053. Puppies

A Collection of Short Stories/ Drabbles: 100 Super Junior Fics Challenge

Title : Puppies
Fandom : Super Junior
Pairing : Leeteuk/ Heechul
Rating : PG
Genre : light angst, fluff

Chapter : one-shot, 874 words

Summary : Leeteuk suddenly wanted puppies…

 

 

Notes:
After a looooooooong while, I finally start writing again. So yeah, this is my first fanfic after a few..years? My writing ability is rusty, there’s no doubt about it. Neither English nor Korean is my native language. This is dedicated for my beta readers Kaori (I chose this first because I know you love Teuk/Chul <33) and Icha (thank you for beta-ing this even though you were busy! <33).

Gentle comments and critics are very much welcomed :D

+++

Silence rang throughout the two oldest members’ shared room. For a moment, there was no other sound except for steady breathings of three creatures in the room — two humans and one cat. And then the dark-furred cat meowed, pawing at its owner’s woolen sweater, trying to make him understand that it he was hungry.

“NO.” Heechul said sternly, holding Heebum even tighter to his chest. The cat meowed again and Leeteuk frowned.

“But it will be merrier!” the older of the two reasoned, his tone was almost whining as he sat down onto his white-sheeted bed.

“It won’t be called ‘merrier’, it will be called ‘messier’!” Heechul put Heebum down on the floor and the cat immediately ran to the corner of the room where his bowl of food was placed.

Leeteuk hmmph-ed, but a second later a dimpled smirk showed up on his face. “Well, I’m Super Junior’s leader, so—”

“YAH! Don’t you even dare trying to use that ‘I’m-the-leader-so-you-have-to-listen-to-what-I-say’ trick with me!” Heechul grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it to his nine-days-older hyung. Some dark cat’s fur scattered around along with that pillow and some landed on his silky black hair.

The leader caught the thrown pillow and then grimaced, feeling defeated. He didn’t have the will to retort anymore, and winning an argument against Heechul was almost impossible in the first place anyway. He put the pillow aside, fiddled with his fingers, and then he whispered, “…but I’m lonely. I want to have someone waiting for me to come home, just like what Heebum does for you…”

Heechul hesitated at the sight of the sad leader, and then he sighed. There were a lot of things happening, and Leeteuk had been having it tough lately. He would feel down just because of stupid little things, like now. Heechul wanted his only hyung to cheer up again, and he’d do anything. Anything but that. Not puppies. Just… no. There were already Heebum and Baengshin. Why would Leeteuk want puppies? Was it because Eunhyuk and his Choco?

A small movement from Leeteuk snapped Heechul out of his musing. The older man gently flopped down onto his bed and closed his eyes. It seemed that he decided to just go to sleep, without even caring to change his clothes first. Suddenly Heechul felt a rush of panic. He didn’t want to let Leeteuk go to sleep feeling sad like this. What should he do? Heechul opened his mouth, wanting to say something, but he couldn’t find anything. Why couldn’t he let out some snarky-but-funny comments like he usually did to cheer Leeteuk up?

Leeteuk sighed, and Heechul noticed his lips quivering a little. Probably holding back the tears he’d been holding out since the days before. No no no no~

Heechul stood up from his own bed in one swift movement.

A second later, Leeteuk felt the bed dipped and then there was a warm presence snuggling beside him. A hand wormed its way around his thin waist. He opened his eyes and could only see black hair. Heechul hid his face in the crook of Leeteuk’s neck. He could feel his breath tingling the skin there.

“Chullie?” he whispered slowly.

“Yah, why are you like this?” Heechul’s muffled voice was heard. The arm around his waist tightened its embrace.

Leeteuk knew Heechul wasn’t talking about puppies anymore, but he couldn’t bring himself to answer truthfully. So instead he just said, “It’s okay, Chullie. Forget about the puppies..”

Heechul raised his head so he could stare at Leeteuk. He gave the white-loving man an almost lazy look, but his eyes were soft. “You know I’m no longer talking about that. I’m not even sure whether you really want puppies or just because you need… something… to distract you…?” Heechul said, his voice laden with doubt.

Leeteuk didn’t answer. He just stared back at Heechul with a rather empty look. Heechul groaned in frustration and whacked Leeteuk’s head with his other hand. However, before Leeteuk could even register the dull pain on his head, Heechul already buried his head on Leeteuk’s neck again.

“You don’t need puppies.” Heechul had said. Leeteuk noted that there was a hint of unusual embarrassment in his voice, and he wondered why.

And then Heechul continued, “Stop being like this. You don’t need puppies…. You… You have me. You have more than ten dongsaengs here who care about you. You don’t need puppies, pabo~”

He knew Heechul was not one to openly speak up his affection like this, and this gesture touched him, deep. Leeteuk felt a tear slide down the side of his face, and he smiled genuinely. He put his hand on top of Heechul’s, which was still around his waist, and squeezed it gently.

“Thank you, Chullie…” he whispered. He moved his head to the side to nuzzle on Heechul’s hair. He took in the nice scent of shampoo he knew Heechul always used and inhaled deeply.

And he sneezed hard right away.

“Aissh. Damn cat’s fur…” Leeteuk sniffed.

Heechul stiffened for a split second before bursting into laughter. His whole body shook, and the whole bed shaking with him too.

“Silly~” Heechul said between his laughter, and Leeteuk couldn’t help grinning widely.

+++

end

author end notes:

I don’t know what other pets are there in their dorm (I mean the upper floor)… and I also don’t know what Teukie’s preference is (cats or dogs?).

And now I should start thinking about the next prompt that I want to do.
Hohoho.