Closer

First Love 2 : Perfect Two

 

 

 chapter TWO 

 Closer

 

________________________________________

 

Music was booming throughout the entire fraternity, or should I say more like a freaking mansion. Seriously, this is some sick frat to be offering such glamorous accommodation to college students. According to Eunji, this was the number 1 frat house on campus, aka the house where every male student dreams to enter. Well, you know Eunji, she was so into this thing, I swore she could even remember who was on ranking number 20. Even if there was one.

 

“Vic! You’re here!” a somewhat senior came shouting with his eyes closed. Oh whoops! No, my bad, they weren’t close, just extremely small. They were like slits with little openings. Now I knew why even guys get double eyelid surgery nowadays.

 

“This party is killing it!” Victoria also replied in the same manner due to the loud music in the background. I swore all of us were going to end up with hearing problems by the time we exited this party. “Hope you don’t mind but I brought a few more girls.” Victoria signaled for Eunji and me to come forward a bit. She then introduced us; a bright smile was painted on her face. Wow, someone was excited to have us in her sorority.

 

“That is Eunji and here we have Soojung,” Vic motioned me to take one more step forward as Slit Eyes extended a handshake. “I’m Sunggyu, president of Infinite.” I shook his hand firmly while trying to flash a smile. He had this oppa aura wafting around him which made me feel assured. Warm and dependable.

 

Sunggyu then called up his own members of the house to perhaps help Eunji and me around. I managed to get a glimpse of Victoria whispering the world ‘legacy’ to Sunggyu while his boys made their way to us. I scoffed, this whole legacy treatment made me feel slightly burdensome. They probably won’t even look at me with one eye if I wasn’t one. I wouldn’t even be invited to this ‘party of the year.’ No sarcasm there, really, this party was pretty cool.

 

“Soojung?” a familiar voice startled me from my endless self-comments and I looked up.

 

There he was, with an oddly tall guy beside him. Sunggyu mumbled something to them before leaving us with these two. Oh, really now? Victoria brought us here and just left us? Well, this was college afterall, not some daycare centre, Soojung. Mingle on your own was the normal thing to do. “Oh, this is Sungyeol. We’re both well from Infinite as you can see,” Myungsoo introduced his friend to us; this guy had to be somewhere near 180 something.

 

Being the exuberant girl she was, Eunji introduced me to these guys, as if she knew either of them before. I sighed, this was not my plan. Meeting Myungsoo was not on the new things I planned to do in college. On top of that, why oh why did he had to be from Infinite? I saw Myungsoo nudged Sungyeol, as if signaling him to court Eunji away. They turned their backs from us for a while, and anybody who passed by could see that they were having a mini argument. Sungyeol probably didn’t wan’t to do as told, which made sense since Eunji’s perky energy might had been too much for him. I totally got that, dude.

 

“Ehem, you wanna go there?” Sungyeol tried his very best not to sound forced, but then again, I figured he might not have been the best actor. Thankfully enough, Eunji bought it and immediately clung onto the latter’s arm before waving me away. Tch, nice friend you are, Eunji. Leaving me with the world’s most annoying narcissist; this night couldn’t have got any worse.

 

“I didn’t know you’re a Pinkf(x)’s legacy,” he casually started the conversation after it seemed like I won’t budge from my silent mode. This guy was really trying to act like nothing happened, eh? Okay then, two could play this game.

 

“Yeah, well not really my plan to join a sorority. Eunji dragged me into this,” I flashed a fake smile, the best one I could muster. I wasn’t hoping that he would think it was real, in fact, the faker the better. In that way, he would at least get my message of ‘please get away from me.’ “You should. Did you know that Infinite and Pinkf(x) are like brother-sister organizations? We help around a lot, hang out together a lot, and many of us dated each other,” he smirked.

 

What were you trying to imply, Myungsoo? If I didn’t know you any better, I’d think you were trying to make a move on me. Yeah, that was right. I am now better at realizing things, not so oblivious like before. I tried to be more alert of these things since I didn’t want to miss a guy who was into me but I was just too stupid to notice. Cough cough, not that Myungsoo had anything to do with this since I had moved on. But yeah, seeing him now, I might had second thoughts.

 

As if not caring what he just uttered, Myungsoo immediately continued, "Oh, do you want to meet the other hyungs? They'd be really glad to see you." He grabbed me by the wrist and literally dragged me to the other side of the house.

 

Whoa, there were soooo many people, all crowded, and I thought this was the classified after rush party. I arrived at where seemed to be the main living room of the frat house, the wallpapers were in dark violet, giving off a slight classy feel. Wonder Girls' DJ is Mine was playing loudly in the background, but that room was only filled with people laughing and chatting around. No dancing or anything, maybe everyone was worn out by now. "Soojung-ah, this is Hoya hyung and Woohyun hyung," Myungsoo introduced me to two guys who were casually leaning by the fireplace.

