Hyoyeon

Classic Love Story

2

Hyoyeon

CHAPTER TWO


He walked in slowly, leaving his luggage at the end of the staircase. He roamed the living room, the kitchen, and the bedrooms and noticed that the house was clean and kept. There were a few changes, but none too drastic.

He wondered where everyone was at and why the house felt so empty.

“Hello!” He yelled throughout the house. “Is anybody home?”

He returned to the living room and sat on a couch where he rested his feet, stretched across its size. Fifteen minutes later, deciding he had had enough uncertainty, he took a walk to the garden.

As he approached the side of a couch, almost hidden behind bushes of roses, he was surprised to find an angelic blonde figure stretched across the cushions. The small light of the night’s crescent moon marked the glowing of her toned legs as she emphasized them with a red dress that adhered to her body quite beautifully.

A small, almost unnoticeable smile crept up on Kris’s face at the recognition of her identity. It was Hyoyeon.

 As much as he would have loved to continue to admire her undeniable beauty, he was exhausted and jetlagged, so he decided to pick her up and carry her to what he remembered to be her room.

He placed her in his arms, bridal style, as his gaze remained on her features. She yawned lightly, but didn’t wake up and continued to snore delicately; her breath tickling Kris’s neck.

Carrying her, Kris began to feel some sort of satisfaction, peace overtaking his body as he took her up the stairs, a feeling he had never had with any other women, not even Seohyun.

As if by instinct, Hyoyeon snuggled closer to his chest, letting out a quiet and pleasant moan; making Kris feel a strong mixture of thrill and euphoria.

Walking through the corridors, his eyes still fixed on the radiating blonde; he couldn’t help but feel at ease.  This was a feeling that was strange to him because he had always felt the need to be prepared and alert for an expected reproach that might never come.

He didn’t want to inherit his father's company, he wanted none of it, he wanted to move to the United States and fulfill his dream of becoming a medical doctor.

But, there had always been someone there to laugh and put down his dreams, his father above all people, forcing him to accept the position of future owner of Wu Textile.

That’s why he had created a barrier, an invisible wall to keep people out. This wall usually came in the form of a dark and wintry front.

 But today, as he held Hyoyeon in his arms, appreciating her gentle and angelic semblance; he had found himself lowering his overprotective walls and losing a bit of his usual cold and hard appearance.

Upon entering the room, he decided that he would leave her in her current attire.

Effortlessly, Kris undid the bed while still carrying hyoyeon, placed her within the sheets and tucked her in. He walked to the door, turned off the lights and made himself comfortable in a spare room.

Kris didn’t know exactly what the next morning would hold, but there was something he did know. There was an insatiable amount of curiosity growing inside of him; an enthusiasm for his wife he had not had before. Hyoyeon would find out that she had greatly ignited his interest.