Chapter 3

This is so not happening

It was now probably two months since I got there, I was basically an expert at my powers.  I could move a whole bunch of things around. The heavier stuff of course were a whole lot harder. The boys were more comfortable now; we laughed and smiled a lot more. What happened was unexpected. It left my blood boiling and I swear I saw red. We were at our cells and a few guys were taken out for training, so far I haven't been up against anyone but Chanyeol. And surprisingly, I won. It was slow at first, no one did a thing. I could tell Chanyeol was going easy on me since it was my first time but someone came in and told him not to hold down on me. I was so scared I almost peed.

 The fire balls flew at me. It was fast, but I could see them. Without even moving my hand, they were all flying back at Chanyeol. He wasn't expecting them so by the time he had them absorbed there was a bunch of swords and weapons that were on the side for me to use, around him. His eyes widened and he gasped. I won. We laughed it off together and shook hands, and after that we went back to our cells.

 Tao and Joonmyun were out doing their personal training when Tao came in, bruises and cuts all over his body. "Tao!" I shrieked and when he was shoved in the cell my head started spinning. The feeling of de ja vu was nauseating. He landed with a thud on the ground and he covered his face with his hands. Once he landed on the ground he broke down in tears. "What the ?" Kris basically growled. We all ran over to him and I dropped to the ground, he was on his knees. We waited for about a minute until he spoke, trying to comfort him but our minds were obviously somewhere else.

"I screwed it up for us. I'm sorry guys," he choked a sob. "What? Screwed what up?" Minseok cried out, his eyes wide. "I-I was training but they asked me to freeze time in our room so they can do something. I told them I can't freeze time for only certain people. They said I need to get drugged so that it would like boost my powers. I told them I don't want to. And I kept saying I don't want to. Th-then this guy came over and shoved me on the ground, he started screaming that I'm selfish and that I was getting too comfortable, he kept reminding me that we were only their experiments and kept hitting me before someone shoved him away. Then one of his guys came and dragged me here," Tao's crying was slowly coming to an end. We could tell, the guard that shoved him in was new. I’ve never see him before. Tao’s eyes were red and puffy, but all I could feel was anger. I glared at the floor, thinking of ways I could choke whoever did that to him. "That's it, we're leaving," Kris growled in a low tone. "Hell yeah we are!" Baekhyun threw his fist in the air before it was dragged down by Jongdae. 


Safe to say that finding a way out was nearly impossible. Nearly. We all agreed that Tao and Kai had to go up against each other. But we couldn't talk about how. So later that night, the guys went in the bathroom in pairs. When Kris and Joonmyun went in, they discussed, leaving the shower on to make it sound like they were taking a shower. They would then wash their hair only. Kris went out and Yixing went in, Joonmyun told him about what they had discussed and he left the bathroom, letting Minseok come in. Yixing told him about the plan, he hesitated a bit but agreed. Yixing left and Jongdae took his place. The cycle was repeating and I was last. Which was pretty stupid since I can send thoughts to them, it would've been so much easier than all that. But we didn't have much time to think, it was more of a 'work with the first idea' kind of thing.

Jongin told me the plan. "Well, it's kind of stupid and there's a giant chance it won't work but basically these next few days we're going to have to act angry at each other. Show no emotions towards them, like robots. Kyungsoo told us a few months ago that he heard them talking about 'everything being so much easier if we were robots'. Tao and I are going to have to fight, basically. He's going to say a few things, I'll say a few things and we start beating each other up. We also agreed that we can stand the pain, so we're going to have to actually punch each other. And both Tao and I are fine with it. You see, we noticed that this place encourages us to somehow go against each other. Why would they make us fight against each other? Why would they lie about Sehuns paren- I wasn't supposed to mention that." a pause. "Never mind. Anyway, Kris and Joonmyun think that since we're already always being watched they're going to see Tao and I fight. They predict that when they see us fight they might let us face each other on the battlefield place thingy. So either it works or Tao and I get beaten for no reason. We've had arguments before and they've always made us face the person we were arguing with. So, it's worth a shot," Jongin grinned, completing his explanation and suddenly took off his shirt.

 I wanted to die. How could a boy who was stuck in that place for who knows how long have abs? Did the others do that? Take off their shirts out of nowhere? He put his head in the water and washed his hair. He got up again, smirked and walked out. Did he know? How could he have known? You see, I figured it out in 9th grade. My first year of high school. While everyone was busy staring at girls' s, I was looking at the guys' abs. While they were checking out the girls' legs and asses, I was hyperventilating about the guys' muscles. I was thankful to the girls sometimes; they'd always follow me around and ask me out and that sort of stuff. When I kindly rejected them people would just think that I'm shy. Not entirely true, but I didn't bother correcting them. I couldn't, I'd get laughed at until I graduated.

