006. A Cup of (Very Hot) Tea

A Collection of Short Stories/ Drabbles: 100 Super Junior Fics Challenge

prompt #006: Burn | Heechul/ Yesung | G | 

Note:
Un-beta-ed. Beware of violent grammar mistakes; I’m writing this half asleep. XD

===============

The liquid burned his tongue and consecutively his throat, and Heechul made an awfully ugly face.

“YAH!” He reached out a hand over the counter to give Jongwoon a not-so-light smack on the head. Jongwoon a.k.a Yesung, his weird but affectionate fellow member, the owner of the well known art-like voice, bla bla bla… also the most inconsiderate person on Earth. Just why did he give Heechul a cup of still-boiling-until-a-few-moment-ago tea without a warning?! Okay so maybe it’s Heechul’s own fault or not realizing anything before he took a gulp, but still…

Jongwoon just chuckled and mumbled a “sorry hyung” twice.

Heechul let his tongue out like a dog and fanned it with his hand although the hand movement was not much of a help.

“And the tea is… tasteless! How could you stand so proudly behind the counter like that? You have just wounded one of your loyal customers!” He rambled on with half his tongue still peeking out of his lips, “And you own a cafe for goodness sake, even Kyuhyun can do much better than this!”

Hands grabbed at Jongwoon’s shoulders and pulled him backward. It was Jongjin.

“Sorry, Heechul hyung. My hyung here was just curious to know how it would feel like to stand here and do my job… although it was unfortunate that you got to taste his tea…” Jongjin explained while trying hard to refrain his laughter. Heechul scoffed at this statement.

“I prefer you than this idiot here when it comes to making me tea,” Heechul said. Jongwoon pouted and Jongjin grinned.

A few fangirl-slash-customers walked in and squealed at the sight of the two of Super Junior members. Jongjin quickly shoves his older brother off his designated place and ushered Heechul and Jongwoon to do some fan services for the young ladies. He would take their orders after they were done with the pictures and signing.

Heechul tried to ignore his scalded tongue and put on a handsome expression as he wound his arm around Jongwoon’s shoulder and pulled him closer. He also felt Jongwoon’s hand slid around his waist as they posed with the fangirls and Jongjin helped taking a picture for them.

The girls bowed their thank yous and left the two idols in peace as they giddily went to order some drink and snacks. Heechul took his cup of (still very hot) tea from its previous place on the counter with one hand, and grabbed Jongwoon to sit down with him in one of the corner table with the other hand.

“I’m still upset with you for burning my tongue,” Heechul started when they were already seated facing each other.

“Hyung it wasn’t on purpose~” Jongwoon insisted, unconsciously pouting as he tried to defend himself this time. “

“However!” Heechul said loudly, stopping Jongwoon from defending himself further. “However, I’m glad to be back. I really, really, missed you guys,” he ended his sentence earnestly and stared at Jongwoon with gentle eyes.

Jongwoon’s expression changed at once; all wide smile and crescent eyes. “Well, we’re glad to have you back, Hyung,” he said emotionally. A few seconds passed as they just stared at each other.

“You make me happy, let me treat you to our special sandwich! I’ll be the one to make them specially for you!” Jongwoon continued suddenly, he got up and scurried away excitedly before Heechul got the chance to hold him back.

“Aish that kid… He should have just let his mom make it for me…” Heechul mumbled, shaking his head. He could only stare at Jongwoon’s back disappearing into the kitchen, while desperately hoping that the sandwich Jongwoon made would at least have a taste.

 END

+

a/n:
what is thissss. LOL I’ve been keeping this as a draft since before Heechul ended his two months (?) military training (?) or whatever… but I’ve just recently got the mood to actually finish it. Hehehe. Oh. And I have no idea how Handel and Gretel is operated, so I just made it up :p