Chapter 11

This is so not happening

We boarded the car again, not sure how to react. Yongguk was in tears, blaming himself over and over while the rest were silently mourning, occasionally wiping a tear or two that so happens to escape. It was shocking; I couldn’t wrap my head around it. I couldn’t believe it was happening, I never saw anyone die before that, never mind have them die in my hands. My hands were shaking, my fear rising and I was having doubts.

Is this really worth it?

This ‘heart’?

If I turned myself in, would they let Minseok go?

How exactly did they get away with it?

I thought it over and over, it was impossible to just take Minseok away without him fighting back and neither Jongdae nor Baekhyun hearing it. The more I thought about it the more it seemed like it was planned, it was done too perfectly. Getting in and out the house with no mark left behind whatsoever? I eyed Yongguk and Daehyun suspiciously, what if they’re still working with him?

Once we got home we dispersed, everyone needing some time to be alone. Jongdae and Baekhyun especially weren’t like themselves, all gloomy and basically the opposite of what they normally were. “Guys, are you sure you heard absolutely nothing?” I asked, secretly hoping they heard at least something, something to reassure me that we weren’t tricked or their plan wasn’t as perfect as they thought but all that came crashing down when they shook their heads miserably.

I dragged my feet to our room, watching Sehun as he blew the covers off of him and then pulled it back on. It clicked.

“Sehun! When you went into the bed at night, did you hear anything?” I prayed and prayed in my mind that he heard something, anything to help us.

He frowned a bit, recalling last night’s details. His eyebrows rose again. “Yeah... I heard Mr. Woo’s voice.”

“Mr. Woo? Who’s that?”

“Yongguk hyung’s mentor or whatever.”

My heartbeat quickened, my chest felt tighter and it was like my heart was in my throat. “We should ask him what he was doing up here,” I said shakily. I was now more scared of going near the man. What if I heard his thoughts earlier? I narrowed my eyes. It was impossible; I didn’t even know how to do that. I threw that thought aside and dismissed it as merely my imagination. I convinced myself it was.

Sehun followed me down out of curiosity and ended up accompanying me in the mission of finding the man when Jongdae also came along. The three of us walked in the corridor where the teachers’ bedrooms are at and looked around.

‘Mr. Woo’

We walked into the bedroom with the obvious nametag on it. “Seonsangnim?” I announced my arrival and made my way into his bedroom. His room was casual and neat, however he wasn’t in there. I was about to turn around and walk back when I heard a ding from his laptop. I ordered the other two to stand on guard duty while I sauntered over to the laptop.

Email from [email protected]

“The ..” I whispered. Miknim? Who was that? I clicked on the email.

I scrunched my eyebrows together. “Well that was useless,” I inwardly groaned at my stupidity and my need for everything to mean something. I was about to close the window when I read something else, something that caught my eye directly.

From: [email protected]

To: [email protected]

One out, eleven left.

 

My breath caught in my lungs, the room was getting smaller and I was sweating buckets.

Miknimgnouy..

Youngmin..

Kim Youngmin!

“Come in here, quick!” I sent the thought to Jongdae and Sehun who came stumbling in as soon as my voice popped into their heads. “What?”

“Read this.”

“Who the is miknim?” Jongdae questioned.

“It’s Kim Youngmin spelt backwards,”

They read the actual text and my announcement only put more shock on them.

“They all work with him?

 

 

The ? We’re leaving!” Sehun demanded, enraged.

“That .. And he had the nerve to tell me he knows how I feel,” Jongdae’s voice quivered and his eyes, yet again, turned a shade lighter.

A loud noise outside made both Sehun’s and my attention shift, looking at the car that was now on fire. “You freaking hit it with your bolt!”

“I would’ve hit the whole house if we weren’t in here,” he said darkly.

 

 

"Do you... Do you know why we're here? Why they treat us so badly?" I asked, pausing in between, unsure if I should continue.
"They think we're abnormal, they think we were born from test tubes. That's what they tell us all the time. Don't listen to them LuHan. Don't listen to anything they say and don't trust them," his voice was getting quieter and quieter until he passed out.

I looked at Sehun. “You were right too,” I spoke in a hushed tone. “We really can’t trust anyone.”

 

 

 

Sigh.

First of all, I’d like to send my deepest condolences to Ladies code, their friends and family. I was really shocked to be honest.

I still can’t believe it up until now.

That morning was the morning I actually first saw their video, I liked it.

I came back home and found out one of them passed away. I read the phrase so many times, hoping I was reading it wrong and it was only “passed out” but sadly, it wasn’t.

R.I.P Eun.B, you’re in a better place now.

It made me realize how much I should live now, how I should treasure the people I love because who knows? They might be gone the next day. It was basically a wakeup call and I wasn’t in any mood to write so this all basically came out of my since I really wanted to update and give you guys something but I really wasn’t up for it, I’m sorry.

Second, please excuse the length. I am very very sorry it’s so short and you had to wait for such a crappy chapter but like I said, I had to basically force this one out with school starting and all that stress since I’m moving and I really had no time.

You guys should read my other story though, I do give more thought into that and I feel as if you guys will like it better.

Anywaaay, we’re somewhere near the ending!

Tell me, would you like a character death to make it all dramatic? Sometimes I feel like that makes the story better idk but you guys should tell me what you want, and I’ll make my mind. Please do comment or vote, it makes my day and it really does motivate me to write. Thank you!