Trial

Love Again
chapter three
"Do you have anything to say to save yourself?”

 

“What’s the point to defend myself when you have already made the decision to punish me?”

 

“As a father, I’m curious to know why you killed your own brother.”

 

“First off, he’s not my brother. Secondly, what’s it to you? You would’ve killed him anyway for supposedly ‘betraying’ you.”

 

“You still killed a Prince, Cheondung. You knew this was a crime and yet, you used your powers against one of your own.”

 

“He wasn’t one of us since the day he denied his lineage. You, yourself, had said so. How was killing some human a crime? We are demons, no moral compass is attached to us whatsoever and yet, you want to punish me? I bet you that if it was that other son of yours, you would’ve let it go, but because I’m the youngest, you got to attack me, is that it?!”

 

A sigh came out from the older man, annoyed by the situation his youngest son had brought to the table.

 

“You will remain in your cell until the official trial. If you even dare to escape, there will be consequences. Do I make myself clear?”

 

“Yes, your Majesty.”

 

“Why did you even do it anyways?”

 

“I don’t know. He was just annoying me and what better way to eliminate annoyance, right?”

 

 

It could’ve been days, weeks or even merely hours later when Cheondung was finally called back for the trial concerning the murder he committed some time ago.

 

He was surrounded by five cloaked figures, their faces unseen to the eyes but still showed great weight by their presence.

 

Dark surroundings, he was standing right in the center of the reversed pentagram where a bright red light formed a circle to his feet.

 

A deadly silence swept through until one of the figures finally spoke up about the current situation.

 

At the sound of the voice, Cheondung turned around while feeling slightly impatient about how long the final verdict was taking.

 

“The underworld is suffering a great loss because of your careless act-”

 

“I can’t believe this. He betrayed us, and you all still act like he’s worthy of the throne or something! He denied is lineage and by doing that he got banned from the underworld! You sent assassins after him to do the job that I did! Why the do I have to get punished?!”

 

“His Majesty was willing to overlook the betrayal. If you were a little more patient, you would’ve known that by now. But it’s too late and your recent action calls for consequences.”

 

“Overlook the betrayal?! Are you ing kidding me?!! It’s the king’s fault in the first place if all of this is happening! He had to mate with a filthy human and have that karma bite him in the !”

 

“I would watch that foul tongue of yours if I were you. How dare you accuse His Majesty-”

 

“Like I care. In the end, it’s still his fault.”

 

One after the other, the five men quickly glanced at each other before setting their eyes back at Cheondung, who was starting to lose his patience.

 

“His Royal Highness will submit himself to the consequences that the triad will execute under the order of His Majesty, is that clear?”

 

“Whatever. What is my punishment for killing a traitor?”

 

“For one hundred days, you will be stripped of your demonic powers and live as a human up above in their world. You will suffer the same aches and submit yourselves to the same sins. You will fall under the curse of humanity just as your brother did.”

 

“You got to be kidding me right? Is that some kind of joke? Why don’t you just kill me and get this over with?”

 

“You are lucky enough your father didn’t want to give you a heavy sentence just like death. It would be way to easy.”

 

“What happens after the one hundred days are over?”

 

“You will see it then.”

 

Suspicion was running high in the back of his mind as Cheondung eyed the demonic figures that were still forming the devil’s symbol around him, standing quietly without a word slipping out of their dry mouth.

 

“You know something. The Seer told you something about me, didn’t she? Which means that you already knew that I would kill Seungho… What aren’t you telling me?”

 

“It’s nothing that concerns you-“

 

“As your damn superior, I demand an explanation!”

 

“They don’t owe you an explanation son.” The deep voice of the King resonated through the grounds of the dark area, calling everybody’s attention. Cheondung turned around to face his father, angry and irritated about how things were turning out. “What is it that you are hiding from me?”

 

“You will see in due time. Be patient. Survive the one hundred days ahead of you and you will find out what will await you.”

 

“Three months? You had nothing better to sentence me with than three months with humans? And I was expecting something more far fetched for killing your precious son.”

 

Right from the palms of the King’s hand, a fireball emerged. Cheondung glanced down, his eyes widen in slight shock, before looking back up at his father. “Do you want me to kill you myself then? Or do you want me to ask your other brother to do the job?”

 

When no response came out, the trial was over.

 

The King disappeared and the triad resumed to the sentence with Cheondung still present in the center of their attention.

 

“In those hundred days, you will have no contact with the underworld, making you just as vulnerable and weak as a normal human.”

 

“Then let’s get this over with.”

A/N: I know its a short chapter, sorry >o<

More is to come, I promise :3

Comments are vewy much appreciated ^///^

 

Lots of love, xo