040. Red Marks

A Collection of Short Stories/ Drabbles: 100 Super Junior Fics Challenge

Title : Red Marks
Fandom : Super Junior
Prompt : #40 Skin (Shindong/ Kyuhyun)
Characters : Kyuhyun, Shindong, Yesung
Rating : PG
Length : short fic, 717 words
Summary : after the ShinPD variety show… :D

 

Notes:
After a while, instead of waiting for some spare time, I push aside my “homework” and make time to write. Just a short fic, though. ^^
Un-beta-ed, because I’m too eager to post this. I’m sorry. ^^

Oh, right, this is written in Kyuhyun’s POV.

 

+++

I’m so tired. I haven’t been this tired just because of one variety show like this before. I want to do and say nothing until we arrive at the dorm. A few minutes earlier, I rushed out of the changing room faster than anyone else and went straight to the van. I’ve been trying to sleep since then, but despite the overwhelming tiredness, I can’t. So I just let my eyes close and enjoying the darkness and silence inside the van.

“Kyuhyun-ah~~~!” the voice booms and resounds within the van once the door is slid open.

Ah.

I opened my eyes a millimeter to peek at Shindong-hyung getting in the van and dropping his on the seat to my right, letting Yesung-hyung scramble into the backseats after closing the door. I can feel his stare on me. I close the millimeter gap slowly, trying not to look too obvious that I’m pretending to be asleep.

I wonder if he’s going to find out that I’m not—

“Come ooon! I know you’re not sleeping!” Shindong-hyung almost whines.

Oh. Okay. So he knows.

“Yeah, he’s not sleeping.” Yesung-hyung states with a hint of laughter. “Just poke his face,”

Oh wow, thanks for the suggestion, Hyung.

I can hear Manager-hyung telling the driver to start driving, and a moment later I feel a finger poking my cheek. I give up pretending and open my eyes. Shindong-hyung is leaning toward me, his face only inches away from mine. His stare is serious, but he wears such a big pout it makes me want to laugh.

“What, Hyung?” I ask, finally saying something after fifteen minutes of silence (my last sentence fifteen minutes ago was “I’m going to sleep in the car” to Manager-hyung).

“Look at my face, no, look at my nose,” Shindong-hyung points at his nose.

“I can’t see anything, Hyung,” I said honestly. He clucks his tongue and promptly switches the ceiling light on. Bright light floods the whole cabin. Now I can see what he’s trying to show me. A red mark is there on the skin, on the bridge of his nose. A little faint, but it is visible there on the spot where I had placed the clip for his ‘punishment’ before in the shooting.

“Oh,” I voice out, uncertain of what to say. I feel guilty, of course, but it’s not my fault! It’s the producers and director’s fault! The other participants and I were just doing what we were told to. Erm… it was my choice to put the clip on his nose, though…

“The red marks won’t go away, Kyuhyunnie,” Yesung-hyung informs me matter-of-factly while giggling. It seems that Shindong-hyung has complained about this to him earlier.

So what? I want to say that as a retort but of course, being the lovely magnae that I am, I stop myself before my lips could form those simple words as a snarky reply. I end up saying, “I’m sorry, Hyung~” with a rather whiny tone and looks up at him with round eyes like how Sungmin-hyung has taught me.

I know that Sungmin-hyung is a pro in this, and I should thank him because Shindong-hyung’s pout disappears and he lets out a defeated sigh as he leans back on his seat. I suppose I do look cute if I do that trick.

“I just hope the marks would already disappear tomorrow morning when I wake up,” Shindong-hyung says while caressing the still-a-little-aching spots on his face. He then closes his eyes to try to get some sleep and says nothing else.

Yesung-hyung huffs disappointedly. I’m sure he doesn’t expect Shindong-hyung to give up confronting me so easily. I wonder what he said to Shindong-hyung when he was the one being confronted. After all, he also put some clips on Shindong-hyung’s face.

So I guess I win?

Haha!

Right. Now, back to trying to sleep.

I wonder if Sungmin-hyung would still be awake when we get to the dorm…
I have to tell him the good news that his trick works, again.
He would be delighted, and we might celebrate with a little wine.
But no, I’m supposed to feel very tired.
I’m not supposed to have energy left to drink wine and celebrate.

I should go…

Straight…

To bed…

Zzzz…….

+++

The End.

a/n:
Hahahaha. I wonder why I end up writing Kyu like this. I suppose he is the evil maknae. LOL
I hope you like it! :D
Now I have to get back to my homework from the office.
Oh my weekend. So sad.