Avenge

The Hunter and the Wolf

The wolf growled at me, snarling his teeth. Slowly, I lifted up my crossbow and pointed it to his head.

"Why... why did you kill him? WHY?!" I screamed. I felt my body shaking in anger, and tears were forming in my eyes. The wolf transformed into his half-wolf form, and stood up on two legs. The leaves crunched under his feet as he slowly walked closer to me.

"Why? Because... he's weak. It's his fault for not being able to protect himself." he said in a deep voice. 

That's it. That pushed the limits too far. My dad was weak? No, he was the strongest hunter I knew. 

"It's his fault for trying to kill me but failing." the werewolf said with a smirk on his face.

"SHUT. UP." I said through my clenched teeth. It's not like my dad goes around killing random wolves. He has a rule: only kill the ones that harm humans. That's the rule that we all follow. Why? Because we don't kill for fun, unlike these stupid werewolves. But after my dad died by one, I realized that all werewolves are the same. They don't care about humans. They think they're the superior ones because they are stronger.

My crossbow was still pointed at him, but he didn't seem to care because he kept talking.

"Maybe you will meet the same fate as you daddy?" he teased, and I couldn't stop trembling. Frustrated and angry, I finally pulled the trigger. It hit the werewolf in his arm, and he just smiled and pulled it out.

"Woops. Looks like you used the wrong arrows." he chuckled. I stared at the arrow in his hand, and realized that it was just a normal arrow. I forgot to bring the ones specialized for werewolf hunting.

The only thing I could think it my head was I'm. ing. Screwed, FML.

The werewolf's smirk was replaced by lust. Lust for blood. He turned into his full wolf form and jumped on me, pinning me to the tree behind me. I stared at the wolf's face... he was snarling his teeth, but something was different. He was smiling. He was enjoying it.

I failed as a hunter. I was supposed to kill him and avenge my father's death, but here I was now, about to be one of his millions of victims.

"SOHEE!" I heard a voice echoing throughout the forest. The wolf and I looked around, trying to find who was calling my name.

"SOHEE!!" the voice called out again. The wolf growled in anger, since his "cool" moment was completely ruined. The voice called my name one more time, and everything around me was a blur.

 

My eyes opened half way and I saw Myungsoo's face close to mine.

"SO. HEE--"

"I'm up already, god shut up!" I moaned. Myungsoo chuckled and took my hand, lifting me up from my bed.

"Get ready, we'll be late." he said, patting my head before closing the door and leaving my room. I sighed, and changed into my uniform. Looking into the mirror, I took out my bun that I slept in, and blow-dried my hair because it was still damp.

My eyes wandered to the box of makeup that my mom gave me when I started highschool. 

No, makeup is too annoying. Ughh... my life . I want to die right now and sleep forever. That wouldn't be so bad...

Yeah, I'm not really a morning person. I wake up and the first thing I think about is dying. If I could die, I would sleep forever... right?

But then, I remembered that I can't die. If I did, I wouldn't be able to hunt down the person who killed my dad. I have to make sure that before I leave this world, he or she will be dead.

I opened the lock on the small door inside my closet. Nobody knew about this place, except for me. I scanned the weapons that were tightly packed inside, and took out a tiny stun gun specially made for stunning werewolves.

If a werewolf attacks me in school, at least I could have this to stun him for a while. Then I could run away. Wait... what if it doesn't work because the person's not a werewolf? What if a normal human tries to attack me?

I pulled out a normal pistol to protect myself from murderers, rapists, kidnappers. You get what I mean. I also shrugged and put a pocket knife in my uniform's sleeve.

"SOHEE!" Myungsoo yelled from downstairs.

"COMING!" I yelled back at him. I strapped the tiny stun gun on my thigh under my skirt, and put the pistol in my backpack. Then, I quickly ran downstairs.

"Geez, you're so freaking impatient." I mumbled before sitting down on the table. I quickly ate the breakfast that Myungsoo prepared for me. It was like that everyday; Myungsoo was like the girl in our relationship. He cooks for me, cleans, and wakes me up from my sleep. But he has his manly sides, too. And he just had to show his manly side at that moment.

"Sohee, what is that?" he asked with an eyebrow arched up. He sat down next to me at the table, and I looked at his hand that was pointed at me sleeve.

"Nothing..." I said, sipping my orange juice.

"I'm not stupid, I could see the shiny thing inside your sleeve." he said. Then, he grabbed my wrist and pulled out the pocket knife with his long fingers.

"This is nothing?" he asked, looking at the knife and chuckling. I pouted at him for being so attentive.

"What if someone tries to kill me?" I asked, trying to take the knife back by snatching it out of his hand. He quickly moved his hand to dodge it.

"Nobody will try to kill you," he said. "Besides, I'm always there for you."

I felt chills go down my spine. It felt so weird... Myungsoo was being so manly.

"How many more?" he asked, putting his hand out. Pssh. AS IF I'M GOING TO GIVE HIM MY PRECIOUS BABIES.

"No more."

"Really?"

"Yes"

"Really...?" he said, his eyes going down to my thighs.

"Where are you looking? ERT." I yelled, trying to make him avert his eyes so that he wouldn't notice the stun gun. 

"I can see the gun." he said, rolling his eyes. I looked down at my thighs, and my skirt was lifted a little, exposing part of the stun gun.

"Curse myself for being so unladylike..." I mumbled to myself, closing my legs.

"Sohee, it's just college. Nobody's going to die." Myungsoo said. He then grabbed my backpack and pulled out the pistol.

"I'll be taking this..." he said, "And..." he pointed at my thigh.

"Noo... please just let me keep this one. PLEASE?" I whined, pouting at him. He closed his eyes and shook his head at me. I kept whining, and he finally gave up.

"Fine. But what if you get caught?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I promise I won't." then he nodded, and we both got up from the table to walk to school.