High School Reunion

First Love 2 : Perfect Two

 

 

 

 chapter FOUR 

 High School Reunion

 

________________________________________

 

I slung my Radley bag over my shoulders and did a last minute check. Handphone? Check. Money? Check. Cute outfit? Check. Lol, I wasn't going on a date or anything, so why bother? Feeling confident, I walked out of my dorm and went outside. Today was the day of the reunion. Finally! I missed Sulli, and Suzy, and Jiyoung, and Jieun, and the guys so much. It had been quite some time considering that we were in different colleges now. Ahh, even the weather was bright. The sky was blue, the sun was shining like a golden ball, the wind was not too cold. Nothing could ruin today, nothing.

 

"Beep Beep!" someone just honked at me. Heol, someone just did honk at me.

 

"Going somewhere, pretty lady?" I stopped in my tracks and turned to my side. Huh, I was not an easy girl to be played with. My annoyance just got to a whole new level when I realized Myungsoo was the one in that car, that red Ferrari of his. Sweet ride. Wait, what? No, no, Soojung. Don't even think about getting into this maniac's car. Today was going to be perfect that even the Kim Myungsoo couldn't ruin it with his annoying attitude.

 

Determined, I kept my gaze straight ahead, and continued walking. Myungsoo kept on following me from the side of the road, his car moving at a steady speed. I fasten my pace, mouth pouting and head not turning. No, not happening.

 

"You know that you can't outrun my car, right?" he teased and I started to walk even faster. Gosh, at this rate I could even be an athlete for walking. "Going to the reunion, right? Just get in. I'm heading there too." The car finally came to a halt and with this, I smiled in victory. That's right. Just drive away, Kim Myungsoo. I was just too precious for your extremely expensive car.

 

"Whoa! Whoa! What the hell do you think you're doing?" I hollered.

 

Myungsoo was suddenly dragging me by the wrist like he always did. He opened the car door and bluntly ordered me,"Get in. Now." Excuse you mister, don't you understand the whole body language earlier? When someone keeps on walking after being offered a ride, it means she doesn't want to. Ugh, so annoying!

 

"Ya! Ya! Okay, okay. I'll get into your stupid car," I had to give in this time. He was pushing me, like literally! Who pushes a girl into a car like some freak e? Oh yeah, Kim Myungsoo does. He always does.

 

"Just so you know, this is kidnapping," I commented as I pulled the strap of the seat belt and fastened it. "Whatever works for you," he flashed off that prideful smile of his while putting on his shades back on. Myungsoo stepped on the gas pedal and off we went.

 

heart-divider.png

 

I pushed the doors to Destiny Cafe, the place where we promised to meet. My eyes searched for that playful redhead with her other army of friends and I finally spotted her at the right wing of the cafe. "Soojung! Over here!" Sulli excitedly waved her hand towards me and I skipped to their table. There, everyone was already seated. Minus Junho and Yoseob of course. Junho was too busy with his schedule and Yoseob couldn't make it all the way from France just to be here. I pulled out a seat next to Suzy while Myungsoo sat right across me since that was the only seat left.

 

"You guys came together?" Jonghyun raised his eyebrows suspiciously which made the others shot daggers with their eyes at us too. Heol, these guys....I knew they would be like this. Like really? What's the big deal?

 

"We go to the same college so I offered her a ride," Myungsoo was the one to answer it, which in return received some 'oooohs' and 'aaahhs' and then a few gasps. "Wait, you guys go to the same college now and you don't even bother telling that to me? Disappointed in you, Jung Soojung," Sulli shook her head playfully, as if she was really hurt by the fact.

 

"So...how far have you guys gone?" Suzy asked first. I mentally facepalmed at this, could my friends got any more childish than this?

 

Shouldnt've asked. They sure could.

 

"Are you guys talking again?" Jieun continued.

 

"You guys have to be way past that. Come on dude, have you make a move on her yet?" I mentally shot myself at that, thank you very much Minho.

 

"Eyy, don't tell me you guys are already dating?" Jiyoung chimed in.

 

Sure everyone, come on and board the bus on making fun of Myungsoo and I. Or more just like me since Myungsoo didn't seem to be affected by it. Like at all. Does that dude even has feelings?

 

heart-divider.png

 

After somehow I avoided those nonsense questions miraculously, I excused myself to the ladies. Sulli tagged along and I swore she couldn't stop bothering me about Myungsoo. "Are you sure nothing happened between you guys at all?" she stressed at the word nothing as I washed my hands. With a heavy sigh, I answered her for the umpteenth time. "No."

 

I went out of the bathroom and I accidentally bumped into someone. "Sorry," I bowed slightly but as I lifted my head up, I blurted, "Oh, it's you! Tan Guy!" Okay, Soojung, you should've kept better memory about his name rather than his obvious feature. Thankfully, he only chuckled to my sudden nickname for him.

 

"I have a name, you know. Kai," he held out his palm to which I gratefully accepted.

 

"Soojung. And, um....you might not remember about that night, but I kind of rescued you." Um, sounded way more cocky than expected, but never mind.

 

"What night?" Sulli beamed in the background, she was specially ecstatic to see Tan Guy. I meant Kai. Gosh, keep track on his name, Soojung! It's not that hard to remember. "Oh, this is my friend, Sulli," I introduced and he flashed off a smile to her. It came off as a smirk to me, but hey, it made him look handsome. So, who cares?

 

"Ah, my hyungs did mention about an angel who came to my rescue. Pleasure to finally meet you, Soojung," he said calmly. Oh, please, I'm no angel. Just been on the same boat here, buddy.

 

"Yah Kai! What are you doing flirting over there?" a guy who was 5 metres away from us was sitting at a table with his other friend. That guy had some sort of a creepy smile and pointed ears, hmmmm, reminded me of Yoda. Okay, Soojung, stop giving nicknames to these EXO people.

 

"Sorry. My hyungs. That is Chanyeol hyung and the other is Lay hyung," he sent me an apologetic look. I stifled a laugh, I didn't expect for EXO to be so...variety. So many interesting personalities, with different distinct features.

 

"Soojung, I have some work to do. We're going back. Now," Myungsoo appeared behind Kai and his expression was no kidding. It looked like he was ready to eat Kai alive. Geez, this whole rivalry was so sensitive to him. I bid Kai and Sulli goodbye before getting dragged by Myungsoo out of the cafe, again. Okay, he really need to learn to ask for a lady's permission. Not cool to be like this, dude.

 

Along the whole ride back he kept silent. Weird, not taunting or teasing me like always. Myungsoo had his eyes riveted on the road the whole period, he seemed to be furious about something. He was fuming, I could tell. But the question was, was it because Kai from EXO, the rival frat he despised so much talked to me?

 

Or was it because I talked to him? 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» sorry this is shorter than expected >.< and wow, didn't expect that so many are shipping kaistal. lol did myungstal fans gone missing? haha anyways thank you for your lovely comments. it's nice to know what you guys think :) enjoy reading~