004. Truffle Fuddle

A Collection of Short Stories/ Drabbles: 100 Super Junior Fics Challenge

#004. Chocolate | Yesung/ Shindong (and a little Sungmin+Hyukjae+Kyuhyun) | G | drabble | un-beta-ed

Shindong is free today. He spent a wonderful morning sleeping in, and the whole lunch time watching variety shows on television while munching on his healthy diet meal. Now, though, he is kinda bored being home alone. He thinks of visiting his internet cafe to check how things are going over there, but the sky is full of raincloud and he is not in the mood to get rained on. Might as well do something productive, he thinks, and then proceeds to his room where all of his computer equipments are.

Yesung comes half an hour after Shindong decided to start editing his latest vacation video with Nari, which is a bad timing because Shindong doesn’t like to be bothered when he is immersed in video editing.

“I bring some snacks, Shindongie,” Yesung tries to placate him as he stands on the doorway of Shindong’s room.

“I’m still kinda on a diet,” Shindong replies without even turning his head to see Yesung. He instead smiles at his monitor as he enters the scene of Nari smiling brightly up at the camera.

Yesung’s lower lip juts out as he pouts. “But it’s been a while since we last spent time together not working because I’m always going back to my parents’ place lately… don’t you miss me?” he tries again.

“Later, hyung, can’t you see I’m busy,” it isn’t even a question.

Yesung huffs and tries his last weapon. “It’s too bad,” he takes out a pretty package from his bag and makes sure to let Shindong hear the ruffling sound of wrapping paper being unwrapped, “I was thinking to share this exquisite chocolate truffles with you. Oh well. Hmmmmmmm,” he exaggeratedly inhales the air around the intricately designed box.

He knows now that Shindong is watching him from the corner of his eyes.

“It smells so gooooood. Smells like coffee… oh, look! It’s written here: Kahlúa-filled truffles! Jackpot!” he makes to turn around and leave Shindong’s room, but then he hears the chair creaks and Yesung pumps his fist mentally.

“Where did you get that from?” Shindong is suddenly right beside him, sniffing around the box in Yesung’s hand like a hungry puppy.

“From a fan. It seemed that she came to Handel and Gretel and asked Jongjin to give it to me,” Yesung explains, already pulling Shindong by his elbow to seat themselves on the chairs in the dining room.

“I change my mind. My diet can wait for a little bit. You can share these truffles with me, Hyung!” Shindong says eagerly, his eyes twinkling in excitement.

“Of course,” Yesung grins triumphantly even as he unwraps the last layer of protection from the chocolate package.

.

Long story short, they both end up half-slumping on the dining table, eyes strangely unfocused and limbs uncoordinated. Shindong thinks there is some kind of purplish powder flying around Yesung’s head.

“I think I’m drunk,” he says, still staring at the now bluish powder. “I’m seeing things, hyung.”

Yesung laughs whole-heartedly, “I thought you were good with alcohol! Shindongie, these are just chocolate-filled alcohol!!” And then he laughs some more.

Shindong blinks, feeling like he has just heard something weird. “Umm, Hyung, isn’t it supposed to be ‘alcohol-filled chocolate?”

Yesung laughs harder. “What are you talking about, you’re totally drunk!” Then he pops in another truffle into his mouth. The bluish powder turns to ash color and then after Yesung coughed a couple of times, it disappears with a puff (Shindong still thinks it’s imaginary).

“Yumm,” Yesung humms appreciatively. “Oh, Shindong-ah! There are fairies flying about your head!” he points and chuckles, and then without warning he slumps onto the table, unconscious. Shindong gasps and attempts to reach out for his hyung, but even before his brain manages to tell his hand to move an inch, he collapses, too.

.

.

.

Sungmin opens the door to the eleventh floor unit and shuffles in tiredly into the dark room; Kyuhyun and Hyukjae following right behind him.

“I’m hungry… I hope there’s something to eat in the fridge,” Sungmin whines, kicking off his shoes.

“You’re on a diet, remember? You will be scolded later,” Hyukjae reminds him.

“Well, I won’t be if you can keep your mouth shut,” Sungmin pouts, his hand automatically turning on the light switches at the corner of the foyer. Light floods the living room at once.

“Oh look, the hyungs are here,” Kyuhyun skips past Sungmin and Hyukjae and approaches the two bodies slumped on the dining table. “Hyungs,” he calls, shaking Yesung and Shindong at the same time.

Yesung opens his eyes first. He stretches his body while looking up at Kyuhyun.

