A Sickening Proposal

Classic Love Story

9

A Sickening Proposal

CHAPTER NINE


“Tell me what happened.” Kai forced Hyoyeon out of her trance.

“I already told you I’m not going to talk about it.” Hyoyeon gripped on her knees for support, Kris’ and Seohyun’s scene still flashing in her head.

Kai forced her up and placed her body against his chest, “I’m tired of seeing you like this. Let me help you.”

“How?” Her puffy red eyes questioned.

“Spend one night with me. Tonight; 7PM at my apartment. I’ll make you forget he exists,” He whispered into her ear as he held her tight, making her immobile within his grasp.

Hyoyeon couldn’t breathe, firstly from such a strong hold, and secondly because Kai was being so open and forceful. He had never been so forward with her; always keeping a safe distance to maintain the relationship that he so tremendously cherished. But he was getting tired of it being nothing more than a friendship and in that instant became bold enough to ask her what he had wished to ask her for so long.

“Don’t answer me right now. But, if you show up I promise you won’t regret it.” Kai smirked as he let her go.

Hyoyeon stammered out of his office and bumped into Baekhyun without even looking up at him. She ran fast to her office looking gloomy and troubled.

Baekhyun slipped into a chair outside of Kai’s office and debated whether he should tell Kris what he had just heard.

Every second that passed rung hard in Baekhyuns ears. Would Kai really try something? Would Hyoyeon even show up? If she did show up, would something happen?

These were the questions circling Baekhyun as he sat in front of Kris, who was diligently typing up a report on his laptop, unaware of what might happen tonight behind his back.

At 6:45PM Hyoyeon sat in her office chair looking over her designs. A purple color pencil etched a couple circles around an already finished piece. She dropped the pencil noticing that she wasn’t paying attention to what she was doing.

 She tried to control her breathing; Kai’s offer stubbornly making rounds in her head. She wanted to pull her hair out; why did things have to get so complicated.

She was unsure of many things, but there was one thing she took comfort in knowing and that was that she would never and could never learn to love Kai. It wasn’t in her, simply because he didn’t raise the type of emotions that Kris only could. However, Kris had told her that she was free to date as she wanted, secretly of course, and if he was dating Seohyun, why couldn’t she date Kai?

Hyoyeon grabbed her keys, took the elevator down to the parking station, got into her car and drove off.

Baekhyun looked at his watch repeatedly. By 8:05 PM he decided that he couldn’t take the secrets and erupted with everything he had heard.

A psychotic look replaced Kris’s complacent face; his eyes growing red with rage. He didn’t even bother to pack his things before he too stormed off the office; with one thing in mind.