Chapter Four

Medley of Dalliance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
clean cut & sleek ``Expect the Unexpected.`` —— Chapter Four

Wednesday, January 16th

The clock was ticking. As the minute hand of the time calculator gradually clicked its way over to the number twelve, a young girl was dedicatedly jotting down the said sentences from the teacher in a coordinated note form. Just as Yeonhee lifted the yellow highlighter off of her paper, the bell had wrung, signalling all the students that it was time for lunch. With a firm line on , Yeonhee swiftly, yet also neatly, stuffed away all her supplies before heading off to her usual hangout area- the music room that stored most of the unused instruments.

 

“Hey, where are you going?” A slim, bony hand stuck out in front of her as she stood up from her desk. Without looking up, Yeonhee already knew whom that girly hand belonged to. That hand that most girls were jealous of belonged to the guy who was constantly trying to keep a conversation with her.  That hand belonged to the guy who kept on pestering her ever since the day she walked away from him at the library. That hand belonged to no other than Byun Baekhyun.

 

“What do you want?” A cold, but modulated retort left Yeonhee’s mouth as she noticed from the corner of her eye the bunch of confused, albeit pissed off, stares directed towards her. Feeling like she was under the spotlight, Yeonhee just made a bee-line towards door, neglecting the arm that was left hanging from the guy continuously giving her attention and not even listening to his reply.

 

God, why does he keep on talking to me? It’s attracting way too much attention, Yeonhee mentally grumbled as she weaved herself around the people walking past her. Just as she was about to put in her code to her locker, a sudden pressure was put onto her shoulder, causing her to stiffen before turning around to glare at whomever was touching her.

 

“I was talking to you, why did you walk away?” Baekhyun, also known as the person who dared to lay a finger on Yeonhee, questioned as a few people around were already staring.

 

“I don’t want to talk to you. Go away.” Yeonhee frowned before shrugging his hand off her shoulder and opening the locker.  That gesture caused a whole wave of whispers and gasps from the crowd. Great, just when I’ve thought I’ve already got enough attention, Yeonhee rolled her eyes as those fangirls of his mentally threw daggers at her.

 

“Why don’t you want to talk to me?” Baekhyun curiously continued on with his questions, while Yeonhee closed her locker door.

 

“Because you attract too much attention.” Yeonhee muttered out as she blankly stared at her locker. For a second, Baekhyun was able to catch a glimpse of what seemed like pain behind those glassy eyes of hers before she instantly replaced them with a dull stare and turned away.

 

“We’ll just go somewhere else then.” He quickly rebutted before grabbing her elbow, earning a shocked glare from her, in which he just reassuringly smirked in return.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter