Chapter Five

Medley of Dalliance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Medley of Dalliance ``Expect the unexpected.`` —— Chapter Five

Thursday, January 17th

 

 

“Again?” Yeonhee muttered out, annoyed to see spoiled mustard, once again, squirted all over her locker. Ignoring the large splatter of rotten, yellow liquid dripping from the locker door, she put in the combination into the lock and took out all of her necessary supplies, along with a small, ripped piece of paper found at the bottom of her locker. Unsurprisingly, the words ‘go die, you ugly ’ had been messily written all over it.

 

Ever since the encounter she had with Sora, Yeonhee had been constantly receiving these little pranks everywhere she went. From getting nearly pushed off a flight of stairs to finding ketchup on her desk, these stunts- more as childish jokes to Yeonhee- were getting more annoying than threatening in Yeonhee’s perspective.

 

Deciding to just forget about cleaning the mess, Yeonhee strode her way to class since break was going to be over soon. As soon as she arrived to class, the usual clean, blank desk she was expecting was disrupted by a simple envelope taped onto the middle of the desk. This didn’t happen during the past few days ever since the pranks started happening so, undeniably, Yeonhee was somewhat interested in what was in store for her.

 

After taking a seat, Yeonhee neatly ripped open the heavily perfumed letter and was met with one anonymous sentence.

 

Hey , meet me at the rooftop during lunch or else those little pranks I gave you will get even worse, was what it said. Not caring about the threat she received, Yeonhee plainly dismissed the letter and tucked it away into her pocket.

 

The rest of the day passed by averagely; though the pieces of notes that were thrown to Yeonhee, from no other than Byun Baekhyun, couldn’t really be counted as normal.

 

“Let’s go.” He ushered Yeonhee after she barely closed her locker door; luckily, they were already cleaned by the school janitor.

 

“For the last time, stay away from me.” Yeonhee ordered, the icy tone in her voice very clear. Just as she turned around and took a few steps, an arm had wrapped around her waist and pushed her against something warm and soft- a body.

 

“Can’t bite my hand now, can you?” Baekhyun smirked as he tugged onto her

 

“Let go.” She lowly growled, lowering her head so that people couldn’t see past the hair covering her face.

 

“Don’t be so stiff. I just want to eat together.” He tried to assure, though slightly struggled because of the fingers that were clawing against his arm. After a great amount of effort and struggle, Baekhyun somehow was able to drag Yeonhee over to the room where his friends where hanging out at.

 

“I see we have a new face today.” Kai retorted as he raised an eyebrow at the black-haired girl who was forced to sit on the couch in front of him.

 

“You guys already know, this is Yeonhee.” Baekhyun also took a seat next to her as she began to stand up but was pushed down again by Baekhyun. “Yeonhee, this is-“

 

“I already know.” Yeonhee disrupted, albeit not as confidently because she was stuck in a room filled with hormone-enraged boys..

 

“Ah, you know are names already.” Sehun arrogantly smirked, putting on that prideful grin of his that literally screams, “Any girl who fell head over heels for us would obviously know our names”.

 

“With your names brought up every five seconds, who wouldn’t know your guys’ names?” Yeonhee shot back, a hint of disgust barely sensible in her words.

 

“She’s… a bit different than the rest ain’t she?” Kyungsoo whispered in Baekhyun’s ear as the rest of the guys were shocked by the girl’s sharp tongue- a lot like how Baekhyun was when he first conversed with her.

 

“See what I’m dealing with?” Baekhyun shortly sighed back, a hand on the nape of his neck. Taking this chance to escape, Yeonhee took advantage of his distraction and quickly stood up and turned around. But, this only ended up in a collision into a rather tall and well-built chest.

 

“Ah, I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked as he pulled the girls hand to keep her from falling backwards. However, just as fast as he held onto her, she had instantly retracted her hand back and straightened herself up.

 

“I’m fine.” Yeonhee heartlessly murmured before rushing off.

 

“Hey!” Baekhyun gawked before bitterly ruffling his well-groomed hair. “There goes all my efforts in bringing her here.”

 

That was the second time I’ve saved her from falling down, Chanyeol, who was still a bit dazed by what was happening, inwardly chuckled before he caught a glance at a neatly folded piece of paper on the ground. Curiously picking it up, he had snuck a peak at what was in the note and was taken back by what was written in it.

 

“You guys, look at this.” The tall man told his friends as he placed the sheet of paper in front of them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter