Revenge

Love Again
chapter sixteen
The rest of the crowd had run out from the shop, leaving just these three individuals on their own.

 

With a simple arm movement, the man threw Cheondung out of the way, making him land with his back against the edge of the counter and back to the floor. He groaned from the deep pain that traveled throughout his whole body.

 

In that same second, Sora was suddenly grasped by . Her lungs cut off from the air, her eyes were wide open as they stared, in total fright, at the man that was holding her viciously.

 

“I can’t believe that my father hasn’t killed you yet.”

 

He threw her across the room, her body crashing against the furniture and fell onto the leftovers of the sharp pieces of glass. A cry came out of ; she was too weak to get up from the floor and simply lied down. She her back, her gaze staring up at the ceiling while her chest was heaving up and down, through the heavy breathing of her lungs.

 

She could feel trickles of blood from the bruise on her forehead as well as on her numbed fingertips and hands from having come in contact with the window glass.

 

From the ground, Cheondung was able to get back up. He looked straight to the man with his anger slowly breaking out. “Why are you here Joon?”

 

“You know very well why, brother.” The man in question approached his younger sibling, cracking his neck while his hands became stiff fists by the sides of his body.

 

Sora turned around, her head tilted to the confrontation that was soon to be. ‘Brother? What the ?!’

 

She forced herself to get up, or at least to sit up, and just as she did, an unbearable wave of pain fled across her body; she gasped as she felt her nervous system shake violently from the throbbing that rippled through every limb forming her figure.

 

The sound of her voice attracted Joon’s attention.

 

He quickly let go of his younger brother and leaped his way towards Sora, with the goal to finish her off.

 

She was frozen in her spot while her eyes were locked with his. Sudden flashes in her mind made her remember her nightmare where she saw the same man march his way towards her; she was terrified of what was to come and could feel her heart pound its way out of her chest, wanting liberation on its own accord instead of having it ripped away just like it was about to be when she dreamt of him.

 

He was about to attack her once again when he was suddenly pushed out of the way with a heavy weight landing on his chest.

 

A low animalistic growl resonated in his ears and just as he opened his eyes, a pair of angry blue irises appeared in his view; white canines were perfectly displayed, fuming with unbelievable strength. Paws and claws were gripping against the man’s chest, pressing harder and harder every seconds just in the hopes of creating holes into his body.

 

While Joon was distracted with the white dog, Cheondung ran to Sora and helped her getting up on her feet. She leaned her weight by his side as physical weakness dressed her body, tightly strangling her with the incessant numbing pain that she still felt.

 

“Can you run?”

 

“I-I don’t know. What’s going on? Who is he?”

 

“I’ll tell you later, for now we need to leave.”

 

He lead the way while there was still time as Caleb was still battling Joon.

 

Once they were out of the shop, he held her hand and started rushing in their steps as he walked forward, leaving her to stay behind.

 

They were turning on a corner street when police sirens were heard.

 

Fatigue was worsening her state; she was starting to slow down which left Cheondung to drag her further away. She tried to stop him by prying her hand away from his but his strength was too much for her to easily get away from.

 

“W-wait, just wait a s-second!”

 

At her urgent words, she was finally able to pull herself away from him making her stumble backwards; he quickly caught her in his arms before she fell to the ground and held her.

 

“I can’t run anymore-”

 

“Climb on my back. I’ll carry you.”

 

He was insistent as he turned around, waiting for her to wrap her arms around him so he could lift her and move on. She did as she was told and once she was set, he walked back on track, heading to the location he had in mind. “We’re almost there, I promise.”

 

“Mhmm…” She was tightly holding onto him despite how fragile she was. She had her eyes closed and hid her face in his neck, ready to fall asleep at any second.

 

“Chaos, revenge and death.”

 

Not on my watch, I’m not going to allow it.’

 

 

“Where are we?”

 

“At the cemetery.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because he would never look for us here.”

 

He was walking down the stoned path as he made his way straight towards an abandoned mausoleum just a few feet away.

 

Once inside, he walked down the stairs leading them into the main chambers where dusts and filth were subtly floating in the air or coating the cemented crypt.

 

“Are you sure we’re safe here?” She slid down and stood back on her feet while looking around, feeling the goose bump travel through her skin. “Mhmm, don’t worry.” His words barely seemed that confident, but she decided to believe them either way; he knew better than her what was best for now.

 

“How long do we have to stay here?”

 

“I think it’s best if we stay overnight.”

 

“O-okay.” They were standing right in the center of the room, their bodies still close to each other. She was looking around, slightly curious and slightly afraid while Cheondung had his eyes on her, quietly observing her. From there, his eyes trailed down until he gently took both her hands in each of his, turning them upside down to look at her bruised palms.

 

One hand showed cuts from the pieces of glass; it was faintly bleeding from the open wounds. The other hand was wrapped in a dirty bandage but still displayed bruises form her earlier fall at the coffee house. “Are you still hurt?”

 

“A little.” From down her hands, she looked back up at him. Her answer was spoken out with a small and calm voice, a side that differed from her usual character.

 

“I think we should head to the hospital instead-”

 

“No, please, let’s just stay and wait.”

 

“You have pieces of glass stuck-”

 

“I’m scared.”

 

The calmness turned into fright; he could see how the gaze in her eyes instantly changed. He felt a small tug in his heart where his eyes were stuck to hers, taking in the vulnerability she was showing.