Jongin's words ran through my mind. What did they say about Sehun's parents? Why'd he said he wasn't supposed to mention that? It's probably because I'm new and they don't want to go down memory lane. Yeah. 


Once I got out, it was Showtime. None of us talked much during dinner, a few asked some to pass something over and that was basically it. It looked realistic, if you ignored Baekhyun. He looked like he was suffocating. His lips were pursed and his face turned red a few times when he tried really hard to contain his laughter. Chanyeol was sitting right next to him, his lips twitching. It could be taken as an angry twitch I guess. But when Baek was drinking his water, he looked over at Chanyeol and started choking. Chanyeol slowly turned his head around and smacked Baek's back so hard it went echoing around the cells.

 "Are you okay Baekkie?" his sarcastic tone was unfamiliar. Baekhyun was trying even harder now not to laugh. I had to look away so I wouldn't burst. Baek, for one, actually looked like a balloon that was being filled with too much air. "I need to go to the bathroom," he announced. I was impressed; his voice didn't shake at all. His stare turned into a glare, directing it at Chanyeol. Then, he left. I sighed, that was way too close. Jongdae looked okay; at least he could control his face. We put the plates aside, washed our faces, and brushed our teeth. There was no whispering before going to sleep this time, everyone was determined to make this work. Some honestly thought that things were changing, like Joonmyun. He thought they might actually be treating us a lot better and maybe even letting us out soon. When he came back and saw Tao in that state all his hope came crashing down. 


We kept the show going for 4 days, the doctors and teachers noticing our behavior. It started rubbing off on us, with barely any sounds coming out of us, we were getting used to the silence. The main reason why Baek was trying so hard not to laugh. The silence was not something we were used to.  

It was the day.

Tao and Jongin had to put up the best performance they could manage. The training was getting a little harsher but it still wasn't as bad as before. Now, how was this fight supposed to start? We planned it all out. We were in the cells, we separated our mattresses again, claiming we were ‘uncomfortable’. Really, all that work must’ve paid off.

Tao was sobbing again, it was for real. He just needed a little push before he started crying. Jongin glared at the wall for a while, occasional grunts and frustrated sighs. "God, shut the actual up you little wimp! You're always crying, man up!" Jongin barked. My eyes widened, I was impressed. A flash of uncertainty passed through Jongin's eyes when Tao looked up. He shook his head as to say "it's alright". "Um, excuse me? At least I'm not the one who went ing bat crazy every time we'd get locked up," he snapped back.

 "Guys.." I said, playing out my role. "Calm down," Joonmyun said, trying to talk to them. "Tell that ing wimp to grow some balls before he starts them," Jongin smirked, playing out his lines perfectly. It was Tao's idea. Tao did smirk when he thought of it though. Turns out I wasn't the only one not interested in females.

 That's when Tao lunged himself at him. He landed a clean punch right on his cheek. That had to have been bruised. Jongin’s eyes widened for a bit before he kneed Tao in the stomach and got on top of him getting ready to punch. Curses were being thrown around everywhere before we finally got to drag them away from each other. They were both thrashing around, scratching the ones holding them in the process. A slow grin made its way onto Jongin's face; it looked like a madman's smile. But with the glint in his eye you could tell he was excited. So was I. " you Jongin," Tao spat, finally shoving whoever was refraining him from beating Jongin up away, then walking to his mattress.

Dinner was suffocating. It was like the air was tense. They thought it was because of what happened, no. We were nervous, that's what. Just praying that our plan would work. But if we ever got the chance to escape, would we be able to? Does anyone even know where the exit is? We just hoped that Tao would give us enough time to find it.

3 days passed.

I’d always get excited whenever someone comes just in case they’d tell us Jongin and Tao are going up against each other. They haven’t. The rest of the guys said that usually by the second day they’d make them go up against each other. Today was our last day, then we’d make a new plan.

The guys that usually escorted us to wherever we needed to go walked in. My head snapped up, ‘please for the love of god let them fight’ I prayed, hoped, wished.

"Sehun, LuHan, you're going against each other today," he said. I thought I felt my stomach drop. It was like my heart was stuck in my throat, I felt like crying. Did it seriously not work? It might have not been thought out that well, the hope was blinding the reality. It was a stupid plan. How could- "Zitao, Kai, get up," some other dude ordered. Everyone froze. "We're trying something new today; we would like to see if our experiments can beat everyone and everything, LuHan is new therefore he hasn't had the chance to go up against everyone. We all know Kai and Zitao have never gone against each other because it’s basically impossible to beat one another and it's dangerous, Zitao can stop time while Kai is teleporting and during the time he stopped it Kai would be in another dimension. We don't know where but it's worth the risk, let’s go." 


My heart was beating twice as fast now, I saw the man pull Zitao and Kai somewhere and it looked like he was warning them of something. I shook my head and kept walking. One night, really late at night I was hoping the 2 guys would come again. I was focusing so hard on the bars in front of me I barely noticed them widening. I was getting a major headache, doing something like that isn't always easy. I thought about it, if this does indeed not work then I can do that and we’ll get out. We can do it.


We arrived, the place we always have to fight in is basically a giant field. Little did I know that Kyungsoo actually has the power of earth. They made him keep quiet about it, but since we were all spilling our secrets, he dropped the bomb. So this field would be perfect for him to practice but they never let him due to his extreme strength already. Kyungsoo was extremely powerful; I was amazed at how such a small body can hold so much power and strength. But his thin and small body was all thanks to the doctors or trainers or whatever they are. They like to call themselves doctors but really, they're just kidding themselves. They barely fed him, barely trained him, only drained him of his energy.

 Sadly, I still had to go through going up against Sehun. Apparently, no one has beaten him. We'll see about that. My competitive side was glowing. The chances were really slim, but I actually still thought that I could do it.

 It would've been much easier if Tao and Jongin went up first but nope, of course we had to. I stretched for a while and looked over at Sehun. He was smirking as if to say 'you're making the new kid go up against the unbeatable one?’ That arose my determination, I was going to win. I stood about 10 feet away from him,

the whistle blew.

 He just stood there, calculating what I'd do next. His eyes were fixated on my hands. I kept my eye in contact with his but my mind was somewhere else, to the shield. It floated behind him, and let me tell you; it was extremely difficult not to look at the shield. I wanted to see where it was going so I could steer but I couldn’t so I tried my hardest to visualize.

 He lifted his hand up, probably seeing that I wasn't going to make the first move. A mini tornado was growing in his hand so I immediately pushed the shield with my mind into the back of his knee. It caused him to stumble a bit and by that time I swung my arm from the weapons to Sehun. Within a second they were all flying right back at me. He was using my trick! But the thing is, he blew them away! He didn’t even swing his arm or anything, nope. I just saw him puff out his cheeks and blow.

 I moved them out the way and thought. How could someone with only the power of wind be able to beat all 10 of them? How did he beat Chanyeol? Jongdae? When the wind sliced through my cheek, I snapped out of my thoughts. Blood was dripping down my cheek and down my jaw. It stung like ! Suddenly my hair and clothes were flapping around everywhere, he was making a tornado. I tried holding onto something but I couldn't, it was coming closer to me. Not clearly thinking, I pulled my arms out, concentrating. My head was throbbing and my arms started to shake again, just like the first time. It was worth a shot. The approaching tornado stopped, it was reversing. Sehun looked confused for a bit, he held his arms out too. We were pushing the tornado towards one another, I was controlling his tornado. I shoved with all my power and Sehun stumbled back a bit, I used that chance to swing my right arm back, left still pointed at the tornado, and whipped the weapons around him.

He was trapped. He could have blew them away with his wind in less than a second but it was my win because if this were ever to happen, he'd be killed straight away. I fell to the ground, coughing. My head throbbed more than ever and I could taste the iron. My nose started bleeding, 
perfect.


Sehun stood there, ever since the whistle blew to announce my win. He was shell shocked, and I was dying. "Why is my nose bleeding?" I shrieked. The nurse ran over and laughed, "your first nose bleed huh?”

 "First? What? There's supposed to be more?" I squeaked. I hated blood. I wouldn't faint or puke because of it, I just hated it. "Yeah, basically if you over work yourself you'll get a nose bleed, nothing too serious. Just get some food and rest and you'll be just fine," she smiled. The woman gave me tissues and left. I crossed my legs and sat, trying to stop the bleeding. Someone came in and gave me chocolate. I'm guessing someone from the kitchen because he had an apron on.

 Mr. Lee came over to me, a giant grin on his face and slapped my back. "Well done boy! You're extremely powerful," his eyes were basically sparkling, but the compliments did make my own grin appear. He walked away after telling me that I still needed some work but I was improving. I was satisfied. Sehun was staring at me, his eyes empty. I walked over to him, and stuck my hand out to shake. He merely scoffed, stared at it before he glared at me then walked away. Nah just kidding, he took my hand and shook it. "Congrats hyung," he murmured. He called me hyung a few times before but for some reason this time was different, a giant grin made its way onto my face again. 


"Zitao, Kai, you're up."


Finally.

 

❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀

Short bc I like cliff hangers oooooOoOo000oo00Ooo0h<3. yayayayay thank you for subscribing and sydugfhggufhds love you.