Chappie 02

My 5 Year Old Son's Birthday Wish

The party had already started. Balloons flying everywhere, kids are running in circles and Minhyun is eating cupcakes with Baekhyun.

 

"Dear, nice party." Appa slung an arm around my shoulders.

 

"I know." I bragged and we both chuckled.

 

"Minhyun's growing fast. I wonder when will the both of you add another member of the family."
 

"Appa~" I whined. He only let out a chuckle as he runs to Minhyun and Baekhyun eating cupcakes.

 

I let out a sigh and went back inside the kitchen to check on the newly baked cupcakes.

 

My staffs had already finished on designing three trays of cupcakes so I asked them to get them out and put them on the cupcake display before my son and Baekhyun eat the remaining that I'm afraid the other guests won't be able to taste.

 

After that, I came out of the kitchen and went back to the garden because the 4th game is about to start which is a game for all the adults. The game's name is Pepsi pong. There are 2 pairs that would stand at each end of the long table. At each side, there are 5 cups filled with Pepsi and the opposite team must try to put marshmallow on each cup on their opponent's cup. The cup that would have a marshmallow will be drunk. The first team who drank all the cups is the loser.

 

The players for the 4th game are Baekhyun and Chanyeol and on the other side, Kai and D.O.

 

"Omma, do you think appa will win?" Minhyun appears next to me. Appa was carrying him while he sat on his arm.

 

"I think so." I replied and took a picture of them since I was holding my DSLR.

 

~~TIME SKIP~~

 

"Hyeri-ah, my stomach is aching." Baekhyun hugs me by the back while we walk to Jeseon and Hyunkyo's table. The 4th game already ended and BaekYeol lost. He drank three cups and also accidentally swallowed three marshmallows.

 

"Baekhyun let go! There are two many people." I muffled.

 

"Hyeri~" He whined.

 

"Ask Lay to treat your tummy ache." I said. He let go of the hug and pouted at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and jogged towards my best friends.

 

I talked to Jeseon and Hyunkyo as we ate dinner in one table. Baekhyun was still complaining with his tummy ache.

 

"Baby, slow down." I said to Minhyun as I wipe excess spaghetti sauce on his face with a tissue.

 

Minhyun only nods. He sticks a piece of hotdog and gave it to Baekhyun. "Appa, you should eat. Omma would be mad at you."

 

"Hyunnie, appa has a tummy ache so I can't eat." Baekhyun pouted.

 

"I have a pill for tummy ache." Xiumin said as he digs in his pocket and gave the pill to my husband.

 

"Thanks Xiumin." Baekhyun replied before drinking the pill and drank a glass of water.

Xiumin returns in feeding their 3-year-old daughter.

 

After the dinner, it was now time for Minhyun to blow the cake.

 

My staffs came out from the kitchen carrying a 5 feet three-layered cake that I designed especially for my son. My staffs put it on top of the round table. Baekhyun and me went up on the stage together with Minhyun.

 

"Before our celebrant blow his candles. Let's sing him a happy birthday." Then the people started clapping while singing 'happy birthday'. There was a big smile plastered on my son's face and it made me happy that my son is happy.

After singing 'happy birthday', Baekhyun carries Minhyun letting him sit on his arm.

 

"Make a wish first Minhyun." Jera, my niece and also the emcee of the party said.

 

Minhyun closed his eyes for some seconds and then when he opened his eyes, he immediately blew the candles. Everyone clapped once again.

 

"Minhyun, what did you wish for?" Jera asked him.

 

"I want omma and appa to have a new baby." He cheekily replied and with that, I mentally face-palmed myself. Why does everyone want me pregnant again? First it was Jeseon and Hyunkyo, second it was my appa and now my own son.

 

The guests chuckled at my son's response.

 

"Why do you want to have one?" Jera asked again.

 

"Because I want to be called oppa or hyung." He replied.

 

After the blowing the candles, Minhyun and me sliced the cake while the guests who wanted to taste must go up on the stage with their plates.

 

While eating the cake, it was time for the finale, which was the fireworks display.

 

We all stared at the colorful night sky as the fireworks display started. Baekhyun was back-hugging me again while we swayed together as if there was a music played. Minhyun was with appa and omma.

 

 



 

The party ended an hour before the clock strikes 12mn.

 

"Minhyun, stop jumping on the bed or you might fall." I scolded my son who's still energized from the party as if he didn't get tired from playing around with the other kids.

 

"Omma, that was the best party ever!" He blissfully said as he stops jumping on the bed and runs to me and hugs my knees.

 

I crouched over and carried him, letting him sit on my arm. "It's good that you had fun but it's now time for your bath and after that, you have to go to sleep."

 

He pouted but nodded. I put him down and we both went to the bathroom inside our room so I could give him a bath.

 

He undresses himself once we went inside and he quickly climbs inside the bathtub.

I sat on the rim of the tub as I start to rub soap on his skin while he plays with his rubber ducky.

 

"Omma." He calls me. I let out a hum in response saying I heard him.

 

"Omma, I want to have a dongsaeng."

 

My son is so persistent. -_-

 

"You want to have a dongsaeng? Just wait for Auntie Hyunkyo's new baby." I replied as I rinsed him with water.

 

"I mean a dongsaeng from there." He innocently points at my tummy.

 

I let out a chuckle and gave him a pat on the head. "Minhyun, there's no baby here." I pat my stomach. "Only fats."

 

Minhyun then laughed inwardly. "Omma has fats? I don't think so."

 

I only laughed at his remark. "For a 5 year old boy, you know too much stuffs."

 

I gestured him to come out of the tub so I can dry him with a towel.

 

"Omma, Do you think I would be a good big brother?" He suddenly asks.

 

"I think you will. Why do you want a donsaeng anyways? Aren't you happy to be an only child?"

 

"Sure I'm happy to be the apple of the eye of omma and appa but I really want to have a dongsaeng. I want to take care of someone. I'll protect my dongsaeng. I'll be the best big brother in the whole wide world and my dongsaeng will be so proud at me."

 

I let out a chuckle at his remark. A flashback of the scene at the hospital plays in my mind. It was when Baekhyun told me that the baby didn't make it.

 

"Omma, are you crying?" Minhyun worriedly asks as he wipes a stray tear that was falling from my eyes. I was too preoccupied with my own thoughts that I forgot that I was still with Minhyun inside the bathroom.

 

I sniffed and nod my head 'no'. "There was dirt in my eyes."

 

My son only nods as he gets his new set of fresh clothes I put on a chair in the bathroom. I help him put on his pajamas and t-shirt before we went out of the bathroom only to see Baekhyun sitting on the bed while he played games on his tablet and take note, he was topless.

 

I quickly looked away to hide my flushed pink cheeks. It's been a long time since I haven't seen him like that.

 

"Appa!" Minhyun climbs on Baekhyun's lap.

 

"Why aren't you asleep?" Baekhyun asks our son whilst ruffling his hair.

 

"I'm still not sleepy. Can I sleep with you two tonight?" Minhyun asks as he battled his eyelashes on his father. He looks to me and does the same.

 

"What do you say yeobo? Can he?" Baekhyun looks at me waiting for my reply. All I did was nod.

 

He plastered a wide grin on his face as he gestures Minhyun to climb on the bed while my husband stands up. "I'll just go and take a bath." He gets the towel I was holding and gives me a peck on the cheek before going inside the bathroom.

~~

An update at last! Sorry if it's late. Anyways, do comment or upvote. I would really appreciate it :)