Chappie 05

My 5 Year Old Son's Birthday Wish

I sat at the couch in the living room while I watched my favorite drama series on television. I left the shop earlier so I could take a rest. This past few weeks, I feel exhausted so fast.

 

I was holding a glass filled with Cookies n' Cream flavored ice cream.

 

"Omma!" Minhyun jumped on the couch, claiming the empty spot next to me.

 

"How was school?" I asked him.

 

"My teacher gave me a star because she said I was a good student." He replied blissfully.

 

I gave him a smile and slightly pinched his cheeks. "That's good to hear. Want some ice cream?" He nodded in response so I scooped a spoon of ice cream and fed him.

 

"Delicious~" He cooed. "Omma, you've been coming home early this week." He stated.

 

"Why, you don't like it?" I asked before feeding myself with ice cream too.

 

He nodded his head 'no' innocently. "And omma is also eating a lot of sweets. I thought you're on a diet." He scratched his head.

 

I chuckled at his words and pinched his cheeks again. "You really do know a lot of stuff for your age."

 

He gets the glass I was holding and ate ice cream himself. "Because I'm smart, just like you." and then he threw his arms around me and showered me with kisses.

 



 

"Really?" Hyunkyo squealed.

 

"So that means, we're going to expect a new baby rather than Hyunkyo's." Jeseon added.

 

I was sitting in front of my office table on my swivel chair. I'm talking to the both of them now via Skype. I told them that Baekhyun and me did 'it' again after a long time. I also told them that these past few weeks I've been craving lots of sweets and I tend to get tired easily and the two presumed that I'm pregnant.

 

I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly. "Maybe I'm nearing my monthly visit."

 

"You're pregnant Hyeri." Hyunkyo contradicted.

 

"So you should buy a pregnancy test kit. NOW." Jeseon suggested, chuckling at the end.

 

"You two are way too excited than I am." I stated as a matter of fact and both just giggled at my remark.

 

"Just call us when you confirmed it okay?" They both chorused.

 

"Yeah. I will."

 

They both waved at the screen before ending the call.

 

I slumped on the chair I was sitting and just continued to munch the bag of Nestle Butterfinger I took with me here in our room.

 

"I'm home." Baekhyun comes in the room without any knocking. Like yesterday, he wasn't able to join us for dinner. He puts his suitcase on top of the bed, looses his tie before walking to me.

 

I gave him a glare. "Don't you know how to knock? Anyways, you're late again. Minhyun's asleep already."

 

He gives me a sweet peck on the cheek and gives me an apologetic smile. "You've been into sweets lately aren't you." He wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"I know. Maybe I'm near my monthly visit." I shrugged my shoulders. Well, unlike other women; when I'm near my monthly visit, I don't experience menstrual cramps but instead I crave for foods and also I tend to get exhausted easily.

 

"Or maybe you're just pregnant." He cheekily stated.

 

And then it hit me; I'm late for my monthly period. I'm pregnant? Nah. It can't be. You can't be pregnant in just one time of doing 'it' right? Especially it's been a long time the last time we did 'it'.

 

A hand waved right in front of my face snapping me out of my own train thoughts.

 

I hit him in the arm lightly causing him to let out a small yelp but he still manages to smile at me. "See, you're even having your mood swings already."

 

"I'm always bipolar you know." I defended.

 

He only chuckled and gave me a back-hug. "Let's go to sleep my dear."

 

I only hummed and gave him a sweet peck on the lips.

 

"I wonder if this would be a girl or a boy." He bent down in front of me and placed his ear on my tummy. "Hello baby, I'm your appa. Be good in there okay." He kissed my tummy before pulling me up from my sit, carrying me bridal style to our bed. He laid me gently and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

 

"You go to sleep now. Staying up late will be bad for you and for the baby if there is really one inside of your tummy." He chuckled. "I'll be next to you in a flash after I just take a quick bath."

 

I nodded my head and pulled the covers up to my neck. "Good night~" I watched him sprint to the bathroom before I closed my eyes and drifted to dreamland.

 



 

The next morning, I woke up not because of the alarm clock but to my son's sweet voice.

 

"Omma~ wake up~" He sang as he shakes me gently.

 

I sat up in bed, yawned and stretched. I ruffled his hair. "Minhyun ----" before I was able to finish my sentence, I felt my stomach churning up that I had to run inside the bathroom as fast as I can leaving Minhyun on the bed, confused.

 

I started to vomit and I felt like all the food I ate last night wanted to come out.

 

"Omma! Omma! Are you okay?" Minhyun banged on the door. There was worry traced in his voice.

 

"I'm fine." I said in a muffled voice before I start to vomit again.

"Omma, I'll just go and call appa okay?" He asked and then I heard the door to our room creaked.

 

After a couple of minutes, I was done vomiting. I looked at the mirror and there was a note posted on it.

 

The note:

 

Yeobo~ I already bought a pregnancy test kit while you were sleepng. Just in case. Keke~ It's inside the medicine cabinet. Saranghae <3

 

Love,

Baekhyun, you're handsome husband

 

I quickly took it and opened it. I read the procedures first before I used it.

 

After a few minutes, it's confirmed; I'm definitely pregnant. My cravings and me getting exhausted fast wasn't a PMS but a sign that I was pregnant.

 

When I got out of the bathroom, I saw Baekhyun sitting on the bed and there was a playful smirk plastered on his face.

 

He quickly charges up to me and took the pregnancy test from my hands.

 

"You're pregnant! Yehey!" He cheered kissing the kit.

 

"You do realize that I peed on that thing right?" I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him with a disgusted face.

 

"I don't care!" He hugs me tightly as he spins me around lifting me a bit in the midst air.

 

"Baekhyun! Put me down, I'm getting dizzy already." I said finally making me stop.

 

He looks at me lovingly and caressed my cheeks. "Thank you baby. Saranghae~" He sweetly said before kissing me fully in the lips.

 

We ate breakfast all prepared by Baekhyun and then took a bath before we went to the hospital to have a check-up. We tagged Minhyun along with us since Hyesun on her day-off and if we leave Minhyun home, there would be no one to take care of him.

 

"The doctor said to not stress yourself too much." Baekhyun reminded me again. We were all inside the cab. Minhyun was in the middle of us.

 

"Yes boss." I muttered. The check-up went well and it was confirmed that I'm pregnant for three weeks already.

 

"Appa, where would we go next?" Minhyun asked.

 

"To your Uncle Kyungsoo's restaurant." Baekhyun replied with his eyes not leaving his phone. He has been preoccupied with his phone after the check-up and it makes me angry because his attention is with his stupid phone instead of us.

 

"Let's just go home." I contradicted. We won't enjoy lunch when his attention is not with us.

 

"Why?" The two asked in unison.

 

"Simple, I just want to rest." I muttered.

 

"But I already told Kyungsoo we would be eating lunch at his restaurant." Baekhyun for the first time had his gaze leave his phone.

 

"I want to rest." I sternly said.

 

"Omma, I want to see Uncle Kyungsoo." Minhyun whined.

 

I let out a sigh. "You two have lunch there but me, I'm going home. I want to rest."

 

"You can rest after we eat lunch." Baekhyun said.

 

"I want to rest now." I sternly said sending Baekhyun a look.

 

"Omma~" Minhyun whined while I just let out a sigh.

 

Baekhyun pinched Minhyun's cheeks. "Let's just let what omma wants. Pregnant women tend to have mood swings."

 

After the conversation, we all fell silent and so is Minhyun who in the beginning was even singing along with the songs being played on the radio. Baekhyun was still preoccupied with his phone and it made angrier. Why can't he just leave his phone? Who was he texting with? Is it another girl? He's cheating on me?

 

When we arrived home, the lights were all turned off when according to my memory, I left the lampshade in the living room on.

 

"Yeobo, be careful." Baekhyun held my hand but I quickly pulled my hand back.

He looked at me confused. "Are you mad at me or is this one of the mood swings pregnant women get?"

 

I just shrugged my shoulders and dug inside my bag for a flashlight. Minhyun held the flashlight as he pulled me to the living room.

 

"Congratulations~" When the lights went on, everyone was there. My friends, my parents, Baekhyun's parents, my cousins, my brother and EXO were present.

 

"Congratulations Hyeri~" Omma and Appa engulfed me in a big hug.

 

"Congratulations for what?" I asked confused. Did my pastry shop get a feature in a food magazine?

 

"Oh come on." My brother slung an arm around my shoulder. "Don't act like there's nothing. We know you're pregnant again."

 

"How did you all guys know?" I scratched my head in confusion. I don't remember telling them.

 

"Baekhyun sent us a text. He even organized this party." Appa explained.

"Originally the party would be at Kyungsoo's restaurant." Luhan stated.

 

"And then we received a text that it would be at your backyard." Lay continued.

 

"So we all had to bring all the food Kyungsoo cooked." Tao ended the story. I looked at Baekhyun with guilty eyes. I went to him and hugged him.

 

"Guys, let's go to the backyard; the food's there." Hyunkyo announced so all of us started walking to the backyard.

 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun." I looked at him and pouted.

 

"For what?" He pinched my nose as he sent me a smile.

 

"For my attitude a while ago. I just got angry because you were so preoccupied with your phone. I didn't knew you were busy with your phone because you were planning a surprise party."

 

He kissed my temple. "I'm used to your mood swings even when you're not pregnant."

 

I chuckled and hit him by the arm lightly.

 

"I'm sorry because in my mind, I accused you of cheating at me."

 

His face fell once he heard what I said; of course it means that I didn't trust him.

 

"Sorry." I apologized.

 

He pulled me in a hug and put his chin on the top of my head. "I love you Hyeri. I would never cheat on you. You're too perfect already so why would I look for another woman? I'm happy with you, I'm happy you gave me a handsome son and soon we'll be having a new baby. I love you Hyeri, never forget that."

 

I pulled out of the hug first and stared at him. "I love you very much Baekhyun. Don't ever get tired of understanding me and my mood swings."

 

He let out a heartily laugh as he held my chin. "I would never get tired until the day we die." And then he pressed his lips against mine.

 

"Yah! You guys, stop flirting in front of the kids." I heard Suho scold us making Baekhyun pull out of the kiss.

 

He smiled at me and held my hand as he tugged me to where the table of food and where everyone was.

~~~~

Annyeong~ Sorry for the late update. As usual, my reason is I'm busy. It's so hard to be a senior. I need to process college applications.

Anyways, do subscribe, comment and upvote. Lovelots <3