Chappie 07

My 5 Year Old Son's Birthday Wish

"Yeobo, wake up~" I refused to open my eyes as I heard Baekhyun's heavenly voice. Since I got pregnant, I've been lazy in getting up so we switched places. Before, I'm the one who wakes him up for work but now; he's the one who wakes me up.

 

"Yeobo, wake up~" he repeated still with the usual tone. I kept on biting the insides of my cheeks just to prevent me from smiling or else he'll know that I'm already awake. Why I still didn't want to 'wake up'? I'm just waiting for his perfect lips to capture mine. I would like to be Cinderella for today. Besides, it's a special day today.

 

"Yeobo, wake up~" Wait, it's the third one already? I'm supposed to be receiving my kiss.

 

I opened my eyes and got greeted by the sun's smiling face and then I searched for my phone under my pillow and realized that Baekhyun had just recorded his voice and made it as my phone alarm. Nice. -_-

 

I pouted and typed a text message to Baekhyun.

 

To: Baekhyun my love

 

I hate you. I'm going to find a new husband :P

 

There's not even a minute passed when I received his reply.

 

To: Hyeri, my wife

 

What did I do to you? :) Don't leave me. I can't live without you. I need you in my life. It's our wedding anniversary :(

 

I giggled at his reply. Since when did he become poetic?

 

To: Baekhyun my love

 

Since when did you become poetic? I'm just joking. I love you very much :* Happy wedding anniversary!!

He replied after a minute passed on my last text message sent.

 

To: Hyeri, my wife

 

Phew! I thought my nightmare was going to come true. I love you more :* I'll arrive home earlier than usual. Also, check your nightstand. I have a surprise. Happy wedding anniversary!

 

I smile crept on my face as I read his message. I'm really lucky to have him in my life. Time goes by so fast, it has been 8 years since I've been married and in those 2,920 days (not even counting the days when he and I were just boyfriend and girlfriend), I have never regretted ending up with him. I just typed 'Keep safe :)' as a reply and then I put down my phone and looked to my left where the nightstand is and found a tray of food on top. I took it and placed it on my lap.

 

I took the tray cover and placed it aside. I took the note pasted on the mug filled with milk.

 

The note:

 

Good morning baby! You're so beautiful and I love you. I don't care if you're getting a little fat by now. Keke~ Anyways, I'm sorry for not attending to your request last night of preparing you fried oreos. I was just so tired from work that I didn't have energy to even get out of bed. To make it up, I made you fried oreos for breakfast but don't eat too many okay? Saranghae <3

 

I folded the note and reached for the first drawer of my nightstand and pulled out my diary then I paper clipped the note to one of its pages then I put it aside.

 

I took my phone again and typed Baekhyun a message.

 

To: Baekhyun, my love

 

Thank you! I love you!

 

I didn't bother to wait for his reply and tossed away my phone so I could start eating the food he prepared. Fried oreos and warm milk, such a nice breakfast.

 

~~~~~~~

"Omma!" Minhyun barged in inside the living room and jumped up and down on the couch making me dizzy.

 

"Sit down Minhyun." I pulled him gently to sit down.

 

"Sorry omma." He sheepishly smiled. "I was just so excited for today."

 

"What about today?" I asked, clueless. Did I make a promise to him? I don't remember anything. Well, I am always forgetful.

 

He stood up in front of me and crossed his arms in front of his chest, acting all superior. I just chuckled on how cute he looked. I stretched my hand to ruffle his hair but he only swatted it. What's with this boy?

 

"Yah Minhyun!" I raised my voice a little bit.

 

"You forgot omma! We were supposed to go to the mall and have our haircut and buy clothes for baby Minhyun." He replied, bit his lip until it bled then he started to cry.

 

I watched him cried as I felt my heart being ripped into pieces. For a mother, the least thing she doesn't want to do is to hurt her child but now, I had done it. Being busy with my pregnancy, I forgot that I still have a husband and son to take care of. I am a bad mother. I am a bad wife.

 

I pulled Minhyun into a hug even if he kept pushing me; I just tightened my arms around him.

 

"I'm such a bad mother. Sorry baby. Would you ever forgive me?" I whispered in his ear. He stopped crying and I felt his arms wrapped around me.

 

"Are we still going to the mall?" He wiped his tears away. I nodded. "Okay then. I forgive you omma."

 

I breathe out a sigh of relief and showered my son kisses then I called for Hyesun, Minhyun's personal maid to change his clothes.

 

