Chapter Seven

Medley of Dalliance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Medley of Dalliance ``Expect the unexpected.`` —— Chapter Seven

 Saturday, January 19th

 

                “Morning, baby girl.” A melodious voice sounded as the recently woken up girl caught a glance of her brother on his laptop- probably working on his next meeting- in the living room. He was still in his work attire- a pearl white dress shirt and dark grey pants.

 

“I thought you were coming back from L.A. next week,” Yeonhee spoke in her almost whisper-like morning voice, taking a seat on the small part of the couch that wasn’t covered by the endless piles of contracts and folders.

 

A long, cold breeze entered through the small crack in the opened window, glided past the flowing curtains, and swirled around the uncovered areas of the girl’s body (she was only wearing one of Suho’s old dress shirts and her boxers). A small shiver ran down her spine as she brought her knees to her chest; goosebumps were still rising on her legs and arms.

 

“The auditions ended early and the meetings were cancelled so I came home early,” Suho said while shutting the lid to the laptop. “I’ll be staying home for the next few days. Aren’t you happy to see me?” He looked over at Yeonhee whose eyes were too busy staring at her toes.

 

She muffled a hum, signalling that the answer was yes. But this wasn’t enough for Suho.

 

“Yeonhee, aren’t you happy to see me?” He asked again, hoping for something more than a simple one-toned vibration from as he stood in front of her.

 

“I am,” she whispered, finally giving him the eye contact and answer he needed. Suho smiled before pulling her into a hug; her head rested against his abdomen as he ran a hand through her hair.

 

Yeonhee snuggled into the warm, pine-scented embrace of his as she closed her eyes and gripped the side of his shirt. Oh, how much she missed this.

 

“I am.”

 

 

                “Are you still working at Xiumin’s bar?” Suho asked as he made a turn on the corner of a block.

 

“Yeah,” she replied, staring at Suho’s newly dyed hair before noticing how much skinnier he had gotten.

 

“I see.” He sighed. “I still don’t get why you like working there. Xiumin already gave me at least five calls this month about how you nearly got dragged out of the bar by drunkards."

 

“Why do people watch dramas?” Yeonhee watched the little crease forming on Suho’s forehead for a second before it disappeared.

 

“Isn't the obvious answer entertainment?”

 

“That’s the exact reason why I like to work there,” she admitted before the car stopped in front of the school’s gates.

 

“That sounds a bit sadistic for my baby girl,” Suho remarked causing the brief grin on his sister’s mouth. “You should smile more, Yeonhee.”

 

“Bye,” Yeonhee dismissed, pushing open the door beside her.

 

“Call me when you’re finished!” Suho quickly exclaimed before the door shut on him. Another sigh left his mouth as he watched his sister’s figure slowly retreating from him. But just a second after, a frown made its way across his face when he caught sight of a somewhat familiar boy walking alongside Yeonhee.

 

 

“Hey, thanks for the letter yesterday,” Baekhyun greeted the girl as he lightly bumped shoulders with her. Of course, the sarcasm in his voice was very apparent, but the letter honestly wasn’t half bad. At least because of it, he now knew that somewhere inside that heart of her’s, there’s still a tiny spark of kindness.

 

“You can’t read, can you?” Yeonhee retorted, annoyed by the fact that no matter what she resorted to, he would never leave her alone.

 

“You’re finally the one continuing the conversation, I see,” an arrogant smirk made its way across his face as he proudly said that sentence.

 

With nothing to say to that out of pure speechlessness, Yeonhee plainly pursed her lips and quickly entered the building.

 

“So you can be speechless, too, huh?” Baekhyun smirked as he caught up to the muted girl. “Anyway, what are you doing here?” He asked, a bit expectant of the girl to say something like ‘going to study at the library’ or ‘getting the next few months’ worth of homework from the teachers’ since she is labeled and self-proclaimed as a hardcore nerd.

 

“Same reason as you,” a quiet, monotonous answer left her chappy-lipped mouth.

 

“Guess we’ll be having more fun time together then,” he winked, albeit the only response he got from that was a miniature frown before he barely caught a whisper from her saying something like, ‘Damn it.’

 

 Not long after, the two teenagers arrived to the staff’s meeting room, although only a little more than half of the people claiming they would be there arrived. It was a bit of a shocker to Yeonhee that all five members of the ‘Kingkas’ were there, seeing how not all of them were dedicated to school.

 

“Morning, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol smiled as he pushed his thick-rimmed reading glasses up his nose. Baekhyun gave him the reply of saluting with his index finger along with a different-from-his-usual-cocky-grin smile.

 

Sehun and Kai just gave him a small wave of acknowledgement before going back to their phones; however, Sehun glanced at Yeonhee for just a few seconds before joining Kai.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter