Chappie 08

My 5 Year Old Son's Birthday Wish

"Yehet! Ohorat!" I kept on dancing like crazy inside our room. I'm so happy today.

 

"Sehun is that you?" Baekhyun chuckled as he slowly opened his eyes. He immediately smiled as he saw me. "What's up with you today?"

 

"Louis is here in Seoul for a vacation and he said he's at the office right now!"
 

"Louis, your childhood friend?"

 

I nodded. "I'm coming to the office with you today."

 

~~~~~~~

 

"Yeobo, be careful." Baekhyun reminded me. I was walking so fast as if I wasn't even pregnant.

 

"Sorry." I smiled apologetically.

 

The elevator doors opened and we both went inside. I kept a smile on my face. I'm really excited to see Louis after 5 years. He had been busy managing their family business in America that he didn't have time to come back here in Seoul to visit her beautiful pregnant friend.

 

"Baekhyun, the elevator floor is wet." I informed him as I realized.

 

He looked at me then he looked down then his eyes went wide. "Yeobo, your water bag just broke."

 

My eyes went wide in realization. Baekhyun began to panic as he kept on pressing the P button, which stands for Parking Lot.

 

I just remained calmed though I started to feel cramps.

 

Baekhyun's POV

 

"Yeobo, hold on." I held Hyeri's hand and kissed it. Beads of sweat covered her forehead as she tried to concentrate on her breathing. The nurses and the doctor where running fast as they push Hyeri's gurney that I find it hard to keep up with them.

 

"I will." She managed to smile though I can sense she was already in pain.

 

"I'm sorry sir, you're not allowed to go in." I watched as Hyeri was pushed in inside the delivery room while one of the nurse held me back.

 

"But---" I was about to object but then she said it was the hospital policy.

 

I didn't continue to argue and just let out a sigh and nodded saying I understood then I sat on one of the benches outside.

 

I clasped my hands together as I a prayed in solemn. I prayed for the life of Hyeri and for the life of my baby. I prayed both of them would be in good hands and no one would be harmed. I know it is not a joke to deliver a baby. There are cases that the mother dies and the baby lives or sometimes the other way around. There are also cases where both dies and I don't want any one of it to happen.

 

I ended my prayer when I heard Minhyun calling me. It seems like he arrived with his grandparents.

 

As I opened my eyes, Minhyun was holding both appa and omma's hand while appa held his robot toy. I stood up and bowed at Hyeri's parents.

 

They both bowed back with a smile. "So, how's Hyeri?" omo-nim asked.

 

"She's been there for about two hours now omo-nim." I replied.

 

"Appa, where is the baby?" He asked. I smiled at him as I patted on my lap telling him to sit there, which he happily did. Hyeri's parents also sat next to me.

 

"Minhyun, we are still going to wait for the baby and omma okay?" I asked as I brushed his bangs to the side.

 

"Okay appa. I will wait but can we eat ice cream first?" He said as he pouted his lips cutely. I let out a low chuckle before I gave in to his request.

 

I let him get down to the floor first before I get up from sitting. I gave a nod of acknowledgements to Hyeri's parents before Minhyun and I left them to go and eat ice cream.

 

Luckily, there was an ice cream store nearby the hospital we were at. Minhyun and I both ordered vanilla ice cream. After ordering, we decided to just eat the ice cream while walking back to the hospital. Minhyun held my hand throughout the small walk, a very wide smile was etched on his face. Indeed, he was excited to see his little sister.

 

"Appa, I promise you I would be the best oppa ever to my dongsaeng." He beamed at me.

 

I nodded at him as I messed up his hair. "You should protect her with all your might. You'll be her knight in shining armor."

 

"Yes appa!" He did a salute at me. "I will also help her with her homework so that omma wouldn't have to worry to much. I will also walk her to school and then I would always wait for her outside her classroom so we can go home together."

 

I smiled at him once again.

 

Hyeri's POV
 

I opened my eyes to see Baekhyun standing next to my bed holding baby Hyehyun in his arms.

 

"Good morning yeobo~" He bent down to give me a kiss on the forehead.

 

I smiled at him. "Good morning too Baekhyun."

 

I searched for trace of appa, omma or even Minhyun in the room but they weren't inside. Where could have they gone? They were here before I fell asleep.

 

"Your parents took Minhyun out to eat breakfast." Baekhyun replied as if he read my mind or was it just too obvious on my face that I was looking for them? "Do you want to eat breakfast?"

 

I haven't even answered myself when my stomach replied with a growl. I looked at Baekhyun sheepishly and he just chuckled as he gave me baby Hyehyun. There was a stream of happiness that flowed inside me once my baby was in my arms once again. As I looked into her little orbs, I promised to myself that I would be the best mom to her just like to Minhyun.

 

Truth to be told, it's hard being a mother but I have no complains about it. When you're a mother, it's not always about you anymore; it's about this angel that God gave you. This angel that you brought into this beautiful world.

 

"Wait for me." He gave the both of us a kiss on the forehead.

 

I gave him a nod as I glued my gaze at his back leaving the room.

 

When he left, I started to stare at my baby again; admiring how tall her nose is (got it from me). She had her eyes just like her appa and her eyebrows just like my omma's. My baby's cheeks and lips were as red as the rose Baekhyun gave me on our first date. She's just perfect, my little princess.

 

~~~~

 

After about 20 minutes, thankfully, Baekhyun arrived with my breakfast. He bought me pancakes and a breakfast meal, omelet with rice.

 

"Thank you." I said to him as I gave him baby Hyehyun so I could eat. Remind that after I get out of this hospital, I shall start working out. It's a good thing that I didn't gain as much weight as I did when I got pregnant with Minhyun.

 

I happily ate the food baekhyun gave me, every now and then feeding Baekhyun as well.

 

"Omma!" Minhyun barged in the room as he ran towards me on the bed and leaped next to my side that the bed wobbled.

 

"Minhyun, don't be too noisy. Your sister is sleeping." Omma said who followed him inside together with appa. Baekhyun and I both chuckled.

 

"How are you my baby boy?" I chuckled as I ruffled his hair.

 

"Omma~" He whined. "I'm a big boy now so don't call me baby anymore?"

 

I chuckled again at his response. "If that's what you want."

"Omma, can you feed me?" He pouted cutely at me and pointed at the pancake, half-finished.

 

"I thought you're a big boy now? Big boys don't need their mothers to feed them." I replied at him.

 

"No~" He whined. "I'm still omma's baby." He took the spoon and gave it to me then he pointed at his mouth and then at the pancake telling me to feed him. I nuzzled him with kisses first before I fed him with pancakes.

 

After Minhyun finished my pancakes, he asked if we could get a family picture so that he could make it as his wallpaper for his tablet.

 

Appa presents himself to take the picture so he took Minhyun's tablet out of his bag. Baekhyun who was sitting on the couch with baby Hyehyun in his arms moves to sit next to me.

 

"1, 2, 3…" Appa was about to take the shot when we all screamed, "Wait!" and then we signaled omma to join us but he refused.

 

"Say cheese!" Appa said, smiling.

 

"Cheese!"

~~~

Sorry for the super duper late update :(

Enjoy~