Chappie 09

My 5 Year Old Son's Birthday Wish

Baekhyun's POV

 

"We are now in the Philippines!" Minhyun shouted at the top of his lungs the moment we stepped out of the airport. I let out a giggle. Minhyun has been excited about this vacation ever since he found out about it. He even made a list of places he would want to visit during our stay here in the Philippines. It was a good thing we would be staying here for three weeks so we have plenty of time to go to the places he wrote on the list though I wish we could still have time to go to the places Hyeri and I want to go.

 

I looked at Hyeri who was standing beside me, smiling to baby Hyehyun who by the way is already a year old. I smiled to myself as I stared at my wife and daughter. Hyeri had really matured a lot.

 

"Why are you staring at me?" Hyeri asked. I blinked a few times and just smiled at her.

"Nothing at all." I shrugged nonchalantly.

 

"Hyehyun, Appa is mesmerized by our beauty." She chuckled as she pinched our daughter's nose making her chuckle as well.

 

"I'm more prettier." I commented before I took our luggage cart and started walking to the taxi queue not wanting to hear my wife's remark.

 

~~ ~

 

After finishing our lunch at Mr. Kimbob, we immediately went to Manila Ocean Park, Minhyun's request.

 

We immediately bought tickets for the penguin show, which Minhyun wanted to watch.

 

It was too bad that I couldn't watch the show sitting next to Hyeri. I wanted to watch the show next to her so I could cuddle with her, wrap my arms around her shoulders and play a little with my baby daughter. She said both of us should let our children sit in the middle of us so our sitting arrangement was Hyeri holding baby Hyehyun, Minhyun and then me.

 

I just watched the show silently, laughing every now and then when the trainers made a joke. When I really got bored, I told Hyeri I would go to the restroom.

 

When I got out of the place where the penguin show was held, I talked with one of the staffs with something.

 

Hyeri's POV

 

Tomorrow's my birthday. Ugh. I'm so old. At least Baekhyun's older than me.

 

I wonder what would we do tomorrow for my birthday.

 

I was planning on going to Tagaytay and stay there for a night but I think Minhyun wouldn't have fun there.

 

I was still thinking of what to do for my birthday when Baekhyun said he would just go to the restroom. I just nodded and shooed him off.

 

So, back on planning for my birthday. Where should we go for my special day? Cebu? But if we go to Cebu, we still need to buy plane ticket. Ugh. I just let them pick the place. As long as we go as a whole family, I'll be happy.

 

The show ended. Finally! Well, I wasn't really enjoying it. Only the kids were. I'm too old for this kind of stuff.

 

"Omma, let's go." Minhyun said, already standing, waiting for me to stand up as well.

 

"Let's wait for your appa. He still isn't back from the restroom." I said as I pulled him to sit down again.

 

Minhyun grunted as he pulled out his iPad from baby Hyehyun's stroller. Sometimes a kid's mood swing is worst than pregnant mothers.

 

"Omma, what are we going to do today for your birthday?" Minhyun asked me. This morning, he greeted me happy birthday even if it is still tomorrow. Maybe he's just too excited.

 

"Tomorrow's my birthday." I smiled at him. "Are you that excited?"

 

He looked at me weirdly before he continued playing with his iPad.

 

We waited Baekhyun for about 10 minutes and when he still didn't arrive, I decided to look for him. I put baby Hyehyun in her stroller before I stood up so Minhyun stood up as well and when we were about to leave the place, a song started to play, Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.

 

I looked in front and there was Baekhyun on the iced-stage, holding a mic. He sent me a heavenly smile as he started to sing to the song.

 

"When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change…" I watched him in awe. Minhyun sat again so I followed suit. Minhyun was looking happy again as he took a video of his appa on his iPad.  We both watched Baekhyun happily. I was even in the verge of crying because of so much bliss. I'm really blessed to have Baekhyun as my husband. Not all married couple is as sweet as we are. Some married couple drift apart as the years went by but in our case, we got stronger as the years pass by.

 

"I love you Hyeri!" He shouted as he gave me one last smile before leaving the stage.

