Chaos

Love Again
chapter seventeen
day eighty-seven
Overnight spent at the cemetery, Cheondung was the first one to wake up.

 

He was still in a daze until he felt a sudden weight pressed gently against him.

 

From staring up at the ceiling, he tilted his head to the right, making his heart stop.

 

Right next to him, Sora was still sleeping; her figure was snuggled up against him while his arms were wrapped around her, with the dog behind her as he slept.

 

He found himself awestruck at the picture next to him.

 

An overwhelming feeling tingled the pit of his stomach as his eyes took in every facial feature that he could see.

 

It was the first time he had experienced such a blissful moment despite how small it was; he had woken up next to women before, but something like this was new and it left something warm and fuzzy inside his heart.

 

The small red light grew in size, in contrast to the darkness that tainted it.

 

He was quietly watching her, lost in a whirlpool of imaginative thoughts when fluttering blue eyes looked up at him.

 

She was taken aback by having the boy stare at her but strangely enough, it didn’t make her feel uncomfortable.

 

“Morning~”

 

“Morning. How are you feeling?”

 

“A lot better. I think Caleb did wonders with that tongue of his.”

 

“You’re lucky enough I know you’re talking about a dog and not another man.”

 

She chuckled at his words where her hands covered to muffle the sound, and nodded her head in approval.

 

He smiled from one corner of his lips while his fingertips softly grazed her cheek. Just as quickly, she calmed down when she noticed the boy leaning closer towards her, catching her lips into a sweet kiss.

 

Slowly, as they lost themselves into their little moment, his body turned over as he hovered above her. She firmly grabbed his cross necklace and pulled him closer until distance disappeared.

 

She let him be and simply enjoyed the feeling that reverberated through her blood stream as it pumped her heart with strength; it felt good but it still didn’t fulfill the longing she was bearing, the same yearning into wanting her lost love back.

 

A low growl was close to Cheondung’s ear.

 

He stopped and tilted his head to the side to see the dog’s teeth in front of him, an angry snarl covering his face.

 

“Ugh. Stupid dog.”

 

“Yah~ He’s just protecting me.” She playfully slapped the boy’s arm as he fell back next to her, letting out a defeated sigh. “Well, I guess that makes him one heck of a contraceptive.”

 

“Tsk. You’re just jealous ‘cause he’s a better kisser than you~” The teasing flirtation going on between the two made everything around them seem so suddenly worry free; they had practically forgotten what was waiting for them outside.

 

She sat up and wrapped her arms around the dog, letting the pup play with her as he turned his snarl into a smile, happily barking while attaching himself to the girl with his tongue kissing her face.

 

The moment left Cheondung completely awestruck.

 

Once again, he felt himself falling breathless as he watched a smile paint itself across Sora’s lips. Small set of giggles escaped her lips from the ticklish feeling of the wolf’s tongue, leveling up the atmosphere into something lighter as he felt himself smile too.

 

As Caleb snuggled his nose against her right cheek, her head turned faintly towards Cheondung; she caught his eyes as she looked back at him and out of contagious emotions, smiled back at him with the corners of her lips moving softly upwards.

 

He could sense something pulling him towards her, his eyes stuck upon hers as he took in the soft waves of the blue ocean that resided in her irises.

 

Caleb suddenly stopped as his ears perked up high. He was changing himself back into a defensive state until he felt Sora’s hand on his head, gently patting his fur.

 

The dog cried and solemnly walked backwards a few steps and lied down.

 

A pout covered Sora’s lips as she watched the white wolf but her mind was soon distracted when Cheondung caught onto her, his fingers entangled in her hair and tilting her head back to him, abruptly pressing his lips to her.

 

She was caught off guard until she slowly fell into his touch.

 

He leaned over until their bodies lied back on the ground, her back against his jacket with the boy hovering closely above her.

 

Another cry from the dog was heard as he turned around, making his back facing the couple.