 

“I’ll take you to the hospital tomorrow morning then. Okay?”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

Just one moment of pure quiet between them was drawing them closer.

 

“It’s getting late… You should probably get some rest.”

 

His voice was low and calm. He barely registered what he was saying as his focus was still on those wet blue eyes that were gazing at him with unfamiliar intensity.

 

“I probably should…”

 

She saw him lean in closer and let him be until she felt his lips gently pressed against hers.

 

It was a chaste kiss; simple and tender.

 

He cupped her cheeks as he brushed strands of her hair behind her ears and pressed his lips back onto her, deepening the caress faintly; they were simply small kisses where two pair of lips met.

 

She held onto him by his arms, her fingers caressing the muscles of his limbs; she glanced at them before lifting her head up to meet another one of his soft kisses.

 

She clung to him when he swiftly lifted her up, her legs embracing his waist. He walked forward and let her sit upon a cemented coffin as he settled himself between her legs, without letting her go from his arms.

 

Without another word, or even a single breath, he caught her lips back into his; her arms still embraced his shoulders as she let the lust fill up the empty spaces inside her, just to ease up the fear and the pain.

 

They were interrupted when an unhappy grunt made its way through both bodies. Pulling away, much to Cheondung’s reluctance, they saw the white wolf right by the entrance, growling madly at the boy.

 

Sora jumped off the tomb and walked over to the pup, crouching on her knees as she let her fingers caress its soft hair.

 

“How did you even find us, hmm? Ugh, I missed you~”

 

She sat down on the ground with Caleb joining her as he settled himself along her legs, his head resting on her thighs. She quietly petted the wolf while Cheondung stared at both figures, his eyes glancing from the animal to Sora and so on. “Is he yours?”

 

“No, but I wouldn’t mind having one of my own.”

 

“Then why don’t you buy yourself a dog?”

 

“Because I wouldn’t be the best at taking care of it. I can’t even take care of myself.”

 

He sat down next to her, ignoring the low inner growl from the wolf.

 

She gently calmed him down from his reaction; she caught his attention making him lift his head up, letting his nose snuggle up against her. She soon felt his tongue softly her fingertips – and other bruises – making the pain subsided slowly.

 

A soft smile made its way to her lips as she quietly watched him play with her.

 

Cheondung stared at that smile and felt his heart take a leap.

 

“So, are you going to tell me who the man was or are you just going to sit and stare at us?”

 

“He’s my brother, well actually half brother. We don’t have the same mother.”

 

“Why would siblings harm each other? What did you do to piss him off?”

 

“Hey~ Why do you think that I’m the one that did something wrong?”

 

“Because he’s the one that is after you.”

 

“And after you apparently.”

 

“Ah… You noticed?”

 

“Kinda. Did you meet him before?”

 

“I-it’s complicated…”

 

“Tell me.”

 

“I dreamt about him. I-I don’t know why because I’ve never seen him before in my life and the strange thing was that it seemed as if he knew me.”

 

She shifted in her seat, gently pulling the dog away from her so she could sit in front of Cheondung, taking up the space on his lap.

 

Without any sense of shyness, she stripped herself off of her shirt, showing him what she had seen back at the hospital.

 

“What the… What happened to you?”

 

“I woke up like this, along with the bruise on the forehead.”

 

He caressed through his fingertips the purple markings around her heart, his eyes intently gazing at the skin. “That happened right before I woke up… It was as if he was going to rip my heart out.”

 

His eyes shifted right back to hers. He saw worry and a hint of distress, alarming him.

 

“You might think I’m crazy but… When I woke up, I felt as if it was real, you know? As if – somehow – my subconscious was awake and I was actually going through this.”

 

“What did he do?”

 

“He attacked me. Just like back at the shop, he hit me and bruised me… I can still feel the mark from knife burning…”

 

“I’m sorry I got you into this.”

 

He was as quickly taken aback by the first uttered apology in his whole existence than Sora was surprised to hear it, from him nonetheless. She softened at the concern and hurt in his eyes, her heart strangely swelling at this softer side of him. “Don’t be, he’s after me too, right?” She wore back her shirt and sat back down next to him where the white wolf easily settled back on her lap, quietly resting.

 

“Still, you’re right that I pissed him off because he’s here for revenge.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“His mother killed mine and… I kinda killed her… in revenge.”

 

“It’s very Shakespearian of you.”

 

His smile turned into a lighthearted chuckle at her response, as if she seemed to have been impressed by his story.

 

“You should go to the cops though. My brother can help us out-”

 

“I don’t want to involve the authorities on this.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because it’s not worth it, and its not gonna change anything anyways.”

 

He has been staring at the empty view in front of him as he spoke up while Sora titled her head towards him, glancing at his features before leaning her head against his shoulder.

 

He suddenly stiffened at the contact but once he looked down at her, his body relaxed.

 

He leaned his head backwards, letting it rest against the tomb with his gaze diverted upwards until he closed his eyes.

 

“How did it feel?”

 

Soft words with strong words, he opened his eyes again without looking down. “About?”

 

“Getting revenge?”

 

“At first it feels good but then… but then you realize it doesn’t change the past and you find yourself being stuck… Why do you ask?”

 

He knew why, but he wanted her to say it because a part of him was hoping that simple curiosity made her ask and not for the intention behind the words. 

 

“Because I need my revenge. I’m going to kill whoever laid hands on Seungho.”

 

"Chaos, revenge and death."