Chappie 01

My 5 Year Old Son's Birthday Wish

I sat on the bed with legs crossed while I listened to EXO's song: Peter Pan. There were several brochures that lay in front of me since I'm currently planning a birthday party for my one and only son, Minhyun and apparently the one who's supposed to be helping me is just laying around next to me while he played Candy Crush on his tablet.

 

I slapped him on the arm making him let out a wince and send me a glare.

 

"Yah! What was that for?" He sat up and puts down his tablet on top of his lap.

 

"Byun Baekhyun, you aren't helping me at all and to think you were the one who wanted to throw Minhyun a birthday party." You heard it right; my husband is no other than the handsome main vocalist of EXO K, Byun Baekhyun. We've been married for about 7 years now.

 

He let out a sigh. "Fine. What can I help?"

 

I tapped my chin with my index finger thinking of what should I let him do. "You could just create a list for the persons invited on the party."

 

"Okay." He nods his head and then climbs out of bed and gets the yellow notebook and pen that was sitting on top of the office desk by the corner and then he climbs on the bed again.

 

I continued on choosing the theme for the party. I had four choices a while ago now I only have to choose between the two, Superheroes or Prince and Princesses?

 

"Superheroes or Prince and Princesses?"

 

"Prince and Princesses." Baekhyun replied without taking his eyes off the notebook. He seems to be taking it seriously. I wonder how many names he's jotting down.

 

I nod my head and wrote down 'Prince and Princesses theme' on my notepad.

 

After that, I started working on making the sample layout of the tarpaulin to be used on the party using Photoshop.

 

We both worked in silence. I got finished on my work after half an hour and Baekhyun seems to be still busy in making the list so I decided to search for pictures on google for sample pictures of Minhyun's costume and I'll just let my son pick tomorrow.

 

I heard him let out a sigh and then I felt warm pair of arms wrapping my tiny waist and I felt Baekhyun's chin on top of my shoulder.

 

"Yeobo, I'm done already." He said and then he snuggles his head on my neck making me feel ticklish causing me to let out a chuckle. "I'm sleepy Hyeri-ah."

 

"Then you should sleep now. I'll stay up for a little bit."

 

"No~" He whined and pouted. He still acts like a little kid sometimes but I do like this side of him. "Do you know it's bad to stay up late? You should always get enough rest and sleep."

 

"Fine." I sighed in defeat.

 

He releases his arms that were entangling my waist and then he crawls out of the bed and starts to get the brochures I was looking through a while ago. He neatly piles them and then carries them and puts them on top of the office desk by the corner. After he was done, he climbs on the bed again and laid himself. I lay next to him and rested my head on his chest. He starts to caress my hair.

 

"Goodnight ma bacon~ saranghae~" I cheekily said as I pecked him on the lips.

 

He smiled at me and returns me a peck on the lips as well. "Goodnight yeobo~ I love you too."

 

I let out a chuckle. "Sing me a lullaby."

 

"Okay. What song?"
 

"Baby by EXO."

 

He nods his head and places a kiss on the crown of my head. "To the best mother and wife in the whole wide world." And then he starts to sing the song I requested while I closed my eyes and listened to his magical voice and to the sweet sound of his heartbeat.

 



 

After preparing for almost two months, the most awaited day has come, my son's birthday party.

 

I sat in front of the mirror, applying light make-up on my face. The party is going to start in an hour and of course, I have to look good in front of everyone.

 

The door bursts open and came in a good-looking prince.

 

"Omma, I look handsome right?" Minhyun asked me as he made a pose. He was already wearing his Prince costume.

 

I nod at him and gave him a smile. "Yes you are." I prepped him up. He seems so excited for the party.

 

"Handsome just like me." Baekhyun pops out beside Minhyun. Baekhyun bends down and carries Minhyun, letting him sit on his arm.

 

"Yeobo, you look pretty." Baekhyun complimented me as he sent me a wink.

 

"Thank you." I stood up and gave each of them a kiss on the cheek. "Now, would you two bother to go out? I'm not yet done as you can see."

 

They both let out a chuckle. "Okay." They both chorused.

 

"I'll wait you downstairs." Baekhyun said before leaving the room with MInhyun.

 

As soon as they went out, I continued on putting on the finishing touches on my face. After doing the make-up, I tied my hair in a half-ponytail and styled it in butterfly style and after that, I put on my dress.

 

I already went out of my room once I was done.

 

The party would just be held at our garden since it's big enough to accommodate everyone.

 

When I arrived at the garden, many people had already arrived not to mention there's still half an hour before the party starts. I can already spot my best friends all sitting in one table.

 

"Jeseon! Hyunkyo!" I shout as I ran to them and immediately engulfed them in a hug.

 

"We missed you!" They both said in unison. I finally let go of the hug when I felt someone tugging on my dress. I looked down to see Jeseon's son, Jehun.

 

"Jehun-ah!" I exclaimed as I gave him a hug as well.

 

"Auntie, I love your cupcakes." He pointed the three-layered cake-shaped display that was filled with cupcakes. I set it up by the corner with the help of my staffs from my pastry shop.

 

I let out a chuckle and ruffled his hair. Like mother, like son. They both love sweet stuffs.

 

"Don't worry. I'll give you a box of those before you go home." I said to little Jehun.

 

"Thanks Auntie Hyeri." He gave me a kiss on the cheek then climbs on her mother's lap. Jeseon wipes his sweat as she lets her drink a glass of water.

 

I smiled to myself seeing how my best friend grew into a wonderful mother. I still remember back then when we were still in high school, I used to act as the mother out of the three of us.

 

I sat on the empty chair next to Hyunkyo.

 

"So, how's the baby?" I asked her as I notice she was already having that baby bump.

 

Hyunkyo smiled at me. "The baby's healthy and I've been craving for chocolates these days." Currently, she's pregnant with her second baby with Xiumin.

 

The three of us all married a member of EXO. Hyunkyo married Xiumin while Jeseon married Sehun.

 

"How about you? When are you planning to have a new baby?" Jeseon suddenly asked.

 

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. Baekhyun and me haven't talked about it for a long time now."

 

When Minhyun was just 3 years old, I got pregnant with our second baby. Everyone was happy at that time especially Baekhyun, he had always wanted a princess in the family but of course, all happiness comes to an end.

 

I was on my way to work when I met a car accident. Thankfully, I survived but the baby didn't.

 

I suffered from severe depression after the loss of our baby. To me, everything was my fault. If I was just careful in driving, if only I just let Baekhyun drive me to work on that day.

 

I locked myself up inside our room. I never talked to Baekhyun and I wasn't able to take care of Minhyun. I was always afraid of going outside so I stayed indoors.

 

Baekhyun decided to consult his cousin who apparently was a psychiatrist in the States so our family had to migrate.

 

I had to go through sessions with his psychiatrist cousin for 2 years. I was a burden to Baekhyun for 2 years.

 

I was really grateful that my family didn't give up on me. They were very supportive and patient and it really helped me a lot to recover fast. Just a few months ago, I was even the one to ask Baekhyun if we can already go back in Seoul.

 

"Yeobo, the party's going to start." Baekhyun suddenly comes to our table. I nod my head at him.

 

"I'll talk to you guys later." I waved at the two.

~~~~

 

Want to know the love story of Jeseon and Sehun's? Here's the link:

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/425186/locked-hearts-sehun-s-birthday-special-you-sehun-birthday

 

I also have the side story of Hyunkyo and Xiumin. Here's the link:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/412567/birthday-wish-xiumin-s-birthday-special-you-birthday-xiumin