Chapter 1

This is so not happening

I lifted my head up only to sigh again. I was still there. I squeezed my eyes shut for the 153rd time and clenched my fists, quietly whispering 'get me out of here'. I honestly didn't understand why I was there, I didn't understand why I wasn't crying or screaming either. Anyone who was normal would have been, it's just that I'm not. Or at least that's what they told me when they shoved me into this cell. The cell door opened, I stood up in a flash. "Where am I?" I screamed. I was finally losing it. The mans eyes narrowed into a glare.

"Shut the up, you don't want to be treated like that one," the man pointed at a small fragile boy who got shoved into the cell next to mine. "Answer me or get out," I snapped, I was not going to have some nice chitchat with someone who's looking at me with upmost disgust. He growled then shoved a piece of meat on the ground, right next to my feet.

"What the hell is that? I'm not eating that raw, that's nasty!" I curled my lips up in disgust. "Suit yourself," he smirked and left, slamming the door in the process. "Bastard."


"Can I have that?" the small boy in the cell next to mine spoke up after a few moments of silence. "Um. Sure," I handed him the meat and watched as he basically ripped it off my hand and ate it. "Gross man," I scrunched my nose as he looked up and narrowed his eyes. "If you're lucky enough to stay for another 3 weeks with barely any food," ah the sarcasm, "you'd feel the same way." 
It was silent for a bit.


"How long have you been here?" I questioned, hoping it wasn't too long. "Hm, 1 year? I can't tell how much time has passed any more, it's feels like time is passing by so slowly. What power do you have?" he asked, his wide eyes curious. "Powers? What?" I frowned, wondering if he's gone insane from being kept here for so long. "Yes..? That's why me and the rest are here," he sighs, running his hands through his hair.

"I have the strength of a beast and very acute hearing," he suddenly smirks. "They haven't been training me as much because they know if I master my powers completely I'd be able to smash this whole place down, crush it. I heard them talking about making invincible walls," his smirk widens, "the idiots." Strength of a beast? But he looks so small and fragile. 


"Oh. Well, I have no powers sadly but I'm LuHan, nothing else," I put my hand through the bars separating us. He shakes it and replies "Kyungsoo."
" yourselves!" we heard a loud scream and Kyungsoo sighed. "Jongin's at it again." 


"That's right! Walk off! Just wait until I get these hand cuffs off, I'll be able to teleport all 11 of us out and we'll come back to kill you! Just you wait! Oh and you think I haven't heard of the new guy? Very special powers? Must be careful of him? Yeah I'll take him too, we'll destroy you ers! Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you!" his constant screams echoed around the cells. Special powers? Was there another new guy? Are they all insane? Questions ran through my mind.

"Jongin-ah, you might want to quiet down a little, the new guy heard all that," Kyungsoo whined. "He did?" Jongin asked and looked through from the cell beside Kyungsoo's. "Hi, I'm Jongin. Or Kai. But they call me that so yeah Jongin is preferred," he grinned, his pearly whites showing. I thought for a while about Kyungsoo and Jongin, were all the people here that attractive?

"Oh, right I'm LuHan.. The 'new guy'. What powers were you talking about by the way?" I asked, quite curious. "How would I know? Aren't you supposed to know your own powers?" Jongin frowned. Right at that moment my cell door opened again. "Experiment 7, come forward," a loud voice boomed through my cell.

"Um, okay," I got up and dusted off my pants. "I'm LuHan, by the way," I smiled and walked in front of the man in a lab coat. "Get changed," he ordered and pointed at a plain white shirt with 7 written on the back. Oh. The trousers were basically ugly sweatpants. "I prefer my clothes now actually if you don't mind," I responded, my eyes wide and an innocent smile on my face. 


He was silent, staring at me. His eyes went blank for a second. "Oh okay.." he was about to turn around until he froze then whipped around and pointed back at the clothes, his face red with anger. "Don't you dare try that with me again! Now go get changed!" he barked.
I was confused really, why was he so angry? I picked up the clothes. "Where am I supposed to get changed?" 


"Here."


