung!” Baekhyun exclaimed, placing my arm around his shoulders and helping me up. I smiled a bit and nodded. “Okay let’s all look for an exit now, if by any chance you see anything moving, hide as quick as you can,” Kris looked around. “It’s finally time guys.”

 

Baekhyun and I were running at a slower pace that the rest because my head was killing me and every time I felt like falling over he’d have to catch me. “Chanyeol, stop following us like a lost puppy and go look for an exit,” Baekhyun huffed, narrowing his eyes at the tall boy. “Oh-I.. Okay,” he nodded and ran in the other direction, knocking down a book from someone’s desk. “You stupid idiot!” Baekhun screamed at him. “Sorry!” he screamed back without even turning his head.

 

“Has anyone found it yet?” Tao screamed on the top of his lungs. No’s were all that were being screamed back. “Hurry! I can feel the headache starting!”

 

“Oh my god no no no just a bit more time,” Baekhyun let out a frustrated cry and his head whipped around. I, of course, was a lot slower so I couldn’t tell what he was looking at. That’s when he screamed so loud I thought I heard my ear drums popped out. “We found the emergency exit guys!” he screamed again and started jumping around, making my arms jump around with him. “Yah! Byun Baekhyun! You’re going to dislocate my arm!” I fake glared. Kyungsoo and Jongi suddenly popped up. “He actually found it guys!” Kyungsoo screamed and the rest started sprinting to where we were. Sehun was holding Tao and running when Tao suddenly toppled over. A pencil fell. “!” Kris roared. He was getting weaker. Without looking back we all ran out the exit, it was raining. The sky was dark and rain was pouring onto the ground. We were where it looked like the back.

 

A loud alarm went off. “OH MY WE’RE GOING TO DIE!” Tao shrieked and we all ran forward. “Oh my god oh my god someone just screamed that we’re over here oh my god run guys run!” Kyungsoo screeched. “Jongin! Do you think you can visualize where to go and take us all there?” I screamed to him. He was silent for a while. “I think I can, ugh this is going to kill me. Everyone, join hands. They made me teleport an elephant once. That giant was almost the cause of my death.” I clutched Baekhyun’s and Jongin’s hands. “Don’t tense, it’ll only make it harder for me.”

 

A gunshot.

 

There was a sudden flash of black, and we were at a park. “I’m sorry,” Jongin wheezed. “I couldn’t take us too far.” He was breathing heavily. “It’s over there, teleporting all of us here was good enough, we should move,” Sehun pointed over to a building to the left of us. “Guys! What about our shirts? With white shirts and our numbers on the back they would be able to see and tell it’s us,” I pointed at to the back of our sweaters. Joonmyun sighed. He looked up at the sky, rain pouring down. “Okay, get on the ground.” He instructed. “But we’re going to lie on the mud,” Jongdae whined.

 

“Exactly.”

 

He put his hand out, and basically shot the ground with water. The mud was getting wetter but not to the point where it was basically liquid. “Now roll around in it,” he got down on the ground and started rolling. I pursed my lips to refrain from laughing. We all got down and started rolling around. “Look everywhere and by everywhere I mean EVERYWHERE!” a voice roared.

 

We all froze.

 

“.”

 

Joonmyun instantly reacted; he got onto all fours and started crawling. We all followed him, all keeping low. “I see some things moving,” we all froze. “THEY’RE OVER THERE!” some man bellowed. Footsteps were coming from all around us. Sehun whipped his head around. “Over there!” he pointed to where some giant wall was. “Oh right! Good, good!” Minseok whispered.

 

“What?” I whispered/screamed. We crawled as fast as we could, mud splashing around everywhere. The stomps were getting closer. My wet clothes hugged my body tightly, it was so nasty. Once we reached the walls, we were surrounded. “Mind telling me why we came here?” I scrunched up my eyebrows. “Baekhyun!” Sehun screamed. Baekhyun closed his eyes, opened them then nodded. “Done!”