~~~~~~~

 

On our way to the mall, we just rode a cab. I asked Hyesun to come with us, just in case.

"Annyeong~" I chimed as I entered the salon and Woojin, a good friend of mine; the owner of the salon approaches us.

 

"Long time no see Hyeri." Woojin greeted. "So, what did you come here for today?"

 

"I'm just going to have a haircut and so is Minhyun and Hyesun, just give her a foot spa." I replied.

 

"Thank you Ms. Hyeri." Hyesun bowed and I just smiled at her.

 

Woojin gestured me to sit down on a swivel chair and so I did and Minhyun sat on the swivel chair next to me while another worker who would give her a foot spa accompanies Hyesun.

 

The worker who will cut Minhyun's hair asks me what she would do with Minhyun's hair. I just replied it to cut 2x2 and then make his bangs short since its already touching his eyes.

 

"So, what am I going to do with your hair?" Woojin asked as she combed my hair.

 

"I would like to have So Yi Hyun's hair in the drama 3 Days." I fished out my phone and showed a picture to her.

 

"You sure?" She asked and I nodded.

 

~~~~~~~

 

As soon as Woojin was done with my haircut, I fished out my phone out of my satchel and took a picture of myself with my new hair and then posted it in my instagram account with the caption: 'Short hair and I love it <3'.

 

"I never knew short hair would look good on you." Woojin giggled. The last time I had my hair cut in short was when I was in 4th year high school.

 

"Well, you have to be proud. This is your work." I complimented. I stood up from my seat and walked over to Minhyun who was already done with his haircut. He was just playing Subway Surf on his tablet.

 

"Omma! You're done." He said, shocked. "Your hair is now short, but I like it." He put down his tablet on his lap and gave me a two thumbs up

 

I gave him a smile and ruffled his hair then I unlocked my phone then opened the camera application then we took a picture. I posted the picture in instagram again with the caption: "Mother and son bonding @ Woojin's salon :)".

 

"How much all in all?" I asked Woojin who was cleaning up.

 

"It's free." Woojin replied. "Just think of it as my very advance Christmas gift."

 

"You sure?"

 

"I'm sure."

 

I walked to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you!"

 

"Your welcome." She gave me a pat on the head like I'm a kid.

 

I grabbed Minhyun's hand and asked him to say goodbye and thank you before we leave the salon.

 

"Goodbye Auntie Woojin! Thank you for the nice haircut." He said, waving cutely.

 

Woojin chuckled and waved back. "Your handsome just like your appa."
 

After our trip to the salon, we decided to eat KFC because Minhyun wanted to eat Fun Shots while I was craving for sweets again so I ordered Krushers, Cookies N Cream flavor. Hyesun didn't want anything to eat even if I said it's my treat. She said she was on a diet. I just asked her to go home to prepare a special dinner and then we'll just follow once Minhyun and I were done shopping clothes for baby Hyehyun, his new shoes and an anniversary gift for Baekhyun.

 

"Omma, let's go!" Minhyun giddily said as she pulled me out of KFC since we were done eating.

 

Our first stop in the department store is the boy's section. Minhyun wanted to buy new shoes.

 

I gestured him to look on his own while I sat on a couch since I'm already tired. In this mall, almost all corners in their department store have couch for their customers to sit at when they're tired.

 

It took us about half an hour before Minhyun was able to choose a pair of shoes.

 

"You sure with this one already?" I asked Minhyun referring to the shoes he chose. He just nodded and hugged me by the knees, saying thank you. I paid for the shoes in the cashier and after that, we went to the baby's section to buy Baby Hyehyun's clothes.

 

While I was rummaging through the racks, Minhyun was just sitting on the couch playing with his tablet again.

 

"Do you have size like this for a 5 year old boy?" I asked the saleslady while showing her a plain yellow pajama from the rack. I thought of letting my kids wear the same pajamas. I remember my brother and I used to wear the same exact shoes just different colors.

 

"Yes ma'am, we do have." She replied.

 

"I would like to see it. Do you have any other colors with this pajama?" I asked.

 

"We have color red, sky blue and black."

 

"Could you also get me a sky blue one, infant size and children's size?"

 

"I'll just ask again ma'am, one yellow pajama children's size and then one sky blue pajama for infant size and children size. Am I right?"

 

I just nodded and then the saleslady left, going to the stock room to get what I asked her to get. I then walked to the couch and sat next to Minhyun.

 

"Omma, let's take a picture." He closed the game he was playing and then opened the camera application. We took pictures together while waiting for the saleslady to come back.

 

"I'm going to make this as my wallpaper." He cheekily said, showing me the picture where I hugged him and he was just smiling.

 

"Excuse me ma'am, these were the clothes you asked me to get." The saleslady arrived. I get it from her.

 

I gave Minhyun the yellow and sky blue pajama, children's size and asked the saleslady to accompany my son to the dressing room.

 

When Minhyun leaves, I give Baekhyun a call to ask if he's already home but he didn't picked it up. I called Jera, my niece who is also Baekhyun's secretary and she picked up.

 

"Auntie! What made you call?" She asked once she picked up.

 

"Is Baekhyun still there at the office?" I asked.

 

"Uncle left an hour ago. Why Auntie?"

 

My heart began to race. I started to feel queasy. Where is Baekhyun?

 

"Nothing at all. Bye!"

 

"Bye Auntie!"

 

After the call, I put my phone back inside my satchel and Minhyun comes back.

 

"Does it fit?" I asked as I combed his messed up hair with my fingers.

 

"It's okay." He replied as he gave me back the pajamas.

 

"We'll take it." I gave to the saleslady and she accompanied us to the cashier to pay.

 

After paying for the pajamas, we stopped by the adult section and my eyes quickly spotted a rack filled with couple pajamas and luckily they also have plain yellow ones.

 

"Omma, you're so addicted to the color yellow." Minhyun stated as he cutely chuckled at the end.

 

I chuckled as well. "I wish we could wear the same pajamas someday."

 

I ended up buying the couple pajamas as an anniversary gift for Baekhyun. I hope he likes it.

 

After shopping, we stopped by first at one franchise of my pastry shop inside the mall to buy a cake.

 

"Noona, how are you?" Jimin, one of my workers greeted me. It's been a week since I haven't been coming to work. I admit, I have been lazy lately.

 

"I'm fine." I smiled. He instantly pulled a chair for me to sit down. Minhyun sits on the chair opposite to me.

 

"Noona, what would I get for you?" Jimin asked.

 

"A box of chocolate cake and an egg pie for Minhyun please."

 

"Coming right up!" and then he disappears into the kitchen.

 

As I waited for the cake, I kept on sending Baekhyun text messages.

 

To: Baekhyun my love

 

Are you home yet? Minhyun and I are still in the mall.

 

To: Baekhyun my love

 

Are you busy? :)

 

To: Baekhyun my love

 

Baekhyun!!!!!

 

To: Baekhyun my love

 

Why aren't you replying to my text messages or answering to my calls?

 

To: Baekhyun my love

 

Just send me a blank message if you don't have anything to say to me.

 

"Noona, here's your Chocolate cake and this is Minhyun's egg pie." He placed the box of cake in front of me and gave the egg pie on a plate to Minhyun then he gave my son a pat on the head.

 

"Thanks Jimin. When we get home, you can close the shop." I smiled in reply.

 

"Okay ma'am, I'll just wait for Taehyung who bought ingredients from the grocery." He replied and then bowed then went back inside the kitchen.

 

As I waited for Minhyun to finish his egg pie, I just read the book I brought with me. As I was reading, my phone rang. I quickly put down my book and took out my phone out of my satchel.

 

"Its just Dongjoon." I frowned. Its my brother who called, not that I wanted him to call, I was just really expecting it was Baekhyun.

 

"Noona!" He shouted from the other side.

 

"What?" I asked back, irritated.

 

"I'm going to pick you up in the mall in 5 minutes." He stated.

 

"Okay."
 

"Bye."

 

"Bye." And then I hung up.

 

After the phone call, Minhyun announced that he was done eating and he wanted to go to the restroom. He said it is emergency no.2 and so Minhyun and I immediately left the store. Luckily, we ran into Taehyung on our way to the parking lot where Dongjoon was waiting and he offered to carry the shopping bags I was holding.

 

"Thank you Taehyung." I ruffled his hair before I went inside the car.

 

"No problem noona!" He said and then he waited for me to get in before he closed the car's door.

 

While on the ride, Minhyun fell asleep on my lap. I looked at my watch and it was already 7:30 pm.

 

I looked outside the window and realized that Dongjoon missed his turn to our house.

 

"Hey bro, you missed your turn." I said.

 

"I wasn't planning to take you home."

 