 

Cheondung didn’t let the pet interrupt them; his hands traveled down the girl’s waist, tightly holding her against him. His lips soon followed the same fate as he trailed them to her cheek, down her jaw until he nuzzled against the crook of her neck.

 

The feeling of his breath against created a prickling sensation rippling into a cascade of shivers down her body.

 

That same feeling only came when Seungho was the one kissing her like this.

 

Sudden pop ups appeared inside her head, affecting her vocal cords as a small moan rolled down her tongue.

 

Pleasure was building up through the specks of her limbs as the boy worked his way to get her voice spelling out his name under bliss.

 

Just then, a sudden throbbing ravaged her head making Sora scream out the pain; just like the previous day, the sharpness of the agony was clawing firmly inside her.

 

Cheondung just as quickly pulled himself away along with Caleb turning his back around, panic striking both of them.

 

Her back arched away from the cold ground of the mausoleum while she clutched onto the sides of her head with her fingers caught into her brown hair, pulling onto them. She was crying out the pain loudly and her eyes were shut closed where images of her nightmare repeated several scenes over and over again, making them more painful.

 

Her nose started to bleed and that’s when she felt numb.

 

Her closed eyelids showed simple darkness; her mind was free from the agony.

 

“Sora? S-Sora!”

 

She fluttered her eyes open – bloodshot red – and only saw one man.

 

“Seungho?”

 

“I-it’s me, Cheondung-” He could feel his heartbreak but brushed it off when she clutched onto his arms with a sudden distraught look appeared across her face. “I-I saw him again- that man-”

 

“My brother?”

 

“He’s a-after me- he’s gonna k-kill me-”

 

“Shush, he’s not going to hurt you.” He softly cupped her cheeks, while wiping the tears away and used his black sleeve to cleaned off the nosebleed. “H-he’s coming for me.”

 

She was starting to hyperventilate, her lungs running short on air. She ran her fingers through her hair and tried to get up on her feet as she pushed Cheondung out of the way. The moment she was up, a sudden wave of dizziness hit her straight to the core of her body; unbalanced, the boy caught her fainting limbs and lifted her up in his arms, bringing her head upon his shoulder.

 

He ignored the blood that kept falling down and simply walked out of the cemetery with the dog in tow until the pup started to run, leaving Cheondung all on his own.

 

“Chaos, revenge and death.”

 

 

“How is he doing?”

 

“For now, he looks stable. He might just as well wake up soon.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Of course.”

 

Once the doctor walked out of the quiet room, closing the door behind him, Yongguk was still by his friend’s bedside while the heart monitor was leaving the consistent beeping sound across the four walls.

 

“Ugh, I’m so not a good friend... I’m sorry for letting you down.”

 

He ran his fingers through his hair as a sigh escaped from his mouth.

 

The crime scene was already empty when he had showed up at the coffee shop; the only thing that was left was Himchan’s body lying down on the sidewalk, unconscious. From holding onto his friend, his knew his eyes weren’t lying when through the thick smoke, he spotted the middle child of the King vanish into thin air.

 

Somehow, with everything that has been going on with his sister, along with the witches’ warning, he was able to connect the dots, making him believe that the worse was yet to come.

 

“Yongguk?”

 

He turned his head to the door and spotted the witch who was looking back at him with concern in her eyes.

 

“Armina? What are you doing here?”

 

“I came to see your mother… What is going on?” She glanced from the boy to his friend and back to Yongguk, noticing how restless he looked.

 

“I don’t know, but whatever it is…” He sighed once again before speaking back up, defeated. “Joon is here.”

 

“Did you talk to Sora?”

 

He creased his brows when the witch showed no reaction, but just as quickly answered her. “Not since two days ago, why?”

 

“Cheondung is here too.”

 

“What?” His eyes were wide open and his brain was working to quick as her words were registering in his mind, taking in every bits and pieces slowly. “He’s been hanging around your sister for quite some time as well… He’s the one that killed Seungho.”

