Remember Me

Love Again
chapter six
2008
After a rough winter and a sweet spring, the hot summer was out again leaving the people of the city to enjoy the weather in the thousands of ways the season could permit it.

 

From the ice cream shops to the public pools to the green parks, every place was filled with citizens looking for some kind of refreshment.

 

This included an twenty years old Sora who was simply excited at the thought of spending the day with her boyfriend. Though he was more comfortable staying inside where they could be enjoying the cool air of the AC, he didn’t have the heart to refuse her request of having a romantic picnic outside, right under the heated sun.

 

“Come on, Seungho! You are such a slow poke!” She was already more than a step ahead of him, the excitement running through her veins. Looking over her shoulder, she spotted him holding onto the picnic basket while trying to catch up to her. She giggled at her sight and stopped in the middle of her steps. She turned around and shouted towards him to make him hurry up. “Even a turtle can be faster than you! Hurry~”

 

“Yah! Who are you calling a slow poke?” He rushed in his steps, getting closer towards her; once he was barely a couple of feet away from her, he dropped the basket on the ground and went after her just as she started to run away from him, a squeal-like-laughter escaping from her lips.

 

It only took less than a minute for Seungho to catch Sora with his muscled arms encasing her body from behind. He turned her around and swiftly lifted her up as he carried her over his shoulder; she was still laughing at his antics, begging for him to put her down, even though she was enjoying his use of strength at the moment.

 

“Yah~ Don’t be like a cave man! Put me down~ Seungho! My dress is too short for that~”

 

She bit him right by his shoulder blade, making him jump out of the suddenness of her gesture; from there, she slapped his in an invented rhythm while she kept pleading for her release in a singing-like voice.

 

All he could do in the meantime was to simply laugh at her childish behavior, loving how she was spiked up with unbelievable energy; it made him want to continue holding onto her the way he was right now and as he did, he picked up their basket while looking for the perfect spot to relax for the rest of the afternoon.

 

“Oppa~ Right over there!” He turned around, acting idiotically, to her request. “Where?” He turned fast enough to make her squeal while gripping tightly onto the back of his shirt. He turned back around, making her laugh once again while she tried speaking up. “O-over there! Can’t you see the tree?”

 

“Ah~ You could’ve simply said so, Love~”

 

He marched his way right across the green field until he decided to change his path, wanting to take her to a better place.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“I know a better place, it’s more hmm, intimate.”

 

“Yah! Don’t get erted thoughts in that head of yours mister!”

 

“I wouldn’t dream of it~”

 

She could hear his smile through his words, which only left her to respond with another slap on his bum, as a subtle chuckle came out of her own mouth.

 

“B-but seriously, can you put me down? My stomach is starting to hurt…”

 

“O-oh, sorry.”

 

The moment she was put back down on her two feet, she took the basket in her hands and was – once again, and so romantically – swiftly whisked away from the grass as he lifted her in his arms, and instead of arguing with him, she simply let it be, enjoying the warmth that would settle whenever she was just in his arms reach.

 

He was definitely the best thing’s that ever happened.

 

Leaning her head on his shoulder, she closed her eyes while she was hugging the small basket while patiently waiting for Seungho to find the spot he had in mind.

 

It only took a few more minutes, but they were finally there.

 

The lake was surrounding the green area, where shades were created from the trees and the rays of the sun.

 

There were only a few people there, but not much as to leave it overcrowded; it was still perfect for a romantic date.

 

“And voilà! Here we are~”

 

As he put her back down on her feet, she had her eyes wandering to the view surrounding them. Left in awe, she started slowly walking away from him, her steps taking her towards the lake. She was lost in her own little world until strong arms slid from her back, encircling her waist for a hug; he was resting his chin on her shoulder, making her lean into his embrace and pecking his cheek softly. “It’s beautiful…”

 

“Mhmm…”

 

“You hungry?”

 

“Starving!” She giggled at the sudden burst of excitement that popped out and just as he nestled his face in the crook of her neck. The ticklish feeling made her let out a squeal as his teeth grazed her skin, nibbling along her neckline. “Seungho?!”

 

“Hmm~”

 

“Are you enjoying yourself?”

 

He bit down with a little more roughness, which was his own way to respond; she jumped and quickly broke the embrace as she turned around to face him with her eyes wide open while covering her bruised neck. “Yah! No hickey! My parents are going to kill you, and then kill me for letting it happen.” Her sentence ended in a whiney tone, where she let her lips fall into a childish pout.

 

The boy laughed softly, patting her head, before grabbing onto her hand so they could go back towards their picnic basket and finally start the afternoon.

 

 

“Sora?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“If… anything were to happen to me… Would you still be thinking of me? Would you still remember me?”

