Frightening Changes

Classic Love Story

3

Frightening Changes

CHAPTER THREE


****KRIS’S POV BEGINS****

I woke up shivering; the consequences of having forgotten to close the window the night before.

I looked to the clock to see that it was 7:00 AM, too early to be awake, but the tiredness and the cold had forced me up. I rubbed the corners of my eyes ferociously as I tried to smooth out my vision.

Suddenly a smell of fried foods made its way into my room and I remembered.

Hyoyeon!

Just one day back and already she had found a way into my very waking thoughts. It was fascinating how much she had changed.

 I desperately needed to see her again, to make sure I hadn’t just dreamt up a beautiful and angelic being that shined under the moonlight.

Not wasting any more time I rushed down to the kitchen.

 I made a sudden halt at the dining room where I spotted the beautiful petite blonde sitting at the wide edge of the table. My heart almost leaped out of my chest as I confirmed that she hadn’t just been some hallucination of mine.

She was enjoying a plate of a ham and cheese omelet, topped with finely chopped tomatoes and onion, sprinkled with cheddar cheese.

Her breakfast looked tasty, fashionable and well put together; like an artistic piece, but Hyoyeon who was undisturbed by my presence was looking far more delectable than any food in this world could ever compare.

My eyes shifted to an empty seat with a plate, full with fruits and an equal sized omelet. “That’s for you.” She said before reaching for a jar full of orange juice.

I happily walked over and took the seat.

Sitting on the opposite side of the table, directly across from her, I noticed that she was very sophisticated in her mannerisms. Her slender fingers gripping on her fork, the small graces on her napkin, and the small sips on her drink made her achieve an elegant and arousing presentation.

I sat awkwardly with my hands in my pockets, not knowing how to begin my meal, but she continued to eat peacefully and untroubled.

 “You don’t look surprised to see me.” I finally managed to break the silence.

Her gaze remained on her plate without reply. I would have loved to believe that she didn’t hear me, but deep down I knew she was deciding to ignore me.

“How did you know I was here?” I persisted because I needed to know why she looked so unconcerned with my presence.

“I woke up in my room. I don’t sleep walk. And you’re the only other person besides me who has a key to this house.” She responded looking at her watch. She picked up her juice, gave it a drink, but still not one glance directed at me.

I, however, on the other side of the table, couldn’t find a way to pry my eyes off her.

One moment I was staring at tips of her healthy, long blonde hair and the next thing I know my eyes were drifting to the sides of her s; watching both mounds protrude from her white long-sleeve dress.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” She snapped me from my growing erted thoughts.

“It’s all real Kris,” she paused, “I didn’t get any job done, it’s all real.” She waved her hands around her upper body to emphasize that she had not had any plastic surgery.

“I wasn’t…” my voice trailed off as I realized that for the first time since my return she was finally looking back at me and it made my heart beat fast.

She was beautiful.

 I had to study her face closely; I knew she hadn’t gone through any surgeries. Her beauty went far beyond the physical; it was spiritual, internal. She emanated a pure aura, gentle and soothing, one that made you feel weak at the knees, well, that was until her eyes turned to me.

Watching ourselves sharing a table again, I remembered that during the times we had gone out, she had let me torment and mock the love that she had for me; with the sole intention of humiliating her. This way, maybe, she would hate me and realize that I was not the man for her.

But in a mousy voice she would always forgive me, something I could not stand because that was the type of woman I hated. She was shy, timid and a pushover.

But, Hyoyeon was not the same person I had left two years ago, and this part was highly frightening me. The weak and powerless person that she once was had been replaced by a fearless, self-assured and icy, human being.

Stunning felt short of what she was right now, giving me a look that was both piercing and magnetizing.

It made me shudder in my seat.

Yesterday’s moonlight had failed to capture her real beauty, neglecting the shine in her blonde locks as they cascaded down her s, the curve of her chin pointing down as it placed a great deal of attention to her prominent collarbones.

The width of the table was the only thing stopping me from reaching out to her, taking her to a room and doing ungodly things to her.

 

She pushed her plates aside and without looking at me, got up and pushed in the chair.

“Where are you going?” I said trying not to sound so concerned, but it was obvious all over my voice.

“To my room” She said blandly.

I watched her reach the first step of the staircase before I asked, “Yeah, but where after?”

“I work at Wu Textiles now.” Hyoyeon was almost at the top of the stairs; gracing the right wooden rail as she slowly climbed them.

My brain struggled to function as it took in her divine hips swaying side to side with every step she took. The shock was too great, age had been very gracious to me, but two years had transformed Hyoyeon into a goddess.

* * *

I had gone to the office today for the one and only purpose of running into Hyoyeon, but that did not happen.

 Greatly disappointed, I went back home and waited for her impatiently.

When I heard the door open downstairs, I quickly ran to the living room and found her coming in.

“I went to the office today,” I said trying to get Hyoyeon’s attention, but she ignored me taking a seat on the largest couch in the living room.

She lifted her legs and stretched them on the couch with her back against the armrest cushion. She yawned softly and looked out past the windows, into the garden.

I was trying to think of something that she might have found engaging, but there was nothing. I was starting to regret not getting to know her better when I had the chance.

Growing desperate for attention, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

“Hyoyeon,” I grabbed her hand; feeling an explosive electricity running through my body as my fingertips made contact with hers. “Don’t you think we need to talk about us?”

Hyoyeon finally turned to my face, but she slowly pulled away from my hand. Her eyes transforming from uninviting to annoyed as she stood up and straightened the hem of her skirt.

“I’m tired Kris. I’m going to sleep.”

My heart fell to the pit of my stomach and quickly grew disheartened with her words. I saw her practically run up the stairs, avoiding me like a plague.

 

Things continued like this for a week. Every time I tried getting closer to her, she would push me away. It was definitely my fault because I had left and I was being impatient, but her constant rejections were beginning to sting and I didn’t know why.

I was going to have to re-evaluate this relationship if things were going to continue this way. I hadn’t really questioned myself as to why I desperately needed Hyoyeon’s attention or why I was even doing the things I was doing when she was around. These sorts of feelings were so confusing for me.

From our wedding, in which everything from the smiles to the claps were faked and forced, almost everyone had come off with a benefit; everyone except me. Love or not, the lust was there. I wasn’t going to let Hyoyeon ignore me any longer. She had awakened a thirst in me that needed to be quenched.

And god dammit, I was going to have her

 

*****KRIS’S POV ENDS****