Misunderstanding

Classic Love Story

7

Misunderstanding

CHAPTER SEVEN


Kris wrapped one of his hands on her hair and pushed her head to his so that their lips would meet. This kiss got deeper and more passionate as they got dangerously close to the bed.

She pulled down the hair band from her head so that Kris could have better access down her blonde locks.

Kris walked backwards into the mattress and let himself tumble down with Hyoyeon still on top of him. Having had lips locked for a long time forced them to separate, but not completely as they were still connected, Hyoyeon’s cheek resting on his cheek, breathing heavily against his ear.

Hyoyeon lifted her upper body and held herself by maintaining her weight on Kris’s chest; her legs spread, one at each of Kris’s side. Kris furiously threw his head back and shut his eyes tight as the pleasure he felt when Hyoyeon reached to pull the towel from underneath, overtook him.

“Kris, open your eyes,” Hyoyeon whispered, a bit too desperate for his taste.

“Open your eyes, I said. “ But this time the voice yelling had changed a few octaves; a higher pitch, soft but a bit uncomfortable because it was not the voice Kris wanted to hear.

His eyes flew open to see Seohyun waving a hand on his face. He squinted a bit and then rubbed his eyes furiously, confirming that Seohyun was the one trying to wake him up and she was wearing one of his pajama shorts and dangling a shiny, golden chain; his mother’s necklace.

“What are you doing here?” Kris practically barked; floundering through the sheets, disappointed that his heated scene with Hyoyeon had been nothing but a dream.

“I snuck back in through your window last night. Your bed is really comfortable. You also talk in your sleep.” Seohyun jumped on top of the bed.

“Get your clothes back on, get your stuff and get out before Hyoyeon finds out you stayed the night. I don’t want her to think something happened between you and me. And I’m locking my window from now on, so don’t try this again.” Kris scolded her, grabbing her by the elbow and leading her to his bathroom.

“We both know Hyoyeon is not going to walk through that door” Seohyun smirked all knowingly.

“No, I guess not.”

“Well then let me just take my time. I won’t take long anyways.”

“Fine, but give me my mother’s necklace.” Kris said sternly. It was one of the only remaining items he had of his mother, who had died when he was born. Having it lost or damaged would pain him deeply and he wasn’t going to have Seohyun parading around with it.

“You have to catch me first,” Seohyun stubbornly insisted and had Kris chasing her all over the room. She tripped and Kris fell right on top of her, leading them into quite an awkward and inquiring position.

Kris groaned from exhaustion and stayed in his current position to remove the necklace. Just then as luck would have it, Hyoyeon barged in and froze.

She took a deep breath and formed a quivering frown with her lips.

 “Don’t you know how to knock?” Seohyun shouted sardonic and rude. “Can’t you see we’re busy?”

Kris looked from Hyoyeon to Seohyun, perturbed and unamused by her unnecessary theatrics.

He got up quickly and walked over to Hyoyeon, who stood still, shocked and unblinking.

“Hyoyeon let me explain.” Kris was centimeters from her and begged her to look at him with his eyes.

“Hyoyeon,” Kris called elongating his hand to reach Hyoyeon’s shoulder, to bring her back to reality, but she moved just in time to dodge his hand.

“I asked you one thing.” She growled through clenched teeth.  “I said, don’t disrespect the house.”

“It’s not what it looks like. Let me explain.” Kris reached for her shoulders yet again, but this time Hyoyeon was not going to act idly like she had been doing the past couple of days; to hell with it. She didn’t suppress the slap that went across his hand as he reached for her arm.

The slap was hard and loud, but the emotions behind it echoed long after she had inflicted her pain.

“I said not in the house,” She repeated herself.

Kris averted his eyes and then flashed them at Seohyun, fiery with anger.

“Your father is waiting for you downstairs. That’s what I came to say.” Hyoyeon explained, calm once again.

Hyoyeon walked out and didn’t say anymore. Kris put the necklace in his pocket, walked to Seohyun, dragged her up by pulling on her wrist and threw her from his bedroom door, not caring whether she had gathered her belongings.

 

* * *

Hyoyeon went unnoticed by Kris’s father and went through the front door. She ran as fast as she could to a nearby park and stopped by an old thin tree, leaning against it for support; gasping for air.

She punched the tree before she slid down its bark. She pulled her thighs in to her chest and sobbed subtly before it turned into full blown wails.

She found herself crying relentlessly, tears streaming down like waterfalls, growing angry that she was unable to control the shaking in her shoulders.

She had never felt so stupid in her life. The thought of a family with Kris was finally beginning to reform. But seeing Kris and Seohyun on the floor, like they had never broken up in the first place sent her into a state of outright fury.

“Kris, I hate you.” She whispered pained and out of spite.