Chappie 03

My 5 Year Old Son's Birthday Wish

The next day, Minhyun had to go to school while Baekhyun went off to his work, at our company. Originally, my father wanted me to help him run the company along with my brother but I refused and since I was a daddy's girl, he let me off with whatever I wanted to do.

 

I wasn't going to let myself, a Culinary Arts Major be stuck in a chair inside a high-class office. I was meant to be in front of the oven waiting for a cupcake to be done.

 

When Baekhyun and me got married, Baekhyun took over our business since his contract with SM Entertainment already expired anyways. While me on the other hand manages the pastry shop my father put up for me as his wedding gift for me.

 

"Yeobo, I'll go ahead." Baekhyun gives me a peck on the cheek as he passed by the dining room to bid goodbye.

 

"Aren't you going to eat breakfast with me?" I pouted at him.

 

He gives me a warm smile and ruffles my hair. "Sorry yeobo, I still have to prepare for the meeting. Promise, I'll be home for dinner."

 

"Okay." I responded as I gave him a peck on the lips.

 

He smiles back and walks out of the dining room, leaving me eating pancakes by myself.

 

After about 10 minutes, it was also time for me to leave and go to the shop.

 

"Hyesun, don't forget to pick up Minhyun at school later." I said to Minhyun's personal maid before opening the front door. She nods in response.

 



 

The moment I arrived at my shop, there were still many people eating their breakfast.

"Good morning." I bowed at them politely as I passed by them going to the back door of the shop where the kitchen was.

 

As I entered the kitchen, everyone stopped on what they were doing and greeted me with a bow. I smiled back in return.

 

I took an apron from the clothes rack and wore it. Here in my shop, I just don't sit around all day in my office and let my employees do the work, I also work with them.

 

Since I also bake here, I have a special workplace here in the kitchen. Also, I always have three employees of mine to help me with the baking. I made a schedule for all of them on whose going to work with me at a particular day so all of them will have a chance to work with me.

 

The twins, Youngmin and Kwangmin and also Minwoo came to me with beaming faces.

 

"What are we going to bake for today noona?" Youngmin asked. I don't let my staffs call me 'boss' or 'ma'am' but instead I let them call me unni or noona.

 

I tapped my chin and looked to the ceiling as if the answer was there. "Mint Chocolate Chip cupcakes would be nice."

 

They both nod and I gestured them to go to my personal work place.

 



 

"I'm tired." I mumbled as I left my shoes on the doorstep before going inside the house. It's been an exhausting day at the shop but yet it was fun.

 

The maid quickly went to me and got my handbag for me.

 

"Thank you Hyesun. Where's Minhyun?" I asked the maid.

 

"He's inside his room doing his assignments Ma'am Hyeri." She replied, I nodded my head and went straight to his room.

 

I quietly opened the door so as not to disturb him. Minhyun looked concentrated in answering his assignments.

 

"Omma, I know you're there." He suddenly blurted. I widely opened the door since he knew I was there anyways. I strode to his bed and sat on the side.

 

"Need any help dear?" I ask.

 

"I'm almost done so no need." He replied, his eyes not leaving his work.

 

I watched him do his work trying to see of there were any mistakes. He never lets me check his work for mistakes but instead; he lets his father do it.

 

My eyes landed on a piece of paper that was next to him. I sneakily pick it up.

It was a worksheet in his Homeroom class about family.

 

The worksheet:

 

Worksheet # 7 in Homeroom Class

Topic: Family

 

Name: Byun Minhyun

 

Instructions: Draw your family and explain each member.

 

http://images.clipartof.com/Clipart-Black-And-White-Stick-Drawing-Of-A-Happy-Family-With-Their-Dog-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration-10241106478.jpg

 

A/N: The link above is the sample of Minhyun's drawing. Credit goes to the owner.

 

Explanation:

 

Appa is the head of the family. He works hard so he can give whatever omma and I need.

 

Omma serves as the light of the house. Even when it's dark, she always shines. She takes care of me very well.

 

Minhyun is the handsome son and everyone loves him.

 

The baby is my soon to be dongsaeng and she would bring happiness to the family.

 

Unni Hyesun is our maid but to me, she is also my noona and we treat her as a part of the family.

 

Sparkle is our pet dog. I used to take care of him and we used to play together before he died.

 

I let out a chuckle when I read his explanations. I never knew he really classified Hyesun and Sparkle as part of our family especially with the fact that Sparkle just died a month ago because he was ran over by a car. Minhyun must've missed him so much.

 

He really wants to have a dongsaeng. I just don't want things in the past to happen again. History repeats itself. I don't want to take a risk. I don't know if I can take it if I'll loose a child of mine for the second time around.

 

Maybe I'm being negative minded. I feel so selfish right now.

 

"Omma, why are you reading that?" He stands up on the bed and puts his hands firmly on his waist acting all superior.

 

I let out a sheepish laugh. My son never wanted his things to be touched without permission.

 

"Minhyun, would you please sit down." I said to him as I gestured him to sit on my lap.

 

"Omma, you should've not read my work." He whined.

 

I let out a low chuckle once again. "You really want to have a donsaeng?"

 

He nods his head.

 

"But if you will have one, I won't have most of my time to you because I'll have to take care of the new baby."

 

"That's okay omma. I'm old enough and there's Hyesun unni. I'll even help you take care of the baby."

 

"If we will have a baby, you'll have to share your things and babies tend to get things without permission."

 

"It's fine with me. Sharing is caring omma."

 

"Really then? Are you really sure that you want to have a donsaeng?"

 

"Yes omma! Omma, you already have the baby do you?"

 

"Huh?" I asked clueless.

 

"Omma~" He whined. "I know you. When you ask things about a certain thing I want, it means that you already have it. Where's the baby omma?"

He definitely doesn't know how things go. I ruffled his hair and then chuckled.

 

"A baby isn't a toy that when you ask for it, I could just buy it for you." I pinched his cheeks.

 

"But you'll give me one right? I want one omma."

 

"Hmm… Your appa and I will talk about it first. Are you really sure about this?"

 

He held both of his thumbs up. "100% sure!"

 

"You won't regret anything okay? If there would be a baby and you suddenly didn't want to have it anymore, you can't donate it just like the toys you've gotten tired of. When the baby comes, it would be forever with us."

 

He nods his head like a puppy. "I get it omma. Talk to it with appa okay?"

 

"I will."

 

Its easy to make a baby but its sure is hard to give birth to one. And most especially, it's hard to loose one.