“You guys are home already,” he states, looking around at Sungmin and Hyukjae who have   already gathered around the dining table by then.

“Chocolate~” Sungmin sing-songs when he finds the truffle box on the table. He picks one up, inspects it for a while with bright eyes, and eats it whole. “Uhhmmmmm,” he moans when the chocolate melts inside his mouth. “Hyukkie, catch!” he calls, and throws one to Hyukjae over the table. Hyukjae catches it with his mouth and they give thumbs-up to each other gleefully.

“AAAAAARGH!” Yesung’s sudden shout surprises the three guys (Sungmin chokes on his chocolate) and wake the sleeping one up.

“What, hyung?!” Hyukjae protests, staring confusedly at Yesung, who is staring wide-eyed at Shindong, who is rubbing his eyes trying to get the sleep out of them.

Sungmin swallows the chocolate before he protests, too, “Yesung hyung!”

Shindong grunts, looking at Sungmin. “What?”

Sungmin looks at Shindong weirdly. “I wasn’t calling you, Dong-ah,”

“Aaaaaaaaahhh??!!!” Yesung shouts again, still not making any sense for the others in the room.

Shindong turns to stare at Yesung, and then he, too, screams. “WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

“What, hyungs?!” Kyuhyun grabs at Shindong’s shirt, demanding attention.

“You okay, guys?” Hyukjae asks, starting to feel concerned.

“YOU! ME! HOW? WE?! WHEN?” Shindong bellows. He stands up and points various fingers at Yesung.

“HOW SHOULD I KNOW?!” Yesung hollers back at him. The three younger men can only watch them confusedly.

“I DON’T KNOW SO YOU SHOULD KNOW!”

“WHAT THE HELL!? Is this some kind of a prank?!”

“Geez, what the heck are you guys talking about,” Kyuhyun huffs, and then deciding he doesn’t give a damn about whatever weird stuff Yesung and Shindong are bickering about, he walks over to Sungmin and picks a truffle, too. By then, Sungmin already eats his third truffle and is in the middle of feeding Hyukjae his second.

“NO!” Yesung suddenly grabs at Hyukjae who is the closest to him. “THE TRUFFLES!”

Shindong gasps, “The fairies!!”

“The purple powder around your head!” Yesung adds in panic. “They’re… the truffles are poisoned!”

“What. Are. You. Talking. About.” Sungmin drops his fifth truffle on to the table and it rolls silently to the edge. “I’ve eaten a bunch of them and you say they’re poisoned?!” he starts to shriek.

“But you guys are okay! Hyungs! What… Hyukjae hyung and I have eaten the truffles, too!” Kyuhyun puts his fingers around his throat, worrying it would start hurting soon.

Hyukjae says nothing but he runs to the refrigerator and takes out the water bottle. He gulps down water so fast there is only half a bottle left five seconds later.

“The poison, it makes us switch bodies! I’m not Yesung! I’m Shindong!” Yesung, no, Shindong explains, hands tugging on his own hair in frustration until a few strands are pulled out.

“OI! MY HAIR!” Shindong a.k.a the real Yesung grabs at the hands that are tugging at his precious hair. After his hair is safe, Yesung-in-Shindong’s-body stares at Shindong’s hands. “I… I touched myself… it… feels weird!”

“Hyungs, so what do you think we shoaslfl doakdslf…” Sungmin makes a funny noise and when the other looks at him, he drops to the floor. Kyuhyun catches him in time, but before he manages to right his position, he collapses, too. They both fall to the wooden floor, one on top of another.

Hyukjae isn’t even paying attention. He is looking up and tilting his head in amusement, he says airily, “Oooh~ purple fairies~”

And he faints, too, on top of Kyuhyun.

Yesung and Shindong stare at the heap of bodies on the kitchen floor, and then at each other.

“Now what?” Shindong-in-Yesung’s-body asks.

“I… I don’t know? Do you think the three of them would switch bodies, too?” Yesung-in-Shindong’s-body asks back.

“I guess so… Oh! OH! NOO! I have a date with Nari at seven!” Shindong glances at the clock and lets out a pained howl. It’s thirty minutes past six. “We won’t be able to find a way out of this in half an hour! Nooooooooooooooo~”

“Why the heck are you worrying about your date?! What should we do now?!” Yesung stomps his foot on the floor, and almost lose balance because he isn’t accustomed to the weight that is Shindong’s body.

Shindong-in-Yesung’s-body only continues to wail in despair.

.

.

END.

A/n:
it’s confusing and pointless, yeah? hahahaha!