Chapter One

Medley of Dalliance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Medley of Dalliance "Expect the unexpected." —— Chapter one

Friday, January 11th

                A shrilling bell rang within the walls of the school. The former student-filled hallways began to become vacant from the loud students dispersing to their classrooms. Loud chattering started to rise in the classrooms as the students busied themselves amongst the usual conversations.  

 

But, that was only until a certain group of good-looking guys entered the classroom, causing all- well, most- of the girls to freeze and start putting on their best smiles, hoping that they would get noticed by at least one of the guys. Out of courtesy, the three kingkas of the school would smile back before taking their seats at the middle-back of the class.

 

“The exam results are coming out today, you guys nervous?” Kyungsoo, also known as D.O, half-whispered, glancing over at the bunch of make-up covered eyes of the girls admiringly staring at him and his two friends.  

 

“Well, we didn’t have time to study before the day of the exam because of the training, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we did worse than usual.” Chanyeol shrugged, massaging his sore biceps from the intense dance practice his friends and he had yesterday.  

 

“Yeah, I guess.” Kyungsoo nodded before turning over to the slouching Baekhyun who was blankly staring at the front of the class, “What do you think, Baek?”

 

“I don’t know. The test wasn’t that hard so we probably didn’t do too badly,” Baekhyun answered, pulling his hands out of his pockets and sitting up straight, “Teacher’s here.”

 

“Good morning, class,” Ms. Shin happily greeted as she put her binders on the front desk. “As some of you may know, the results for mid-term exams will come out today. Now, unsurprisingly, our class had the best results compared to the whole school, and so I would like to congratulate you for that!” She proudly clapped before the classes excited cheering followed.

 

“Man, I can’t believe it! We did better than expected.” Kyungsoo smiled in relief before he fist-bumped a smirking Baekhyun.

 

“Told you so.” Baekhyun proudly grinned as he leaned back against his chair.

 

After the little celebration the class had, everything went back to the usual; lectures, lectures, and more lectures. When lunch came in, the principal finally put the exam results on the main bulletin board. Not long after, a large group of students had already gathered around the board. Sounds of groaning could be heard throughout the crowd, but nevertheless, rowdy cheers overpowered the negativity. When the crowd of students finally dispersed and arrived at the cafeteria, the kingkas of the school made their way to the bulletin board to find out their results.

 

“Congrats, Chanyeol! You scored a spot in the top five!” Sehun, the 17 year old, harshly patting the taller guy’s back to earn a quick groan as a result.

 

“Thanks, but Baekhyun is in the top five, too, Sehun,” Chanyeol pointed out as he rubbed his back with a slight purple probably forming on it..

 

“True, but he would kill me if I smacked his back.” Sehun childishly grinned as he looked over the results again.

 

“You got that right,” Baekhyun muttered, tapping on the younger one's head despite the few inches in height difference. 

 

“Wait, so you intentionally made that pat hurt?” Chanyeol pointed out as realization dawned on him.

 

“Tch, you’re way too clueless sometimes.” Kai, the other 17 year old, shook his head.

 

“You guys, who’s Kim Yeonhee?” Sehun curiously wondered as he stared at the name ranked as first. From this sentence, Chanyeol was reminded of when he had saved her from falling this morning. He remembered the cold and dull glint she had in her eyes and was bewildered by how different she was from the other girls. She wasn’t flustered and she seemed so detached.

 

“Oh, she’s just this scholarship student that skipped first and second year of highschool,” Kyungsoo answered, walking away from the board with his four other friends.

 

“Woah, woah! So, you mean to say that she’s a 16 year-old girl learning third year stuff?” Kai reconfirmed, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Yeah, shocker, right?” Kyungsoo shook his head.

 

“Mhm.” Sehun nodded before slowly smirking, “But is she hot?”

 

“Man, why do you always think that stuff?” Kai slapped the back of Sehun’s head.

 

“Hey! You probably thought of that, too.” Sehun defended, pouting from the sudden hit.

 

“No, I didn’t.” Kai argued.

 

"Anyway, is she?" Sehun continued, raising his eyebrows at the older man.

 

“Eh, I can’t really tell from those large glasses she always wears. Plus, her hair keeps on covering her face, so I’ve never really seen what she looked like.” Kyungsoo shrugged as he pushed open the door to the private lounge room.

 

This lounge room was specifically only for the use of these five good-looking boys. It was last year when the principal had finally made a choice to give the room to them, because of the injuries students and teachers kept on getting from the hundreds of girls that continued on flocking together with the guys.

 

“Awe, that . She seems like a total nerd.” Sehun made a face before plopping down on the black, leather couch and grabbing a bottle of water from the side table.

 

“Sehun, you are seriously going to get karma someday for being so judgemental,” Kyungsoo scolded as he grabbed the bottle of water from Sehun’s hand, and drank from it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter