The Secret

First Love 2 : Perfect Two

 

 

 chapter SEVEN 

 The Secret

 

________________________________________

 

A knock was heard on the door first thing in the morning. I had just finished packing all my things back into my luggage because I was moving out of the dorm. Yes, I would move out of this place to go to an amazing place to live called Pinkf(x). Hello new bedroom fully furnished prettily, hello no-queueing-for-the-bathroom, hello mansion-like sorority. Make way, Jung Soojung will now reside there peacefully.

 

Eunji opened the door since she was closest to it and I looked to my side to see who it was. Even when Eunji was covering most of his face, I still could see his eyes sticking out due to his taller height compared to Eunji's.

 

"What are you doing here, Myungsoo?" Eunji inquired.

 

"Free delivery at your service. I heard two girls that I know got accepted into Pinkf(x)," from the mention of that once again, Eunji had squealed for the fourth time that day. First being her hearing that she got accepted in from the sorority's email. Second was her hearing me getting accepted together with her. Third was when she found out that we would still be rooming together later at the sorority. And now we have Kim Myungsoo being the fourth reason, for being the reminder to the exciting and most awaited news that Eunji wouldn't mind hearing over and over again. 

 

"Great then! Help me move those downstairs and -" Eunji had already began instructing Myungsoo as if he was her personal butler. Before she could possibly continue, Myungsoo stepped inside and walked towards me. He lifted both his hands up, claiming, "I'm only here for Miss Soojung. Some other guy would help you move, Miss Eunji."

 

"Hyung!"

 

With Myungsoo's cue, Hoya stepped in while rubbing his nape. He looked like he was quite shy to be there, which was quite a surprise considering he was pretty amiable when we first met. I noticed that he wasn't the only one who suddenly had a spurt change in personality in that room. Eunji was blushing hard at the moment, head hung low as she bit her lips. I wanted to chuckle seeing them, but instead I supressed it. Cute, just cute.

 

"Let's start moving then!" Myungsoo broke the awkwardness and Hoya immediately grabbed Eunji's huge emerald suitcase. Eunji followed suit behind while carrying her striped black-and-white backpack. 

 

"Let me get that, Miss," Myungsoo cracked a smile while helping me finish zipping my own pink suitcase that I had probably stuffed everything in. Don't ask me why do I own a huge, gigantic sized suitcase fit for moving out to somewhere outside Korea even, in the colour pink. To make it short, I don't really prefer pink since the reason is; my mom loves seeing me in pink and owning pink stuff. I understand that I'm her only child and daughter, but that doesn't mean whatever she buys for me has to be in pink! I tried telling her to stop doing so but after years of living, I gave up. I'd just live with the whole pink concept rather than tiring myself out just to tell her that I don't want anything pink.

 

Because in the end, whatever mom says go through. 

 

Because really, 90% of the time, mom is always right. Trust me.

 

His cheeky smile was now replaced by a frown. He was struggling with the suitcase, anyone with eyes could tell. I eyed him for another minute, he was really having a hard time just lifting it off the bed. 

 

Okay, now it was off the bed. How was he going to carry it all the way downstairs and into the trunk?

 

"Need some help?" I was crossing my arms as I continued to eye him. He turned to me, his forehead was glistening with trickles of sweat by then. But nevertheless, being the stuck-up 'macho' dude he was, he simply replied with a, "No."

 

Or maybe it was the pride. His manly pride. God, seriously though, he look rather ridiculous right now rather than manly. It seemed like he was making fun of himself and he didn't seem to notice.

 

I sighed, "Just go and ask help from Hoya oppa. He's got more muscles than you do."

 

"I'm good, Soojung. Just go ahead. I'll be down in a minute."

 

Now that might hurt his pride. And he was now even more determined to carry the huge suitcase that was almost impossible for a lean man like him to carry it alone. He lifted it with much difficulty then, practically dragging it all the way to the staircase. He managed to successfully carry it downstairs with me following behind, just in case he'd ended up falling down the stairs with the suitcase lying on top of him. Emergency measures, better be safe than sorry for this idiot's case.

