Sorority Sisters

First Love 2 : Perfect Two

 

 chapter ONE 

 Sorority Sisters

 

________________________________________

 

I slammed the door shut and leaned against it on my back. Did all that just really happened? My heart couldn’t stop pumping madly and I swore adrenaline were still rushing in my veins. Was it because of all the running I went through to avoid him, or was it because of him himself?

 

“Are you okay?” I looked at the girl in front of me. Her voice practically snapped me back into reality.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

 

“Well, I’m Jung Eunji. I’m your new roommate, you know,” she perked herself up and walked to me to give out her hand, presumably for a handshake, I supposed.

 

“Oh, right. I didn’t wait for you earlier because I thought I was running late for the orientation. I’m Jung Soojung,” I shook her hand and she flashed out the brightest, sweetest smile I had ever seen.

 

“Hey, we have the same family name! Hehe, maybe if we can get close to each other, we’d be like the Jung sisters or something. That is if you want to,” she sheepishly smiled and scratched at the back of her neck. “Sure. Why not? Plus, I don’t know anyone here. All my friends went to different colleges so…yeah,” I said. This girl seemed really nice and amiable, like the girl next door, you know? She’s not that short, her long golden brown hair all tied up into a ponytail, but her sense of fashion seemed to be a bit boyish for a girl so sweet like her. I could see that she had not unpacked yet, only a few of her clothes were sloppily thrown on her bed.

 

“You don’t want to unpack yet?” I voiced out my curiosity as I took a step closer to ‘her side’ of the room.

 

“Oh, that. I’m trying out for a sorority. The rush is tonight, so maybe if I had a shot, I might just make it,” she briefly explained.

 

“Sorority?”

 

“Yeah. You know, sisterhood and stuff. I really want to be with girlfriends and all, considering, as you can see, I’m not that girly. I have three little brothers and my dad at home. My mom passed away when she gave birth to my youngest brother, so not getting that much girl love here,” she bitterly laughed as she took out a photo frame from her bright red luggage. She took a seat next to me on my bed and showed me the picture. It was her mother, I assumed. They had the same winsome smile, with dimples dancing on their rosy cheeks.

 

With a grief of anguish, I uttered, “Sorry.”

 

“It’s okay. It’s been a long time already. I’m fine with it.”

 

“But if you’re going to a sorority, it means you’re moving out of the dorm, then. We can’t be roommates anymore, right?”

 

“Yeah…hey, why don’t you join too? I promise you it’s going to be tons of fun!” I bit lips in hesitation. The truth was, my mother was in a sorority here before, making me a legacy. I didn’t want to continue that legacy because I decided to focus on my studies, but now, I couldn’t bear to let Eunji go out on her own like that. And truth be told, I was kind of fond of this girl now. She had that bubbly attitude of Sulli’s and the gracefulness of Suzy’s. I thought that I didn’t want to lose a friend like this.

 

“Alright,” I agreed. Eunji immediately shouted triumphantly as if she won a tournament or something. I laughed at her childishness, thinking that, yeah, we were going to get along just fine.

 

heart-divider.png

 

That night, we chose our outfits carefully in order to make a good first impression to the seniors in charge. I heard from my mom before of what rush night is about. It was basically, every house on campus throwing parties or what they like to call rushes, to audition for new pledges. The freshmen would travel in a group, from one house to the other, and later, they would pledge for the house they liked the best. You would only get in after the members of the house agreed to let you pledge and soon on after, you became an active member and later, maybe even the president.

 

Although, legacy was an exception. It was like an easy pass. The chances of me getting into Pinkf(x), the sorority my mom was in, was like 90%. So, this rush thing was no big deal for me. It maybe was to Eunji though. She seemed really nervous and cautious, aware of what were the tests given by the houses.

 

“Welcome!” a girl with long, straightened, brunette hair greeted us and invited us in. We stepped into the grand mansion-like house and I was rendered in awe. There was a big, crystal chandelier hanging in the middle of the hallway which branched into various rooms. The maple-wooden floor was carpeted by maroon velvet and the inside of the house was furnished magnificently.

 

All of us were scattered into the house and as I walked up to the mini bar for a punch, the brunette girl earlier sauntered towards me. “Hi! You’re Soojung, right? A legacy?” she greeted me in the best manner she could muster.

 

I simply nodded my head, slightly embarrassed by the fact. However, Eunji responded to this in a shocked state, “Legacy?” Her eyes bulged and she almost spurted her drink out.

