Bonnie & Clyde

Love Again
chapter twenty-two
Just like how they came, they shimmered their way out, disappearing without any traces of their presence; three bodies were still on the floor in the destroyed living room with the front door crashed against the staircase that led to the second floor. The entrance was wide open, inviting back the gloomy area that had been disturbed just a few moments ago.

 

 

D a y  N i n e t y (#90)

 

The little wolf walked his way inside the house with quiet steps.

 

Silence reigned over, leaving only the tender paws to create barely any sound.

 

His muzzle on the ground, he sniffed the dusty floor until he spotted two human bodies, still unconscious from their demonic possession.

 

Facing one cop after the next one, the white wolf gently let a puff of air out of his mouth, resulting in both bodies to dematerialize within a breeze of dust as it flew away before completely disappearing and bringing them back from where they last had their mortal conscious; back before they started chasing Sora.

 

Once they were completely gone, his startling blue eyes took notice of the girl’s body.

 

He quickened his way towards her where he started to softly cry out for her to wake up. He nuzzled his nose against her cheek and picked up on the smell from the bruises that coated her body; he made his way around her until he was standing behind her, right by the back of her head.

 

He leaned in closer and started carefully across the bleeding wound she had suffered from after being knocked out against the fireplace.

 

With one wound healed up, he slowly examined the rest of her limbs until he spotted other cuts and repeated the same process until they were only left as pink scars.

 

Through the process, he came into sensing the burning bruise on her back.

 

He tore away the jacket she was wearing, already damaged from the attack, and tended to the wound, hoping to completely make it disappear.

 

At the feel of something wet bearing on her skin, she slowly woke up as her eyes fluttered open to a blurry vision before she could clearly see.

 

With the wet sensation came the softest of fur warming her skin.

 

Despite the ache in her neck, she slightly turned her head to see Caleb with the saddest of looks in his eyes. He kept his muzzle close to her face as he caressed her cheek while kissing her sweetly.

 

She mustered a smile at the pet’s caring gesture while trying to sit up even though she was still in pain. “I’m so glad you found me…”

 

She gave up, and simply lied down while letting out shaky breaths from the constant ache that lingered inside her muscles.

 

Understanding what she was trying to do, Caleb came to her aid as he went behind her and used his own weight to lift her up from her back until she was completely sitting up. Once he made sure she was okay, he stood in front of her before taking a seat right on her lap, letting her gently cuddle him as her fingers mindlessly slipped through his fur.

 

With the quiet settling around them, her thoughts took the best of her as they echoed through silent tears rolling down her cheeks; soon enough her overwhelming emotional state took the better of her as she found herself crying softly. She muffled her sobs with her hands covering while her eyes were shut close as she leaned her upper body forward, hugging herself.

 

He tried to get her attention but nothing was working.

 

He found himself crying from seeing her in such pain.

 

She could hear him, which finally gave her the energy to lift her head up to look at him. “I’m sorry baby, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Her lips were curved downwards, showing the wolf the sorrow that lingered inside her. She hugged him tightly against her before pulling herself away and smearing the tears across her cheeks.

 

She took a moment to herself before finally deciding to get back up on her feet, putting aside the faint ache that were still coursing through her limbs.

 

She turned her head around until she spotted the shattered pieces of glass from the photo frame that fell on the floor as she had crashed into it.

 

 She picked up the picture and stared at it, eventually losing herself in a trance.

 

Only a barking Caleb woke her up from her reverie.

 

She chuckled at his sudden excitement as she placed her family picture back to where it belonged. She started walking around, distancing herself from the living room as her feet took her across the floor into the kitchen and dining room before she met with the staircase that led to the second floor, the one where all bedrooms were residing.

 

“Mom must be feeling so lonely in that house…”

 

She climbed up the stairs, with Caleb right by her side, where she finally reached the hallway of the second floor. Still in silence, she kept wandering around with the memories of her childhood dancing around in simple echoes voiced out in her head and playing right in front of her eyes just like in the movies.

 

A nostalgic smile appeared across her face.

 

She barely remembered the years where she was just a simple child but it didn’t stop her from missing them either. Even though she was eager to grow up and live a life of her own, she missed the warmth of her mother’s embrace and the disciplined attitude of her father – despite hating his confrontations at the time – whenever she got herself into trouble.

 

She was definitely the black sheep of the family but she didn’t really mind; every child had its role between the other siblings. Being the oldest of the three, she had the bigger responsibilities but once her brother was born, he was the one that filled those shoes. He never said it, but Sora knew that her father was ecstatic about having a son. She always noticed the twinkle in his eyes whenever he had to have a bonding moment with Yongguk.

 

This placed her as a second favorite, but she never really put much thought into it since she still had her mother, until her youngest sister joined into the family picture.

 

As her mother called Suzy, she was – and still is – the sweetest of angels.

 

It broke Sora’s heart, and just as it did, she met Seungho and everything changed.

 

Her hands brought up together, she was playing with her engagement ring until her fingers trailed on the ink that coated her wrist.

 

She had a crazy adventurous decade with him and adored every second of it. They were so caught up with themselves, causing trouble around and even having their own personal drama, it came to the point where they were portrayed as Seoul’s own Bonnie and Clyde.

 

They were perfect for each other, that’s all she could think of.

 

Nothing and nobody could ever take his place; she vowed to herself to never love again because she knew, deep down, that it wouldn’t even be worth it.

 

Not when the man wouldn’t even be her soulmate.