 

I was extremely confused. “What the hell? I can’t see!” some man hollered. Sehun held his hand out then whipped it to the wall. Everyone that was around us was on the wall, holding their necks. It looked like they were being held up by something, being choked. “That’s” Chanyeol pointed at the men struggling to breathe on the wall, “how Sehun managed to beat us all.”

 

My mouth was hanging wide open. “Miseok!” Sehun whispered. “Got it!”

 

He held his arm out, a small snowflake floating on his hand. He shot it at one of the guys and he froze completely. “Woah,” I gasped.  

“Wait we can kill them?” Jongdae grinned. “We have no choice unless you want to die oh my god we are murderers,” Minseok had a disgusted look on his face. “Well, that makes things easier,” Chanyeol raised his hand up, he also made sure to beam in my face as if to say ‘watch me do my ’, and made a fire ring around us. Jongdae looked up at the sky, the rain still falling. “It won’t last long buddy,” he looked at Chanyeol. His eyes turned a lighter shade of brown, I noticed it always happens whenever he’s about to use his powers. The thunder roared and the lightning flashed. He raised his arm up above his head, then dropped it. A giant lightning bolt came crashing down; a high pitched scream escaped my lungs. I’ve never seen him use so much power so yes, it surprised me.

“Jongdae! You just turned them into shish kahumans!” Tao screamed. “Chill, they’re not dead.”

“Sehun, just blow them away, they keep increasing and we’re going to start getting nose bleeds,” Kris sighed. Kyungsoo got on the ground and flattened his palm out. A giant wooden wall covered the front of us, then the sides, then the back. “Okay, do your thing,” Kyungsoo grinned, breathing heavily. Sehun smiled, his eyes curving and his mouth closed. He closed his eyes and breathed in, “it’s going to be harder doing it out there so you guys will have to be patient,” he explained. He stood facing the front wall. He put his palm on the wall and squeezed his eyes shut. After about a minute he turned around to Kyungsoo.

“Do you think you can see if it worked? There’s like no hole to look through,” he gestured to the walls. “Well, there are no sounds, no footsteps, so I think we’re safe.” He crouched back down, putting his palm back on the ground. The walls were basically getting in by the ground. “I think he’s from Naruto,” Baekhyun not so quietly whispered. There were about 40 people on the ground, they were spread around everywhere. Some looked like they were overcooked.

“Okay we are such bad people right now but we can’t stop now. God I feel so selfish but we have to get a car from somewhere,” Joonmyun sighed, running his hands through his air in a frustrated matter. “Just find me a cab and I’ll do the rest,” I offered.

We walked a few miles away from the park and to the nearest city. “Where are we?” I asked. “Toronto,” Kris grinned. “WHAT THE ?” I screeched, “They took me all the way from Korea, to ing Canada?” I waved my hands around everywhere. “Well, it’s smart to put this place here, you can tell that everyone in that facility place thing is Asian, their Korean is perfect.  And right now we’re in down town Toronto. That” he pointed “is Dundas square.”

“No one would care about some random building over in the quiet place a few miles away from Down Town, but it’s a good thing that you have someone who knows where we are,” he smirked and pointed at himself. “I also speak perfect English.”

Kris was speaking to this woman, she kept looking at all 12 of us and shrugging. What I understood was “thank you” and that’s it. Kris turned around and sighed. “Well, since we have literally no money we can’t stay anywhere, and the clouds are clearing up so it’s going to be sunset soon. I do not want to stay outside here sleeping in a cardboard box so we should get some ideas. Also she said that you can’t really find a cab to fit all 12 of us and we can’t split no matter what, got that?” he looked at all of us. “Sometimes, I forget you’re not the oldest,” Sehun snickered.

“Yah! Maknae!” he reached to grab him but Sehun moved out of his reach, Kris stepped forward to reach him and Sehun ran around us to be on the other side of him. He had this cheeky smile on and his eyes were turned into slits. This was the happiest I’ve ever seen him, it felt nice. Like we were normal. Like we weren’t running away from some crazy mother ers trying to kidnap us and not tell us . “Guys, I think you’re forgetting about my powers,” I puffed my cheeks out. “Let’s find a place to go first and then I’ll show you that I actually do have useful powers,” I stuck out my tongue. Finally a cab fit for 7 people stopped by us. He rolled down the window and I stepped forward.  I looked him in the eye “you need to go home” I sent the thought. “Right, I need to go home now kids. Sorry.” Ugh. “You will give us the car to borrow while you go home” I sent another order. “So I’ll just give it to you to borrow, don’t do anything okay?” he asked. His tone was blank, like a robot’s. “Sure, thank you.” I mustered up the most innocent face I could pull off.