"What." I was baffled, I couldn't change right there! But I did, Jongin and Kyungsoo thankfully turned away. The man grabbed my hand and pulled some blind folds on me. Once he took them off, I was in a completely white room. I heard the murmurs from outside the room and a different man walked in, a small smirk on his face. "Well it's good to know one of your powers is basically mastered" he murmured, his face unreadable. "What powers?" I asked for the 3rd time that day. 


"You have the powers of telekinesis and telepathy, in a weird way. With telepathy instead of reading minds, you're able to transfer your thought into another's, making it their own. Quite unique, but then again, all of my experiments are," his proud smile made me want to punch it off. "The one with pyrokinesis, the ability to control and create fire. One with Photokinesis ,the ability to generate, absorb and control light. There's ice manipulation, lightning manipulation, teleportation, strength of a beast, water manipulation, the power of wind, one can fly, one can control time and last but not least one can heal," he explained. Ah okay, they are all insane. "I can't move things with my mind." 


"Oh, but you can. Try it, as hard as you can, try." He snapped his fingers and someone came in with a whole shelf of spheres. I'll show these freaks I can't do , I thought. I held my hand out and focused on moving the ball, trying to move it. I stared at it for about 3 minutes until I turned around to him. "Told you I can't do it," I crossed my arms.

"Try it again," he basically growled. I turned back and went back to my position. My arms started shaking from how much I was tensing and with a flick of my wrist the sphere went flying to the wall. I watched as it smashed onto the wall and shattered. I looked back at the man, my face pale. He went pale for a while, his eyes wide. He looked scared. Wasn't this what he was expecting? I, for one, was freaked out. I might've been expecting a small nudge but I wasn't expecting it to fly across the room and shatter. "Take him to his cell," the man's voice shook and he was looking quite frightened. The same man that dragged me here pulled on the blind folds and dragged me back to where I first found myself. Except this time I was shoved in. "How was it?" Kyungsoo's quietly whispered. 


I blinked.


"I don't understand Kyungsoo, I did what he asked me to. Apparently I have the power of telekinesis. So I tried moving the sphere, I did. But it flew across the room and smashed into the wall with just a flick of my wrist. I was expecting that man to be happy. I don't understand. His face was pale and his voice shook when he ordered them to take me back," I sighed, rubbing my face. "It's okay, first times are always the worst- wait you what? You flicked it and it went flying?" Kyungsoo's eyes widened and after a few seconds of shock a giant grin was painted onto his face and he started jumping up and down.

"HE'S FINALLY HERE GUYS!" He screamed and sat down once again. Now a few more people were watching. "What? Oh. Hi! I'm Baekhyun!" the one sitting in the cell across mine was grinning cheekily. "I'm Chanyeol!" a low voice chirped, I was not expecting to see that face. It didnt match his voice at all. "Tao!" the one grinning in the cell next to Chanyeol's screamed. "Lay and Kris are asleep right now but they're there" he pointed to the cells next to his. "Jongdae, Minseok, Joonmyeon and Sehun are probably still 'training'," Tao rolled his eyes.

"Nice to meet you all, um, I'm LuHan. Kyungsoo, why did you suddenly, like, spaz?" I brought my eye brows together. "Oh! So I heard them once talking about this legend. 12 powerful spirits landed on earth and into our bodies. Apparently it said 'once the spirits shall land in those whom eyes are open to the world since birth, there shall be a selfish human, taking their powers as his own. once the last of the twelve unites with the rest he shall have upmost power. Taking lead and destroying the selfish being, they shall show the world a new meaning. Hard times shall come, but the twelve must be one. Live as one. Give the world a new beginning.' Or at least that's what I remember. They say it's a myth but after you told me about what happened to you, it made sense. I asked around and apparently all of us were born with our eyes open, none of us were crying. Right?" Kyungsoo looked around and the boys' faces began paling. "Right," they said. "LuHan has to be that powerful one! None of us would have been able to use our powers so.. Powerfully on our first time. We're 12. It has to be true," Kyungsoo said, his voice filled with determination. 'This is so not happening' I thought. It was.

 

❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀     ❀

So the first few chapters are gonna be a bit short but they'll get a lot longer heuheuehueh I promise.