 

One of them wore an all purple suit, which kind of shocked me for his bold taste in fashion. Or maybe he was just obsessed with the colour. The other one who was supposed to be Woohyun, put his hand up slightly while smirking. There was just something in his smirk that screamed arrogance and playfulness. Very impressive first impressions of your hyungs, Myungsoo. They were just like him; annoying. "Oohh, so you must be the Soojung. Our Myungsoo here talks a lot about you," Hoya blurted.

 

I raised an eyebrow in suspiscion while Myungsoo just coughed awkwardly and pretending to look away. Okay, that was unexpected? He did? It's only the first day of college and he already went around talking about me? "Well, I can see why he does. You're such a beauty yourself. Just as pretty as the name," that Woohyun guy sent me a wink while raising up his beer of can in his left hand. Ew? Dude, I am so not into cheesy greasy guys.

 

"Soojung!" I heard my name being shouted from across the room and as I squinted my eyes towards the direction of where it came from, I realized that the bubbly girl aka Eunji was making her way here. She had her infamous smile plastered on her face, showcasing the pearly white teeth she has. I waved my hand in response, but maybe more like a SOS of help me get away from these freaks. Okay, the purple dude is kind of cool, but not this cheeseball.

 

"Your friend?" I heard Hoya asking me and as I turned around to face him, I noticed a slight twinkle in his eyes. That crazy sixth sense part of me was uprising again, and if I knew him better, I would totally 100% be sure that he was interested in Eunji. I guess someone was interested in perky females like her. Might be the smile, that eye smile looks like it's worth a million won.

 

"Hey, why you're all alone?" I asked. The last time I left her was with Sungyeol, but then again I didn't really blame him. He looked as if he was going to die of too much sunlight glowing from this girl. "Sungyeol told me that he was going to get me a drink, but then I saw him got caught up with some girl. Don't wanna be a third wheeler!" she exclaimed. Haisy, this girl was really optimistic.

 

Hoya coughed suddenly, and I immediately understood what he meant. Tch, suave much? "Oh, this is Infinite. Well, two of them. Hoya and Woohyun," I introduced and Hoya gladly accepted Eunji's hand that was held out. "And you are?" he asked warily, searching for her eyes since Eunji slightly lowered down her head as she was blushing then. "Eunji, Jung Eunji." "Ah, I see," Hoya responded but what Eunji said put him in an awkward position. "Um, can you let go of my hand?" "S-sure," he uttered, slightly taken aback. His hand seemed as if it lost its place as he rubbed his nape. Now, it was Hoya's turn to blush. Wow, and I thought the people of Infinite were all smooth and pro when it came to flirting.

 

"Well hyungs, you mind if I steal Soojung for a while?" Myungsoo inquired suddenly and my eyes bulged in response.

 

What was wrong with this dude? Just earlier he was talking about Infinite and Pinkf(x) dating, now he wanted to steal me? What am I? An object or something?

 

"Be my guest," Woohyun approved. Wow, could he just be any more irritating? I am not his girlfriend or sister or anything. Tch, I decide when I go and who I go with, thank you very much.

 

But looks like not tonight I wasn't. After the green light, he grabbed my wrist and dragged me away, far far away from the massive crowd, up the stairs and then into a room. This just reminded me of how he loved dragging people around to wherever he wanted to go. Guess that part of him never changed. Such a shame since that part of him only made him look like some possessive beast when all of his exterior qualities were close to perfection. Weirdly enough, I didn't bother to mind when it's him. He was like an exception. Why? Oh yeah, maybe because he was my first love. No big deal.

 

He closed the door shut, even locked it for that matter. Okay, no erted thoughts, Soojung, no erted thoughts. He is Kim Myungsoo, not some random dude I just met at a party. Well, I kind of did, but still, it was technically a 're-meet.'

 

"Why? Thinking that I might do something to you?" he spoke up, interrupting my thoughts.

 

Great, now he's a mind reader too? "N-no. Why are we here anyways?" I tried to sound confident despite the fact I was surprised by his words earlier.

 

"Ey, liar. I can see it in your eyes that you think that way," he started walking towards me.

 

One step, two steps, three steps, closer and closer. I on the other hand went backwards, worrying what he meant earlier. Was he trying to....ey, no way. Calm down, Soojung, he's Kim Myungsoo. He wouldn't dare do anything to you.

 

"Ah!" I exclaimed. My head had hit the brick wall behind me and I realized I was now trapped. A playful smirk tugged at his mouth, as he harshly placed his palm to the wall, arm straightened. Okay now I'm trapped. I nervously stared back at him, my heart was racing hard. I observed his perfectly sculpted features, it had been a long time since I last saw this face so upclose. And I never thought that I'd see it again in a situation like this. 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» i just realized i always fail to introduce myungsoo in the first chapter. epic fail. haha but here you go! soojung finally meets myungsoo! again...lulz these two. thank you you lovely people who upvoted, commented, subscribed! enjoy reading ^^