“Huh, that was good,” Jongin patted my shoulder. “Thanks,” I replied. We filed into the car, Kris driving and Joonmyun sitting beside him. I sat near the door and Baekhyun sat next to me, then Tao. In the back Chanyeol, Sehun, Jongin, Jongdae and Kyungsoo. Yixing and Minseok were still outside the car, Minseok holding the bridge of his nose and his eyes closed. “You.. You let the oldest stay outside?”

“Well, to be fair you are one of the smallest,” Jongdae beamed. Yixing stepped into the car, sitting on Tao. “Hyuuuunng,” Tao whined. “Sit on LuHan hyung!” He looked up and then shuffled from Tao onto me. I groaned when he plopped himself onto me because this guy is a lot heavier than he looks. Minseok then went it and sat on Tao. “Me, again?” he whined for about 3 minutes before Kris shut him up. “So, do you know where we’re going?” Yixing asked. It was silent. I blinked at the two sitting in the front seat; they didn’t know where we were going! Kris cleared his throat, “well, no, but we’re going to look around for a motel. Tell us when you see one.”

We were on the road for half an hour and we still haven’t found anything. I kept glancing back because I noticed something, a black van. I ignored it for about 10 minutes but it was following us around. “Guys, we’re being followed. Don’t look now. There’s a black van behind us and it’s been following us for the past 10 minutes.” I voiced. “Huh, I was wondering if anyone else noticed, thought I was being paranoid,” Baekhyun grinned next to me. “Do whatever you can to lose them Kris,” Joonmyun commanded. He took a sharp turn to the right, going between two cars. He then drove to the left lane, speeding. The light was green but he needed to go left. Stopping in the middle, the light turned orange and the car in front of us went left, we noticed the van still following us so he moved from the middle of the intersection and went forward rather than going left like he intended to. By then the light was green and the cars coming from the other side were coming at the black van. Leaving the person no choice they went left. “You idiot we could have died!” Minseok shrieked. “We’re going North,” Kris informed us and sped forward. “You’re exceeding the speed limit! Do you want us to get arrested?” Joonmyun exclaimed. "I'd rather that than get caught," he scoffed. We drove for another 10 minutes, there was a lot of traffic at 11pm. "We're at North York now... Do you think you can talk someone into letting us in one of the empty condos?" Kris turned around to me. "I can try. But I don't know how long it will last, the first time I actually tried it in the prison place thingy the dude was snapped back into reality pretty quick," I pursed my lips. At that point we heard police sirens. 

"! Minseok, Yixing! Get on the ground!" Joonmyun squeaked. They were following us so we stopped on the side of the road. The police officer walked over to the cab and looked at Kris. "You're not supposed to let this many people in one car sir," the officer said in Mandarin. "How'd he know Kris is Chinese?" I whispered to Yixing. He turned around, pointed at his eyebrows and mouthed 'its the eyebrows' then chuckled. The Koreans turned to us, a confused look on their faces. 
"Ah, yes.. They really needed it though," Kris spoke.  "I need you to show me your taxi driver's permit." 

Kris blinked. We were all silent. "I..." He paused. "I forgot it at home," he shrugged. "Get out the car," the man instructed. Kris did. "We didn't steal it!" Tao shrieked. "You stole it?!" The man excaimed. "No!" Joonmyun yelled. "All of you get out the car! Now!" he was getting angrier. "We didn't do it! He did!" Tao shrieked and pointed at me. "What?" I squeaked. "Get down on your knees and put your hands on top of your head!" He screamed at me. "What the ?" Jongdae yelled. "We were locked up!" Tao screamed again, desperation painted on his face. "You locked them up?" the officer screamed at kris. "WHAT?" Kris roared, his eyes wide. "Get on the ground, now!" he got kris to lay down on his stomach. "Tao! Shut the hell up!" Jongin smacked him on the back of his head. Tao looked like he was about to cry, Minseok was banging his head on the window, Sehun was holding the bridge of his nose, Jongin was getting angry, Kyungsoo's eyes were wide and alert, Yixing was just staring at us while kris and I were outside; him laying on the ground, me on my knees. 