 

Minhyun and me waited for Baekhyun to go to us.

 

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" Baekhyun sang as he walked towards us as he held a cake in his hands.

 

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Tomorrow's my birthday.

 

When Baekhyun reached us, I was frowning at him and it made him frown as well.

 

"What's wrong?" He asked.

 

"Baek, tomorrow's my birthday." Geez. He forgot my birthday. A while ago, I was so happy with him serenading me and now I'm so angry with him for forgetting my birthday.

 

"Today's your birthday." He pressed. "I could never forget when's your birthday."

 

"So, you know my birthday more than me? It's tomorrow Baek." I pressed further.

 

He put down the cake he was holding on the empty chair and fished out his phone.

 

"Look, today's April 28." He showed me his phone.

 

"Omma! Today's your birthday. I told you." He said as he showed me his iPad and it says that it's April 28 as well."

 

I looked at them, confused, and then I took out my phone and showed them that it's April 27 on my phone. Baekhyun took my phone and I watched him fidget with it.

 

He started to laugh.

 

"I think your dad is crazy." I whispered to Minhyun.

 

"I'm not crazy." Baekhyun said, still laughing. "Your phone's year was set on 2017."

 

"Really?" I asked as I took my phone from him and indeed, it was.

 

"Yehey! Happy birthday omma!" Minhyun suddenly hugged me by the knees. "It's my fault omma. I played with your phone last night when I couldn't go to sleep and I think I accidentally changed the time and date."

 

Both of us started to laugh.

 

"Minhyun, you screwed up my surprise." Baekhyun carried him and pinched his nose.

 

"Are you mad at me appa?"

 

"Nope." Baekhyun smiled at me. "Whatever I do, all my surprises for your mother are always screwed up."

 

I smiled at them. "My candle's melting. Let me blow it."

 

Baekhyun put Minhyun down as he took the cake and held it in front of me.

 

"Happy birthday my Hyeri." He gave me peck on my cheek.

 

"Thank you." I closed my eyes as I said my wish out loud.

 

"I wish that Baekhyun's next surprises wouldn't get screwed up and I wish for constant happiness." and then I blew my cake.

 

Minhyun clapped happily and they sang happy birthday again.

 

~~~

 

"Happy birthday once again." Baekhyun gave me a kiss on the forehead before hugging me tightly.

 

We are now inside our hotel room. It's already 10 in the evening but we're still watching a movie. Baekhyun and I are both sitting at the edge of the bed while Minhyun is sitting on the floor playing with Hyehyun.

 

All of us were wearing the same yellow pajama I bought before.

 

"Yeobo, your phone's ringing." Baekhyun pointed at my phone on top of the nightstand.

 

"It isn't even vibrating." I reasoned out.

 

"Just go get it." He said so I did what he told me to.

 

When I got my phone, right on time, it vibrated and Baekhyun was calling.

 

I looked at him who was smiling as he held his phone to his ear and then he mouthed, "answer it."

 

I hesitantly picked up his call. "Hey, we look like weirdos."

 

"No one is watching us." He said, chuckling at the end. "I want you to spell 'my future'."

 

"M-Y space F-" Before I was done spelling out something so easy, he said I was wrong.

 

"Then tell me what is the right spelling." I mocked, still talking on the phone even if we were just an inch apart from each other.

 

"H-Y-E-R-I" He smiled cheekily before ending the call and pinning me on the bed, showering me kisses on my face.

 

I kept on chuckling, as I felt ticklish of his kisses. "Baekhyun, the kids are here." I slowly sat up and so he did.

 

He gave me an outrageous smile. "Let's continue it in Seoul." He wiggled his eyebrows and before I could even let out a remark, he called the kids so we could have a family picture together.

 

I smiled as Baekhyun let Minhyun and baby Hyehyun sat on his lap getting ready for the picture.

 

Indeed, I'm the world's luckiest girl not because I married an idol, it's because I married a man who loves and cares for me so much. I married a man who loves and cares for our children so much and I don't need anything in my life but only him and my kids.

 

I'm happy. I'm contented.