 

Both of them were lying across the picnic towel – just as they finished their meals – Seungho flat on his back while Sora was on her stomach. She was playing with the grass when his absurd question made her freeze. She tilted her head to look at him and quickly sat up, her eyes filled with worry.

 

“Where is this coming from? Did something happen?”

 

From his back, he shifted into a different position, using his elbow to support his upper body as he turned to face Sora while still lying down. “Nothing happened, I was just wondering…”

 

“Seungho, you’re scaring me… Why are you morbid suddenly?”

 

“Babe, it’s nothing. I guess I just got carried away with my thoughts.” A small smile appeared across his lips, trying to reassure her even though part of him was lying to himself, and to her as well.

 

Her lips curved downwards at the sudden silence. She scooted herself closer and lied down next to him; her head was right over his collarbone with his right arm enclosing her body while his fingers were lightly dancing across her skin.

 

“How could I be forgetting about you when you are constantly on my mind?”

 

Her words were a mere soft mumble. Her focus was put onto her random doodles on his chest while Seungho was looking up at the sky before shifting his gaze towards her. He placed a kiss right on the top of her head, making her look up at him.

 

“I still think about our first night together… And even that night at the prom… My knight in shining armor~”

 

A huff out of his mouth, she giggled at his reaction, as she knew that teasing him about that very portrayal was leaving him embarrassed.

 

“I was hoping you would forget about that.”

 

“How could I? I remember everything~” She paused for a moment without looking away from him; from his chest, she gently placed her palm against his cheek, caressing him slowly. Her voice was back into that soft tune, her words creating a ripple of butterflies flying in the pit of his stomach. “I mean… How could I possibly overlook anything that is about you, when you are the best thing that’s ever happened to me?”

 

He was so lost in looking at her straight through her blue eyes, drowning into the pool of passion he was feeling for her; it was simply on extremely rare occasions that he would feel this sensation and it would simply go away in the next second but ever since he first laid eyes on her, that same desire slowly bloomed from day one, and now it was exploding just like fireworks flying everywhere and hitting each and every one of the speck of nerves filling his system.

 

He kissed her with tenderness, his body slowly moving around until he was hovering above her, trapping her from any escape.

 

He broke off the caress slowly, his forehead sticking against hers with their breaths mingling. He still had his eyes closed, trying to compose himself from having his heart burst out of his chest. His hands found their way towards hers, intertwining their fingers together and sliding their arms up above their heads.

 

Small kisses were given, as gentle as a touch could be.

 

He was being careful, holding onto the raging hormones the best he could, but her scent was intoxicating his system, just like a virus would poison any substance within its grasp.

 

And God was it sensational.

 

Just then, he squeezed her hands, making her quietly gasp. She opened her eyes and noticed the frown on his face; she sensed that he was about to say something and it only made her heart beat up at a faster pace.

 

“I love you Sora... I’m so damn in love with you.”

 

And then it stopped beating.

 

It was the first time he had said such powerful words.

 

It was the first time she had heard such passion in his voice.

 

“I love you too, Seungho. I’m madly in love with you too.”

 

He caught her stare the moment she had spoken up. His heart fluttered in happiness and a sudden overwhelming feeling took over; the waves crashing as every set of sparks traveling through his veins met up, giving the sensation of electrical shock residing inside him.

 

From their held hands, she wrapped her arms around his neck while his fingers slid across the fabric of her floral dress, holding her by her waist.

 

They stayed like this for a few seconds, sharing small and innocent kisses before he gently pulled himself away to lie back on the ground, placing himself back into his previous position as he stretched out his right arm to bring Sora against him, her head back on his chest.

 

“Seungho?”

 

“Yes, Love?”

 

“If anything were to happen to me… Would you be remembering me?”

 

“I’d rather die than let anything happen to you.”

 

She bit her bottom lip into a smile just as she stretched out her arm, hugging him tightly against her body. She felt his lips place one kiss on her forehead before he softly called her out. “Sora?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“From everything that’s ever happened to me, through my whole existence… You are definitely the best of it all… I could even say that you are my knight in shining armor~”

 

“Tsk. That’s your job. I could be your princess, or better! A Queen!” She lifted her head up to look at him, sounding more convincing with her serious look on her face

 

A calm chuckle escaped his lips. He reached out to tug some strands of her hair behind her ear, where his fingertips trailed down her cheek to her skin soothingly.

 

He had that adoration stare in his eyes and it made her heart skip a beat.

 

“Yes, definitely a Queen.”

A/N: A fluffy chapter! Hurray! :3 and A special thank you to annalulz for helping me with that picnic idea or I would've never been able to pull that off >.<

Let me know your thoughts! ^_^

 

Lots of love, xoxo