 

She lost that card just ninety days ago and she was still hurting because of it. His absence was carved in the back of her mind because even with everything that’s been going on, she was still thinking of him.

 

‘Seungho… God, I miss you.’

 

 

He was fighting for his life as he was defending himself against his own brother.

 

Fist to fist and power against weapon, Cheondung knew he didn’t have a chance to make it out in one piece. Despite knowing the huge risk he was taking, he couldn’t leave empty handed. He wanted to end this once and for all.

 

He had only one bullet left in his gun and it was far out of his reach; after being thrown around, he eventually lost sight of his weapon as bruises started to color his skin, making him grow weaker by the hit.

 

He was down on his knees, using his hands against the ground to support his body as his lungs were heavily panting from the excessive use of his energy. His brother, on the other hand, had no scratch appearing whatsoever; he was standing tall with his arms crossed over his chest while gazing at the weaker boy with a smirk on his lips.

 

Cheondung struggled to get back up on his feet but once he did, the most violent spark of electricity coursed through his veins, leaving him to be pushed back and stunned to the floor.

 

He was left barely conscious as he was lying on the ground with his body burning from the wounds. He didn’t have any strength left in his body as he constantly tried to get up until he was forced to stay down; Joon had used his own body strength to crush the muscles of his chest and right onto his lungs.

 

It caused Cheondung to cough with the pain becoming excruciating every time he tried to breathe.

 

Despite the weakness and the thin trail of blood seeping out from the corner of his mouth, he tried to pry off the foot of his brother to gain back his freedom. It was in vain but it didn’t stop him from struggling to get back up and keep on the fight.

 

The numbness took its course as it traveled through his veins, turning into ice the stream of his blood pumping his heart.

 

His vision became blurry the deeper he felt the bottom of the boot dig into his chest; he could already tell that a bruise, in the mixture of blue and purple, was leaving a trace, damaging his human body even more.

 

But finally the table turned in his favor when an immense shadow, in the form of a dangerous feline predator was at the entry of the alley. The lowest of growl made the ground tremble, leaving the effect to ripple within both brothers. The sparkle of its red and blue eyes frightened the demon as he looked back at the creature with his eyes wide open and his skin crawling with the coldest wave of shivers.

 

But the shadow was soon gone only to reappear the next second right behind Joon as it breathed down the Prince’s neck.

 

The incessant growl coming from the animal left his mouth to display a set of sharp canines, ready to shred the body that was in front of it.

 

It was too late to escape as the shadow struck the demon straight on his shoulder, biting him with strength.

 

Joon cried out from the stricken agony, throwing him completely off guard, which gave the chance for Cheondung to finally breathe as the pressure was soon off his chest.

 

The predator threw the demon across, sending him straight against the brick wall; cracks were formed the moment his back made contact with the wall, leaving him stuck.

 

Cheondung was still on the ground, barely conscious, when the creature stepped towards him until it hovered above him. It slowly lowered down until the shadow’s stomach was gently pressed against the body; they soon vanished from the scene with a trail of smoke left behind, only leaving Joon to fend for himself with the rising rage boiling in the pit of his stomach.

 

 

Swift shadow smoke took its form in the witches’ living room until Cheondung and her cat made a full appearance.

 

The cat walked away from the weak body just when Armina approached him; she helped him up until he was lying down across the couch.

 

“This was too close for comfort Cheondung.”

 

“S-Sora…”

 

“She’s safe, don’t worry.”

 

“I-I need t-to see h-her-” He was trying to get up but the witch stopped him, knowing that he was way to weak and would collapse any second.

 

“Once you are healed, you can do whatever you want, but right now, you need to rest.”

 

Just as she got up, her cat took a comfortable seat above Cheondung, as she settled for his dirty blond hair. A small smile appeared across Armina’s lips, calmly amused by the cat’s attitude. “It looks like she took a liking to you. Strange though… I’ll be back.”

 

Once she was out of sight, he slowly got up only to find himself pushed back down by none other than the cat founding her nest on his chest.

 

He grunted in displeasure but either way, he gave up, letting the feline nestled upon him.

 

He was gently her back, letting her black fur caress his fingers. He closed his eyes and breathed out calmly, as slumber took its course.

 

The witch finally came back to see the boy finally asleep while her cat was softly purring against his chest, falling asleep as well; she smiled at the sight and just as quickly got interrupted when she heard the hunter’s voice behind her.

 

“What is he doing here?”

 

“He got attacked by his brother. Fela went to save him and brought him back here.”

 

“Is your cat in love with the guy or what?”

 

“Maybe, who knows~ What are you doing out of bed anyways? You should be resting Yongguk, you are still weak.”

 

“Not as weak as him though… Where is Sora?”

 

“At your old place. Caleb is with her, so she is safe for now.”

 

“I need to help her-”

 

“You need your strength back 100%. I promise you, for now she is safe. As long as she doesn’t get out of the house, she is completely fine. Joon won’t be able to find her.”

 

“I swear, if something happens to her-”

 

“You know something will happen and you can’t stop it. Nobody can. Not even me.”

 

His gaze shifted from Armina towards Cheondung.

 

“Why did you even save him?”

 

“Because for now, he is innocent… and cares for your sister more than you can imagine.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“He fell in love with her. He has a soul now.”

 

“What doe that mean for her?”

 

“Nothing, so you don’t have to worry about having a brother-in-law so soon.”

 

“But I still worry for Sora. Cheondung is still a demon. Punishment or not.”

 

“I know, I know. But the tables have turned and the stars have aligned themselves. The end is soon.”

 

“How soon?”

 

“Ten days.”