 

“And you’re telling this to me now?!” He was angry about the hidden truth but what annoyed him the most was how calm she was; he couldn’t detect one distressed emotion.

 

She breathed out and looked at the boy with a sense of authority, forcing him to remember his true self.

 

“Yongguk… You’re a hunter. It’s time to hunt.”

 

 

She was still asleep while the boy paced back and fourth around the small room, anxiety shaking the inside of his body.

 

He had to find the witch for her to fix this but he was afraid to leave Sora alone.

 

He was terrified at the idea that his brother might be watching them; he couldn’t afford losing her, not when he was close to conquer her heart for his own.

 

For the first time in his existence, he felt useless.

 

‘, I need my powers back, damn it!’

 

“What the are you doing here? What happened to Sora?!”

 

In one strike, he was suddenly grabbed from the collar of his shirt by Yongguk; the cop was walking down in the hallway along side the witch until he spotted Cheondung with his sister.

 

He was furious.

 

He shoved the demon against the wall and was ready to hit him when Armina stopped him, freezing his body with a simple gesture of her hand.

 

“Enough. You won’t be doing any good to your sister if he’s dead.”

 

“You told me to hunt a demon, I am hunting a ing demon. Why are you protecting him?!”

 

“Things are more complicated than that Yongguk. Trust me. Everything will fall into place in due time. Be patient.”

 

With a displeased groan, Yongguk let go of Cheondung and backed away a few steps. “I’ll be with mom.” He turned his back and walked out, shutting the door behind him.

 

Cheondung fixed his shirt while he stared at the witch, waiting for her to speak up.

 

Armina turned her back and walked towards Sora’s bedside, taking a seat by her side. “I heard your brother is back.”

 

“He is… He’s out to get me and-”

 

“And Sora. I know.”

 

“She says that he’s been appearing in her dreams, attacking her. She woke up with bruises all over her body and just this morning, she fainted from his mind control. She’s weak and vulnerable, and if he continues, he is going to kill her and there’s no way I’m letting that happen.”

 

He was becoming agitated at the mere thought of his brother going after Sora. He was dreading that this scenario might become real.

 

“He’s going to get what he wants. One way or another, he’s going to reach his goal and there is nothing you can do about it.”

 

“How can you say that?! You’re supposed to be a good witch and help the innocents. She’s a ing innocent with her life in danger because of my brother-”

 

“It’s because of you. If you had stayed away, he wouldn’t be after her.”

 

“W-why?” For that second, shock overthrew his fear and his anxiety. He believed that he wasn’t to be blamed for putting her in danger; it was impossible.

 

“Why do you think? For revenge of course! He possessed that poor human cop and followed you around since Seungho died. When he found you with Sora and when he saw how quickly attached you became to her, he made his move. He knows you’re falling for her – its pretty obvious – and he’s not going to stop until he kills her and finally sees you suffer, before killing you too.”

 

“I’m going to protect her. I’m not going to let him take her away from me. She belongs with me and nobody else.”

 

“You’re wrong again. She isn’t yours Cheondung. She belongs to Seungho.”

 

“If you are so sure of that, then why do we keep bumping into each other? Why do we keep meeting on the streets or anywhere else? Just yesterday I came across her!”

 

“And what happened then?”

 

He took a moment before answering. “J-Joon… Joon happened.” He was completely devastated that whatever the witch was trying to say, that her words were affecting his mind, making him think that he was just the cause of disaster, that he was the reason that Sora was this fragile.

 

“Like I said, you will drive her to her death. It’s part of her destiny.”

 

“ no. I won’t let that happen.” He stuck his fist against the wall out of anger.

 

He was ready to defy destiny and create a new path for him and for the girl; he wasn’t going to let her slip out.

 

He was willing to fight.

 

That’s how deep he fell.

 

“No matter how much you want to believe the universe is pushing you with that girl, it’s not for the reasons you think. When chaos is over, when revenge is undergoing and when death has passed, then you will find what you are looking for.”