Nine - Non Existent

DOUBLE THE TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nine – Non Existent

“What are you doing here?”

Of all the person who could come in, why him? Of all the places he could go into, why here? What did he do to deserve this life? He didn’t want to see his face, not now. Not ever. But why? Why did he have to attend this school? Why did they have to meet again?

“Baekhyun. Let’s talk.” He said in a low, deep voice. He stepped forward towards him and he stepped back, shaking his head. “Get away from me, go away.” Baekhyun took a step backwards once again when he stepped forward.

“Why did you leave? Why did you leave me?” he asked. His almond eyes reflected pain and betrayal. Betrayal? The one who should feel betrayed was him. Not this guy. Not Park Chanyeol.

He scoffed and fought hard not to laugh, “I don’t know Chanyeol, I don’t know why I left you. Maybe dig inside your head and tell me why.”  Because I know you know the answer to your question.

Chanyeol stepped forward again. Again. And again. Baekhyun took step backwards until his back was flat on the wall. “You know… you know me better than anyone else, better than my parents, better than my sister— you know that I would be broken hearted once you leave. You're my best friend.”

“Yeah, best friend. You know after that night… you didn’t even treat me as a friend at least. You pretended I didn’t exist. Can’t you just please continue that, Chanyeol? Pretend that I don’t exist, because that’s what I’m going to do for you. It’s what you want right?”

“It isn’t what I want!” Baekhyun flinched, after all this time—Chanyeol still had this effect on him.

“I want you back. I want you back in my house—I’ll give you everything you want. Just come back.” Baekhyun shook his head. “I have my own family now Chanyeol. I’m sorry, but you can’t bring back the past anymore.”

He pushed him aside and headed to the exit but Chanyeol held his wrist, “I like you… I like you Baekhyun. I was just afraid to admit that two months ago. Please, come back…”

As much as Baekhyun wanted to hug Chanyeol when he heard his voice crack, he just couldn’t. It hurts inside, like something was crushing his heart. As much as he wanted to leap in joy when Chanyeol said he liked him too, he couldn’t. What if he’s lying?

He took back his arm and opened the door, leaving the lone wolf inside.

 

Kyungsoo and D.O was waiting outside the school for the Kim twins after class. They decided to hang out in the ice cream parlour near the school—the Kim twins’ treat. Kyungsoo was so excited. It’s ice cream! He’ll have them buy him a cup of cookies and cream flavoured dessert.

Five minutes after and the brothers ran towards them. Kai waved and Jongin smiled at them. “Sorry we got stuck in Mrs Go’s late announcement.” Said the brunette.

Kyungsoo waved his hand, “No it’s okay, we were not waiting that long, right hyung?” he asked his brother who was busy shuffling his playlist. “Uh? Oh, yeah?” he nodded. Kyungsoo smiled at the twins and they headed to the ice cream shop.

 

Jongin took the opportunity to talk to Kyungsoo when the latter was looking for what he wanted once they entered the shop. He saw the elder took a cup of cookies and cream ice cream. “You love cookies and cream?” Kyungsoo looked at him, a little shocked at his sudden appearance.

“Sorry, did I scare you?” he asked and Kyungsoo answered it with a smile. “No it’s okay really. And yep, I love this flavour, my favourite.” Jongin nodded and took the cup. “Let me pay it for you.”

“Thanks,” the elder said.

“You know, I’m really sorry for tripping you, Kyungsoo, I’m such a .” He said as he paid the cashier. He gave Kyungsoo his ice cream and the latter took and uncapped it already to take a scoop even before they reached the table Kai and D.O reserved for them.

“It’s okay. Just don’t do it again. Why were you hitting on me and Baek in the first place?” he asked curious of why the twins liked to tease and play pranks on them.

“Well, Kai and I really have a bad way of showing that we like someone. Kai told you to hang out with us the first day right, instead of hanging out with Baekhyun. But you decline…so we just continued that to get your attention.”

Kyungsoo laughed as they walked to their table. “That’s silly,” Jongin felt like he’s in heaven when he heard the elder’s laugh. As they got nearer, they heard Kai and D.O’s conversation.

“Look, I’m just trying to get to know you, D.O. Stop acting like you’re all mighty and righteous. We know that what we did to Kyungie and Baekhyun were wrong that’s why we’re here right? We’re trying to make it up to him. Not to you. So stop acting like you’re the victim.”

D.O scoffed, “I’m not acting like I’m th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter