Chapter Six

Medley of Dalliance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Medley of Dalliance ``Expect the unexpected.`` —— Chapter Six

Friday, January 18th

 

“Apples, broccoli, carrots, dragonfruit-“ Yeonhee swallowed as she tightened her grip on to the strap of her bag, “-elderberries, figs, grapes, honeydew-“ She continued on, leaving connected footprints across the snow as she trudged towards the school entrance. Strangely enough, Yeonhee had always used this habit of naming fruits or vegetables alphabetically when she gets nervous.

 

After the near incident she had gone through yesterday, the uneasiness and anxiety had continuously haunted her. Despite the fact that her sharp-tongue had caused her to go through many situations similar to this incident, Yeonhee was still as terrified as ever every single time. All the incidents until now had just been a scare so that she would quit being so sharp, but it didn’t seem like the guys were going to stop, yesterday. Thankfully, Baekhyun- or as Yeonhee calls, the nosey snoop- had saved her before those erts even had a chance to harass her any further. Speaking of the nosey snoop…

 

“-iceburg lettuce, jackfruit, kiwi…” A white fog spread from Yeonhees mouth; the sound of a whispered sigh stopped the fruit and veggie naming, ”Should I say thank you?” Yeonhee considered, loosening her grip on the backpack strap. I’m giving gratitude to him for helping me, not giving my trust to him, so writing a note would be fine…Right?

 

 

“Class, before going off to lunch, remember to finish the rough draft of your partner’s face structure on paper tonight! We’ll be starting to use the clay next lesson.” The art teacher, Mr. Hyun, shouted towards the students bunched up at the door. “Ah, Yeonhee, could you come here for a moment?” He called out.

 

Yeonhee had just finished the letter she was going to somehow give to Baekhyun before Mr. Hyun had called out to her. Picking up the last of her supplies, Yeonhee walked to the corner of the art room to where the teacher’s desk was.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Well, as you know, Valentine’s Day is coming soon and the school will be holding a festival. I’m the teacher in charge of the event, but this year, I’m only allowed to check up on the students instead of helping them think of a theme. 

 

The event will be pretty big so I wanted to find the right students to replace me, and plan out the theme and ways to raise money. I’ve already picked out 20 people to do that, but I need just one more to be the student in charge of all of them. If you don’t mind, I would ask of you to be in that position, Yeonhee.” He asked, giving Yeonhee a hopeful, yet pleading look.

 

“I’ll accept the offer.” She immediately agreed. This is going to help your student record, Yeonhee, so just endure it, she persuaded herself.

 

“Ah, I knew you would do it! You’re the only girl I believe would not try to flirt and get too distracted by those boys you younglings call ‘Kingkas’.” He grinned, giving a big clap of his hands before handing her a big, brown envelope containing a few sheets of paper and about a thousand dollars. So the snoop and those guys are in thiis, too? She internally frowned.

 

“Well, here is the money for you to get started on, and also a few papers about the past festivals to help give you some ideas. I’ll be checking up on you every week until Valentine’s Day so be prepared to give me a roundabout of what you guys are thinking.” Mr. Hun explained, leaning back on his wooden chair. “Thank you again, Yeonhee, for doing this.”

 

“It won’t be a problem.” She reassured, before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter