Prophecy

Love Again
chapter twenty-five
Back in the underworld, the Prince had sought the demonic Seer of the realm just for the sake of his own sanity.

 

Hours and hours have passed by only to fall back over and over again on the same results.

 

Chaos, revenge and death.

 

“Stop it with the cryptic message and just ing tell me what is going on!”

 

“Your Highness, with all due respect, I think it is pretty much self-explanatory-”

 

The demon’s words were cut short when Joon gripped his throat and lifted him up high enough to have the tip of his toes faintly touching the soil. He was squeezing the throat while gritting his teeth as he angrily spitted back a reply. “You wanna repeat that again to my face, Seer?”

 

“I-it’s al-all that I’-I’m seeing!”

 

“Then dig deeper before I dig through your skull and rip your brains out!”

 

He threw the demon across the room, making him land against the rock walls with a thud as he fell back on the dusty ground.

 

He just as quickly bounced right back on his feet while Joon was waiting with his arms crossed over his chest, the muscles explicit to the eyes of the Seer.

 

“If I may ask… What is it exactly that you want to know?”

 

“I need to know who she is. Exactly. She’s sticking to my brother’s side and I know that I saw Seungho in her eyes. I need to know who the she is.” He was faintly grazing the puncture points from the creature that bit him, remembering every second of that moment.

 

The Seer slightly bowed down to the Prince before going back to the task at hand, invoking the powers of the Oracle in order to fulfill Joon’s demand.

 

“You better be done by the time I come back.”

 

“Y-yes, your Highness.”

 

Joon left the underground cave, shimmering his way back up.

 

Away from the underworld and on the streets, he looked around until he noticed the girl.

 

She had just stepped out of a hospital building and was quietly walking all by herself.

 

Standing on the other side of the street, he quietly stood still and watched her until he started to pick up on his steps and followed her with a good distance separating them.

 

She walked and walked, her mind lost; he could sense it.

 

That was until she abruptly stopped. She glanced over her shoulders, feeling like something wasn’t right. He quickly hid himself within a crowd of people that were walking close together. She went back on her walk until she stood over an intersection. She crossed the street until she reached the gate to a park and went in.

 

He was on her tail, still staying at a bigger distance.

 

A few more minutes, and they were distancing themselves from the people on the streets, leaving the area to be more secluded.

 

The further she walked, the closer they got until he noticed rows and rows of headstones and such.

 

A cemetery?’

 

He stopped by as he stood under a tree without taking his eyes off of her.

 

She kept walking down a cemented path until she made another turn and walked over the grass.

 

She finally reached her destination and sat down while she stared at the tombstone.

 

He was too far away to hear what she was saying but he still stood there, watching even the most insignificant detail of her movements and gestures.

 

He waited and waited until she finally left, walking back the same path.

 

He watched her go until she was completely out of sight and marched on towards where she was.

 

Once he stood in front of the tombstone, he huffed out a breath as he read the engraved words.

 

“She came to see you… Of all people, you are the one she is crying about? But why is that exactly?”

 

He crouched down, his hand touching the grass in hopes of picking up something to sense.

 

 

Strange…’

 

He stood up straight just as he sensed someone calling him.

 

In just one second, he was back in the underworld, in the Seer’s lair.

 

“So, what do you have for me?”

 

“The end of the world.”

 

 

Back up, the witch was in her attic working on some potions as dreams have been haunting her lately.

 

She needed to understand them.

 

Powder escaped her fingertips as they fell down into the center of the bronze vessel.

 

A soft incantation rolled down her tongue as she closed her eyes, letting the effect of her spell seep its way through her veins.

 

She suddenly choked on her own breath as paralysis took over her body, freezing her completely.

 

Her eyes wide open in shock, fear seized her body the same way numbness had taken over her bloodstream, stopping even for a second her beating heart.

 

Shaken gasps were coming out of as she tried to breathe in and breathe out.

 

She was soon losing balance and was about to hit the ground; her cries caught Yongguk’s attention, as he was still downstairs.

 

He came running through the stairs until he reached the attic and ran straight towards the witch. He caught up to her as she fell on the floor, clutching onto her forehead.

 

Flashes were popping in and out of her sight until she was faced with the darkest creature as she wore a golden crown tainted in blood.

 

The blue in her eyes was completely gone.

 

Yongguk called out her name several times but all she could muster were dried cries from , until her lungs took in the deepest gulp of air, bringing her back into reality.

 

“What happened? Did you see something?”

 

“The end…”

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

“T-the end of the world…”

 

 

“Are you playing with me? What do you mean the end of the world?!”

 

He was angry and irritated.

 

“The Apocalypse. It’s going to happen.”

 

“What does that have to do with the girl?” He was insistent on the matter because he knew something was up, he could feel it.

 

“Your Highness… She’s the key.”

 

“The key?”

 

“Y-yes.”

 

“And? Tell me more damn it! Why is she a key? What does she even have to do with both of my brothers?!” Again with the frustration, he slammed his hands against on the rocky surface as he glared up at the demon.

 

“I don’t know with the younger prince, but from what I was able to gather… It appears that they had a connection, t-that your older brother had a connection with the human.”

 

“What kind of connection?”

 

“Twin flame… They’re soulmate.”

 

“But he’s dead. You’re still talking cryptic-” His hands into fists, he was ready to hit him, ready to kill him even.

 

“Like I said earlier, your Highness… it’s all about chaos, revenge and death. It’s all coming… The Dark Queen is coming.”