 

"After you," Hoya was the one to open the door for me and I stepped into the front seat after chuckling at his antic. Myungsoo climbed in to the driver's seat after having put all of our things in the trunk behind, with Hoya's help obviously. Eunji and Hoya sat at the back, and with that we began our 5-minutes journey to the newly proclaimed house for us girls, the Pinkf(x) mansion.

 

"Say...you guys know each other for a long time already?" I inquired, curious all of a sudden. Myungsoo nodded while Hoya answered it directly. "Totally. We're like lost siblings that found each other."

 

"Oh, so then you would know each others' secret, right?" Eunji perked up. She was smiling mischieviously, I could sense her playfulness then. Eunji must had something up her sleeves, I supposed.

 

"Of course!" both guys chorused in confidence as if they knew each other inside out. Maybe they really do. But honestly, they only knew each other for 2 years. How far could secret sharing between guys go?

 

"Then, do you possibly know what kind of relationship does these two share, oppa?" Eunji wiggled her eyebrows and Hoya seemed to notice where she was heading. He slowly nodded as if he fully understood Eunji's motive this time. I on the other hand, gulped hard. I could sense where this was going too and I didn't like it. It made me curious and nervous at the same time to be frank. How in the world would Myungsoo describe me to his siblings-like-hyungs? His friend? His schoolmate? His girl..?

 

"Schoolmates, of course. Eunji, it's a fact everyone knows," Hoya said aloud and that made Myungsoo sigh in relief. I glanced at him, he was looking way more relieved than he should be. I wasn't relieved like him. I was some sort of mad. It's weird, I mean I wasn't really anticipating anything. Really, I wasn't! Aish, but Eunji and Hoya really had me going there. I would just kill these two and let them die together if it wasn't for the fact that they were basically new acquaintances to me. Crazy teasing couple, tch.

 

While the perfect adorable lovebirds were laughing at me and Myungsoo being so tensed earlier, someone else seemed to plot a revenge for the both of us on his own. "I knew yours too, hyung. Like the girls you dated in the past," he smirked, eyes fixated on the road. Amidst all that, Myungsoo maneuvered the car into a parking spot in front of the Pinkf(x) mansion while Hoya looked like he was in hot water. I chuckled. Nice one, Myungsoo.

 

"You do?" Eunji asked which made Hoya even more nervous. 

 

"That's all in the past though, Myungsoo-yah. No need to bring that up," he let out a laugh, or what seemed to be a laugh since it came out so weak and shaky. It wasn't like he was dating Eunji let alone cheating on her, but something bothered Hoya so much that it made Eunji just so much more curious. And by curious I meant, not in a such good way.

 

"You are becoming a member of Pinkf(x), right Eunji? So I guess you need to know that Bomi noona and Hoya hyung dated in the past." Hoya shot Myungsoo a glare but the latter just shrugged innocently. "Really?" I inquired rhetorically, amused by the 'fun fact' Myungsoo just served us with.

 

"Oh look, we've arrived! Let's get the bags," Eunji stated as if it wasn't obvious enough. I knew for a fact that that 'secret' earlier bothered her a lot. I could tell. Anyone could tell. That was why Myungsoo blurted it out on the first place. Eunji had a crush on Hoya, Hoya had a crush on Eunji, Eunji knew he dated her 'sister,' resulting in awkward, unhappy moments. Myungsoo 1, Hoya 0.

 

heart-divider.png

 

Moments of silence grew inside the room besides me and Myungsoo conversing every now and then. Eunji was busying herself unpacking all the things she brought here while Hoya just stood by her study table watching her every move. He wanted to talk to her but he seemed to be lacking in courage. Not after seeing the once bubbly girl turned into an emotionless humanoid in just a few minutes. It was scary for him, I bet. This is why they say happy people are the most dangerous. You could never tell when they're mad or when they're genuinely happy. In Eunji's case, neither of us could point out how upset she was at the moment. Expecting the worst might be the best option.

 

"Yah, don't you think you went overboard earlier?" I nudged Myungsoo who was now comfortably sitting on my bed. 

 

"No," he mouthed back considering that we were both too scared to break the silence. I was getting worried that Eunji might stay like that forever and considering I knew very little of her, I didn't know how to approach her later. Like would she also be mad at me? I mean, I did enjoy her getting mad earlier. I didn't even know how to persuade her. And I at persuading people. 

 

"Eunji's mad at him."

 

"Yeah, I have eyes Soojung. I can see that," Myungsoo remarked. I rolled my eyes. It was impossible to talk some sense into this idiot. "Plus, I can't let hyung reveal my secret." My ears perked up at the mention of his secret. What was he talking about? What secret? I wanted to ask, but the timing was once again off. Not just for me, but for Hoya as well.

 

"Hey, are you girls done unpacking?" Bomi popped her head through the slight opening of the door before stepping inside. Her eyes widen at the sight of Hoya, and so did ours. "Oh, what are you doing here, Hoya?"

 

Um, she was cooler than expected.

 

"Sending these girls here. Soojung here is Myungsoo's friend, you see," Hoya gestured towards me and I smiled at Bomi. She acknowledged us before turning back to Hoya. "Well then, better finish unpacking today since the initiation ceremony is tonight. Thanks for helping these girls, Hoya. Catch you later," she bid her goodbye before fluttering away.

 

Unknowingly, I heaved a sigh of relief. Myungsoo did too. I think we were all holding our breaths in, afraid of what Eunji was capable of doing in the mere three minutes earlier. She could go crazy and decided to pull off the very first drama in the sorority for the semester by starting a catfight with Bomi. Like I said, expecting the worst. Thank goodness she was nowhere near that.

heart-divider.png

 

Grand music in the background, red carpet unfolded along the staircase all the way to the main door to greet the pledges, black dresses in all sorts of designs and brands, and the chatters of the soon-to-be-pledges. This was what it felt like to be at an iniation ceremony of a sorority. A famous, top-notch sorority, well-known for its sponsors and performances, ranging all the way from academics to sports, to partying all night long.

 

And I stood there. Amidst the hundred other beautiful girls who are the same aged as me, all wearing black dresses, the official dress code for the event. It had been ever since this sorority was even formed, and tradition made sure to keep it that way. Although, fashion had evolved these dresses from years back to the modern, elegant ones, the ones these girls including me were wearing then. 

 

I was beside Eunji, sitting on a couch as the other girls began socializing especially with the other seniors. I caught a glimpse of her, again. It still scared me that Eunji had not been yapping about the initiation or the dress or just about anything. It wasn't like her usual chirpy self at all. Aish, the worst part was; I was part to blame.

 

"Hey, you're Jung Soojung right?"

 

I was greeted by a beauty godess and I assumed she was another pledge as well. She was pretty albeit the makeup she did that probably took hours. The kind that is just naturally beautiful. I smiled at her, at least she seemed friendly rather than someone tonight. "How did you know?"

 

She smiled back and chuckled. "I'm Son Naeun. Pledging as well," she extended her hand and I happily accepted it. "Well, news has been going around that only one legacy is pledging this year. You are indeed the angel, Jung Soojung."

 

"Angel?" That sounded oddly familiar.

 

She laughed at that, which made me just more confused. "Words has it from my friend Sehun that you saved Kai."

 

Now everything clicked. EXO, of course, they are the only ones insane enough to call me one. "Ah, so you're friends with Sehun?"

 

"Yes. I was his neighbour actually and also his schoolmate, if you ask. He keeps on saying that I am no comparison to the beautiful angel. As annoying as that brat is, you are beautiful."

 

I blushed slightly at the comment. It's not everyday you get complimented by a girl. Well, at least not me. "Well Sehun is wrong then. You are pretty too. Like seriously, okay?"

 

"What? Are we acting nice and friendly to each other and putting on a show now?" she laughed and I followed her. It did seem so at the moment. This girl is pretty cool to hang out with. It made me wonder how could she ever associate with someone as immature as Sehun.

 

The initiation ceremony began officially soon enough with us receiving our sorority badges and revealing who our big sisters are. Big sisters were somewhat in charge of us pledges, guiding us and the whole sisters bonding thing. I got Victoria as my big sis, no surprise there. She seemed to favour me since the beginning anyways. Eunji on the other hand was speechless when she found out hers.

 

Yup, yours truly, Yoon Bomi.

 

This sister bond between them was going to be the most interesting one. Let's hope that the drama I imagined earlier continue to stay as a mere imagination and not become a reality. That would be bad for the sorority and Eunji. Gosh, I couldn't bear to imagine the outcomes at all.

