007. Dark

A Collection of Short Stories/ Drabbles: 100 Super Junior Fics Challenge
Leeteuk/ Sungmin | G | slight angst |
| 506 words | BGM: Colour My World - Westlife |

It was pitch black inside Sungmin’s mind. Despite the various activities, he felt there was too much monotony in his life, he couldn’t even enjoy what he was doing anymore. What’s the point of all these? Surrounded by his laughing and partying band members, Sungmin had never felt more alone.

Downing his small glass of soju in one go, Sungmin wrinkled his nose afterward and exhaled loudly. They had just won another award that’s why they were celebrating. Sungmin couldn’t care less. He just wanted to curl up in a corner and weep, but Lee Sungmin doesn’t cry. It would be better if he could just disappear for a while. He hated feeling like this. He knew he wasn’t supposed to feel like this, but right now everything just seemed to have negative effect on him.

His glass was suddenly filled again, and when  he looked up languidly he saw it was Jungsu.

“Hyung,” Sungmin bowed his head, not wanting Jungsu to see how awfully depressed he looked, although it’s probably too late for that.

He expected to get a little scolding for acting this way. Afterall, despite of his soft and angelic public image, Jungsu was quite strict and stern in reality. To his surprise, Jungsu just patted his head softly, thrice, and then he sat down beside Sungmin and leant back to the wall, sipping his own soju. He didn’t say anything, but Sungmin suddenly felt warm, and something was getting stuck in his throat.

When he was aware of his surrounding again, he realized his head was buried on the front of Jungsu’s shirt, the leader’s arms around him, rubbing up and down his back to comfort him. His face was wet, his vision blur. Sungmin realized with a gasp that he had just cried shamelessly on his hyung’s white shirt.

He pulled away, but before he even got to say anything, Jungsu already said, “It’s okay. Come sleepover in my room tonight, okay?”

Sungmin stared speechless at Jungsu.

“We can talk if you want to, or if you don’t want to, we can just snuggle,” Jungsu smiled that dimple smile of his and Sungmin subconsciously smiled back. He could feel his own lips quiver, but he weirdly felt much better now.

“That sounds good,” he whispered to Jungsu, who then stood up, called out to the other distracted members, and suggested they return early to the dorm to rest. The managers nodded in approval and soon, they were piling out of the restaurant and into the waiting vans.

Jungsu pulled him to sit beside him and subtly laced their fingers together in reassurance.

Their ride was calm and pretty much silent, safe from Donghae and Hyukjae’s occasional giggles from the back of the van.

Sungmin stared at his hyung’s silhouette by the window. Right now Jungsu seemed to shine in his eyes, like a bright white aura that embraced him warmly and slowly, through his gentle touches and loving stares, broke through Sungmin’s pitch black darkness and shower them with spectral colors.

 

+