"Tao, stop," and I pointed at where my watch is supposed to be. The man froze, everything froze but us. "YAH! BABO!" Baekhyun hit the back of Tao's head lightly. "Drag him to his car," I sighed. Minseok and Sehun dragged the guy, Minseok holding him from the armpits and Sehun holding his feet. They placed him on his chair, closed the door and turned back at me. "I don't know if this will work since time is stopped but I'll try," I leaned my head towards him. "You need to go back home. You don't know what you were doing here. You never saw anyone in the past hour."

"Okay let's go back in the cab and then Tao, unfreeze time," I hurried to the cab along with everybody else. We were in the same positions again. "Now find a place to stay, will you?" Joonmyun sighed. Kris the engine and we sped off. Tao unfroze time about 10 minutes after, so that we were sure it was safe. "Okay you know what? How about we just get some sleeping bags or whatever and sleep in a park? We'll be together so it's fine, right?" Joonmyun turned around to look at us. "Yes hi, I don't know if you remember but we're sort of running away right now so sleeping in the middle of a park is not so secure," Jongdae said flatly. "There, go in that mall. We'll have a sleep over in the bathroom," Joonmyun said. "Ah, ok you've officially lost your mind," Minseok bluntly said. "Just go into one of the condos," Yixing sighed. "Luhan, just ask them which of the condos are empty but furnished and Jongin can teleport inside and unlock the door for us, done." 

We did what Yixing told us to do, Kris parked the cab in a public parking far from us so if they found it, they wouldn't pinpoint it at us. We opened the door of the building and stood there. There was another door which wouldn't open. "You need one of those card thingies," Sehun pointed at the black thing on the wall, the light red. In front of us, in the building there was a concierge sitting on his chair. I looked into his eyes, "open the door for us". The man frowned but opened it anyway, the red light turned green and we got in. "Do you live here?" the man asked. "Yes do you know which apartment is available but furnished? My friends here want to move in," I gestured to them. "All of you?" the man frowned deeper. "Yes, all of us," Kris spoke. "Tell us what we want to know" I transferred the thought. "Huh, well my subconscious is telling me to tell you so okay, room 311 is furnished and available, third floor," he rubbed his forehead, confused. "Thank you," Joonmyun smiled and we walked to the elevators. All of us squeezed in, it said the limit was 16 people so we were fine. Jongdae clicked on the 3 button and we filed out as soon as it opened. "Okay 311, that way," Joonmyun pointed to his right and marched off. "I think something's wrong with him," Minseok said in all seriousness. The sign right in front of us said '301-308' and was pointed right while left said '307-313'. We all turned right and walked to 311 while Yixing chased after Joonmyun. Jongin teleported inside, everything was still until the lock clicked open. I ran into the closest room and I heard thuds behind me. "I called that room you jerk!" Jongin bellowed and tackled me onto the ground. " no! I need to sleep on a bed and that bed is mine!" I twisted from beneath him and crawled to the room. My ankle was grabbed by someone and I was dragged back, "noooooooo!" I screamed. Baekhyun jumped In front of me and laughed loudly. "Hahah, ers-" he was pushed away by Kyungsoo. He landed on the ground with a thud and his eyes widened. "Yah! Kyungsoo!" he shrieked. I quickly got up and ran into the room, the exact same time as Kyungsoo. I shut the door and breathed out. "Well, I think the bed is big enough for four of us, so should Jongin and Baekhyun sleep here too?" Kyungsoo pursed his lips. "But Baekhyun is so loud," he pouted. "I'm not that loud!" Baekhyun whined. 

 

 

 

❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀

omg. it all got deleted. The end was like 300 more words and it's all like gone. lol. sorry.