 

"I'm Amber and I'd be your pledge educator this semester. You are under my watch, so no funny business or else you can say goodbye to us. You are just pledges, remember that, okay?" the girl with short blond hair was giving her part of intro. It was the getting-to-know-your-sisters-session and by now, Luna, the treasurer, Amber, the pledge educator and Bomi, the event planner had spoken.

 

"Hi girls! I'm Park Chorong, VP," she bowed slightly before passing it over to the president.

 

"And I'm Victoria, President of Pinkf(x). My real name is Song Qian, and yes, I'm Chinese. But do call me Victoria unnie, or Vic unnie. It's just easier than having to pronounce my Chinese name. I hope you girls would enjoy your time here onwards and do give your fullest cooperation in making Pinkf(x) the best sorority on campus!"

 

"Without further ado, let's welcome Infinite's representative, just because I know you girls are itching to know them already. So I brought one down to our sorority tonight. Please welcome, Infinite's event planner for this semester, Lee Howon."

 

Hoya stepped up looking handsome as ever in his dashing black tuxedo, complete with a necktie. His hair was brushed up in a manner that made him look stylish and cool, somewhat more professional and event-appropriate. Eunji looked rather surprised seeing him here. I was too. I thought this iniation event was for all girls only.

 

With a few coughs and straightening his tux for the hundreth time, Hoya spoke up, "Hello, ladies. As my beautiful, gorgeous Vic noona here mentioned, I am Infinite's event planner for the semester. So everything, from every event to mixer to charity work that Infinite does goes through me first. Um, call me Hoya. Hoya sunbae or Hoya oppa, whatever suits you girls. Just thank you noona for the mention of my birth name, but really, people just call me Hoya." He sent a playful glare towards the latter as she tauntingly smirked back at him.

 

"So, uh first order of business. Infinite is a brother-like organisation to Pinkf(x) and that goes without a say. Our president, Sunggyu hyung, sent me here to clarify a few things to the new pledges here. We have the Grandpa Gyu at the top, the second most important person would be yours truly. If you want to do a mixer or just any event with the fraternity brothers, you can meet up with me although Vic noona usually supervises these kind of things. If you're interested in one of our brothers, you can also tell me and I'll hook you guys up. But shhh, Vic noona or the other noonas don't need to know about that."

 

Victoria scoffed at him, sending him a warning glare at the midst of it. Hoya chortled at this, making the rest of us laughed in response. 

 

"Kidding, kidding. But I'm always up for the dating service," he winked jokingly and the crowd roared in laughter once again. Thank goodness for Luna who was beside Victoria to help her calm down from smacking Hoya at the back of his head. 

 

"The third most important person would be our pledge representative, Kim Myungsoo or better known as L. He's our MVP this semester, so you would be seeing a lot of his face since he'd be helping me in handling the events as well."

 

"I wouldn't mind seeing that gorgeous face all around," a girl not too far from me giggled with her friend after her whisper. I scrutinized them and scoffed. Tch, that's only because they know L and not Kim Myungsoo. Wait till they see what an annoying idiot he is.

 

"That's all and have a great year here in Pinkf(x)!" Hoya ended his speech and made way to the unnies instead of Eunji. Speaking of which, she wasn't even pleased with his speech earlier. In fact, she seemed more pissed off than earlier.

 

heart-divider.png

 

After the whole initiation ceremony, the sorority girls just carried on their usual talks with the other seniors and sisters. Provided that Eunji suddenly turned into a quiet loner and that Naeun was busy chatting with her big sis, Chorong, I decided to just go inside my room. Away from this crowd and noise might be peaceful for a while.

 

The slightly ajar door gave me a subtle shock since I was sure that I closed it earlier before leaving for the initiation. The inside of the room was dark and there was no sound coming out of the room whatsoever. Did someone break into my room or something?

 

Cautiously, I walked inside and the lights. A few glances around and everything seemed to be in place. By in place I meant a couple of flying dresses here and there with makeup scattered on the white vanity table. It was before an important sorority event, couldn't blame me. Girls' room are just always this messy when dressing and dolling up. 