 

“I’m Victoria, the president of Pinkf(x). And the two of you are?”

 

“I’m Soojung. This is my friend, Jung Eunji,” I briefly introduced ourselves. “Hi!” Eunji waved enthusiastically. Wow, she was really trying her best. “Ah, I see. Well, we weren’t expecting you to show up today. Your mom didn’t confirm anything with us,” Victoria said.

 

“Well, I changed my mind, I guess. This house is pretty sick,” I acknowledged.

 

“I’m glad you do. This house needs more of girls like you. Your mom was a legend in this house. She practically skyrocketed Pinkf(x) to being the no. 1 house on campus.” Wow, mom did? I never knew she was this famous in Pinkf(x).

 

“Victoria!” a girl with short blonde hair called her. She almost looked like a boy with that kind of outfit. I didn’t expect for Pinkf(x) to be so diverse. I meant, I thought that they were just a bunch of bimbos and all, but I guessed not. “I gotta go, sorry,” Victoria asked a girl to fill her in before she left Eunji and I.

 

“Hi girls! I’m the VP of Pinkf(x), Chorong,” a girl with long, straight honey brown hair and slanting eyes substituted for Victoria and greeted us in amiably. “Hi,” I replied. “Hello,” Eunji followed me. “Have you girls gotten a tour of the house?” she inquired us. We both shook our heads and she hurriedly offered to give us a full tour on the as said, best house on campus. Both of us followed the VP’s lead and went upstairs obediently, wanting to show a good attitude to impress Chorong. After all, she was the sorority’s vice president, second in-charge of the whole house.

 

“This as you can see are the rooms for our girls. Each room places 2 girls and maybe if you girls are lucky, you’d ended up in one of these rooms for the rest of the semester,” she kept on explaining the parts of the house until she stopped at a room and opened the door for us to step in.

 

“Wow…” that one word from Eunji’s mouth was enough to describe the room we might stay in.

 

It looked like one of those dream rooms where you could only see through IKEA magazines and showrooms. I felt overwhelmed by this beautifully decorated and furnished room, and the thought of being here this whole semester? Wow, now that was a solid reason to apply here. It was way, way, way better than the dorm room. There were two beds on opposite sides of the room, already covered with floral and funky stripes bed sheets. Beside them was a white, stark and sleek study table that was spotless, not a single dust or cobwebs on it. The room had a bathroom, so that was very pleasant considering that at the dorm; we would have rushed and fought for just a shower. Trust me that was like real war. Having to fight to get a shower. Ugh, no wonder people wanted to get in these high-end sororities.

 

The whole rush was pretty much like a meet and greet, a formal touch to a college party, much more less than an interview. It made me wonder what they judged on, then. They did not keep a keen eye or anything, everything was going on naturally. No pressure, no shooting questions that you couldn’t answer. It was smooth and actually, fun. And I thought that this was going to be a house full of bimbos and rich people wannabes.

 

Time sure flew by when you were having fun. The other freshmen were ready to leave for the next house, but before I could follow them, Victoria dragged me away from those other girls. “You want to go to a party?” she asked, he big brown orbs were practically sparkling. Nah, it was just probably the lighting in that house.

 

“You mean now?”

 

“Yeah. It’s a rush after party. Freshmen don’t usually go because they have so many other houses to go to, but come on, you’re not going to abandon us, right? I mean for sure you want to go in Pinkf(x), right?” she blinked her eyes innocently. I swore those were her puppy eyes. She was practically screaming in hope, wanting me to be a part of Pinkf(x).

 

“I guess,” I answered carefully. I wasn’t sure yet, but yeah, Pinkf(x) was kind of cool.

 

“So, let’s go then! After party at Infinite’s. It’s going to be sick. You can bring your friend if you want to,” she referred to Eunji. I hesitated at first, but I remembered about Sulli saying that I shouldn’t be so uptight. I slowly nodded my head which formed the biggest smile on her face. 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» woot first chapter is up! so as you can see I decided to use frats and sororities, it'd be easier to group them like that and I've always want to write something like this, so yeah. soojung would be making new friends as you see since her old ones went to different colleges. I'm going to college soon and so yeah pretty much in the same situation as her now. anyways, comments are loved! thanks for the subscribers who subscribe before the story started. upvotes are appreciated but more importantly give me your insights on the story. don't be a silent reader, kay? :)