"Then where?"

 

"I'm going to let you see the truth."

 

I laughed out loud. Is he practicing to be an actor? "What are you talking about?"

 

"I saw hyung … with someone else in the park."

 

"Very funny."

 

Then we both fell silent. Baekhyun cheating on me is impossible but Dongjoon never lies. Should I believe or not? Ugh. I'm so confused.

 

Dongjoon stopped the car in front of the park. I carefully moved Minhyun's head and got a pillow in replacement then I asked Dongjoon to watch my son for me as I look for Baekhyun in the park.

 

I fished out my phone out of my satchel and dialed Baekhyun's number and he didn't pick it up, AGAIN. I'm really starting to believe that my husband is cheating on me. My feet began to tremble as hot tears started falling out of my eyes. I can't believe I'm going to meet my husband's mistress on the day of our anniversary. Why does this have to happen to me? Was I really a bad wife for Baekhyun to look for someone else?

 

By the distance as I was walking; I saw a familiar silhouette, Baekhyun but he was alone. I wiped my tears away

 

"Yah Baekhyun!" I shouted. I saw him flinch and then turned around and ran to me.

 

"Oh yeobo, you're here." He said. He was about to give me a kiss but moved away.

 

"Is there something wrong?" He had his brows furrowed, clearly confused.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked through gritted teeth. "Why weren't you answering my calls and replying to my messages?"

 

"My phone's dead." He replied.

 

"Who were with you with?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Dongjoon said you were with someone else. Who is she?" I asked. Trying hard to calm myself down.

 

"She?" He asked, looking all confused.

 

"Baekhyun, where would I put this?" we both looked to the left to see Chanyeol carrying 2 boxes of pizza. My husband is a gay? Someone please tell me that I'm just dreaming.

 

"Chanyeol?" I asked, confused as well.

 

"I was with Chanyeol all the time." Baekhyun heartily laughed as he slung an arm around my shoulders.

 

"I don't get it. You're a gay? Tell me the truth Baek, I won't be mad. I'll try my best to understand." Then I saw Dongjoon by the distance with Minhyun, giving him a piggyback ride. They were both walking towards us.

 

"Me, a gay?!" Baekhyun exclaimed. His mouth hung agape as he pointed himself

 

"What exactly did you tell to your noona?" Baekhyun asked Dongjoon, still laughing his heart out.

 

Dongjoon told everything and Baekhyun just stared at him for a minute before he knuckled my brother.

 

"No wonder why." He face-palmed myself. "You screwed up. Next time, I won't seek for your help. You're going to be the reason why your sister and I are going to get separated. Geez."

"What about? So, you're not gay?" I was only the clueless one. Chanyeol seems to know what was happening because he just kept on smiling like a dork.

 

"I’m not gay!" He defended. "Let's just eat dinner. I'm hungry." He carried Minhyun to the picnic blanket in the middle of the park. Chanyeol, Dongjoon and me followed.

 

We all ate the box of pizza together happily. While eating, Baekhyun explained everything. He said that for our anniversary, he wanted to have a picnic under the moonlight and since he wanted it a surprise, he sought for Dongjoon's help. On the side of Dongjoon, he didn't know what to say to what is the reason to why we were going to the park. He can't say that Baekhyun is there since it wouldn't be a surprise anymore so he thought of making Baekhyun 'bad' when I asked him why we were going to the park.

 

"Oh, it's 8:00 pm, I need to go." Chanyeol said, standing up. He gave Baekhyun and Dongjoon a fist bump while he ruffled Minhyun's hair and mine before leaving.

 

"Noona, Hyung, I'll take Minhyun home. It's already late." Dongjoon said, standing up as he pulled Mnhyun to stand up as well.

 

"Aren't we going home too?" I looked at Baekhyun and asked.

 

"Let's stay here for a while and watch the stars." He said sweetly as he gave me a peck on the lips.

 

"Okay." I replied. I gave Minhyun a kiss and Baekhyun did too before he leaves with my brother.

 

When everyone left, Baekhyun lay on the picnic blanket; his other arm was under his head, serving as his pillow while his other arm was stretched.

 

"Don't you want to lay down next to me?" He wriggled his eyebrows.

 

I gave him a cheeky smile and lay down next to him, his stretched arm serving as my pillow. "I would love to lay down next to you."

 

We just watched the stars above.

 

"This is one weird anniversary isn't it?"

 

"Weird but memorable."