 

A few windy breezes caressed my skin and I shuddered a bit. Wait, breezes? I looked around to find the balcony door slightly open, allowing the breeze to come in, curtains slightly moving as the effect. I tiptoed towards it and slide the curtain away to get a better view of what or exactly who was outside. To my surprise, the latter turned and met eyes with me. I heaved a sigh of relief. Thank goodness it wasn't a burglar or something.

 

"Hoya oppa, you scared me!"

 

He chuckled as he gestured me to join him stargazing at the small balcony. Or at least whatever he was doing there earlier, alone. 

 

"What are you doing here? Breaking into a girl's room is not really an impressive attitude, Infinite's second most important person," I mocked him and he once again laughed at me.

 

"Sorry. I thought I'd wait for Eunji but since she might refuse to see me as I can see now, I thought I'd just get some fresh air. Clear my mind for a bit," his gaze never left the moonlit sky. I looked up too this time, the night was indeed beautiful.

 

"Me too. It's too crowded down there, oppa."

 

"Wait, you've been calling me oppa since earlier. Wow, I should be honoured, right? The legacy Jung Soojung calls me oppa first. Not Sunggyu hyung, but me," he joked.

 

"Well, I call you that because I consider Eunji as a sister. So if you're ever to date her, you'd be my brother-in-law, right? Calling you oppa just for the sake of getting close to you because of Eunji," I quipped and he scoffed at my witty response.

 

"Well then, let's be close sister-in-law!" he put an arm around me and pulled me tight into an embrace that almost suffocated my breath. I tried to squirm out of his firm 'brotherly' grip but yeah, it was to no avail sadly.

 

Something clicked in my head, though. Aha! I caught you red-handed now, Lee Howon! "Wait, did you just indirectly admit you like Eunji?"

 

"Says who?" his eyebrow arched as he let go of me. "I'm calling you that because I consider Myungsoo as my real brother. So if you're ever to date him, you'd be my sister-in-law, right?"

 

I rolled my eyes at him copying and mocking me at the same time. But then again, I was suddenly reminded by the whole secret incident earlier which led to Hoya and Eunji's strain in relationship. Just exactly what secret did Myungsoo wanted to protect so much that he would spill the beans about Hoya's past flame?

 

"What secret did Myungsoo want to keep earlier? You weren't just teasing him, right? There's something he's hiding, right?"

 

"Why are you so curious about him?" he looked at me in a manner that's half-curious and half-teasing.

 

"Ah, oppa~ Come on, tell me tell me! Did he like what dated an American girl or something?"

 

"What if he did? You're jealous?"

 

"Aish, oppa! I'm serious here!"

 

"So am I."

 

"You know what, fine! Forget that I even asked," I pouted and my heels, ready to leave Myungsoo's equally annoying 'brother' on his own. Serves him right that Eunji ignored him.

 

"First love," the two words made me stop in my tracks. "First love?"

 

Hoya nodded. He turned to face me and finally started to talk, "He didn't date anyone back in New York because he said he couldn't forget his first love. He told me that once he graduated, he'd do whatever it takes to return to Korea to find her."

 

I gulped hard. Hoya's eyes never left mine the entire time. Could it be...

 

"That's the secret. Now it's out, please don't tell Myungsoo you know it too. He'd murder me in my sleep," Hoya walked out, leaving me dumbfounded. With only the gazillion twinkling stars and the cool breeze, I was left alone. Left to think, left to wonder, and boy, my imaginations were running wild as far as it could go now. His first love, could it be that I am the one?

 

Oh my god, Jung Soojung! Don't get ahead of yourself. What if it's not you? You barely knew Myungsoo's past love life and yet you're making stupid conclusions like this. It could be his childhood first love, his first love in elementary or something. But still, the possibility...

 

I ruffled my hair in annoyance. Great, now this 'secret' was going to make me have a sleepless night just thinking about it.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» sorry for the late update. college is a pain in the , really. god, that's the same thing I said about high school last year. haha, anyways, both Infinite and f(x) are making a comeback! Yay! I love Infinite's Back, and omg myungsoo with blonde hair like whut who allow him to become hotter like that? o.O krystal is blonde too but a different kind of blonde, lol. she looks very matured and american like that. keke, give lots of love to this story! comment, subscribe, upvote. bye lovelies xoxo