Oh My God!

First Love 2 : Perfect Two

 

 chapter TEN 

 Oh My God!

 

________________________________________

 

Crimson autumn garnished the city of Seoul with its myriad of fiery colours. In the outskirts of it, was where my college stood, firm and stark, despite the extra chilly wind today. I hugged my burgundy coat tighter, striding every step against the breeze that was passing every now and then, against my pallid cheeks and made my hair unkempt at times. Contrasting to its bright, fiery set of colours that autumn has to offer, mornings during the season was rather biting cold. It was a good self-reminder to always dress appropriately rather than wearing what most girls here preferred. Well, I wasn't one of them that could embrace the cold to walk the runway. Some of them must had really amazing body insulation because mini-skirts and shorts were still seen. It was admirable but incomprehensible at the same time. I'd rather blanket myself with layers and layers of thick, woolen sweaters and coats, thank you very much.

 

Eunji was walking with me, our paces matched as we had the most random conversations right after lecture ended. She too had opt for something preferably to keep her warm; an-off white turtleneck underneath a navy denim jacket and a maroon scarf with her worn-out black skinny jeans and a pair of boots of the same colour. It was surprising to see her wearing a head accessory; a ribbon tied to her hair like a scarf. She wasn't really into makeovers but today, she seemed to put on a little effort more than usual. I didn't need to be a psychic to know that this might just had to do with Hoya. 

 

Honestly, as perky and amicable as she was, I couldn't bring myself to ask her how were matters with Hoya. I might be slightly intimidated by the silent treatment she had given him this past week and I thought that she would easily evade all my questions, masking a bubbly personality when deep down, she could be irritated to the bones by her roommate shooting questions that didn't concern any of her business. I wasn't nosy, I was just curious. And slightly worried, of course. Besides, let's not forget because of whom did these two had their first fight when they hadn't even begun dating.

 

"Oh my god," after a whole long of talking about the upcoming Chuseok preparations Eunji's family would be doing to the partly secret vendetta that Chorong might be having with Suho, those were the words that came out as soon as her two legs came to a halt. I was still fully concentrated in talking with her that I blurted out a, "What?" I stopped immediately too and turned my head to look upfront when her head signaled me to.

 

The red Ferrari. The very familiar convertible parked a few meters away, right by the pallid, cemented sidewalk. And there he was, standing by his car, sporting a pair of shades and hands in his pockets. Okay, I had to admit, he did look cool. As if he was in a commercial for the Ferrari, the natural breeze that blew his bangs to the side surely added the extravagant effects like the ones you see in television ads. As if now realizing that I was in front of him, he held his hand up, greeting me with a smile carved on his face. I scoffed, this could not get any better.

 

"The early phases of dating are always the sweetest," Eunji remarked, a hint of sarcasm resounded. I didn't even think she noticed. This could only indicate that they hadn't make up yet. Maybe she even held a slight grudge against Myungsoo. Maybe she was even thankful to him since he brought up a matter that was significant. Knowing your big sister used to date your crush is an important detail. "Go."

 

"You sure? You know I don't think Myungsoo would mind giving you a ride as well," I wasn't going to just leave her. She was going in the same direction and ditching your friend for your boyfriend is just not right. It was something I feared of really, prioritizing relationships over friendships. But just then, her Ed Sheeran's ringtone blasted. She took a quick look at the caller ID before ushering, "I've got to take this. Just go, really. I'm fine." She fluttered away before I could argue more and so, I was left with a ride back home with Kim Myungsoo.

 

I took a sharp, deep breath and fixed the unruly tangles of my hair that was caused by the wind, still carelessly transmitting its spine-chilling effects everywhere. With a few strides, I managed to arrive right in front of him where he was ready to chauffeur me away. "After you, my lady," he tried sounding fancy and I couldn't help but to chuckle. With that hand gesture of him, urging me to get into the passenger's seat, he looked more like my driver or a butler that I would never have. This was so not like the annoying, curt Kim Myungsoo I knew. He was stirring some antics; surprising, spontaneous and random ones that quizzed me. This side of him was unexpected, but I liked it. 

 

He shut the door to my side closed before rushing over to the driver's seat. As he got in, I pulled out the strap of the seatbelt and buckled, and he followed right after. Turning on the ignition, he maneuvered his way out. "So, what is this? Boyfriend service?" I inquired playfully. Frankly, I never asked to be driven here and there albeit that I knew he owned this fancy convertible. I knew that we were dating but I didn't really like taking advantage just because we were more than friends. This was purely his choice, to which I was of course thankful to. But still, I was questioning his motive. 

 

"You can call it like that. I was free and since you had morning classes, I thought I'd pick you up," he answered. "The mansion's within a walking distance, though," I simply uttered. He then side-glanced me, I could tell from his peripheral gaze that he was judging me. "So I should stop picking you up from classes especially when the weather's getting colder like this?" his eyebrow was arched, and I knew that he was simply messing around with me. Darn it. Why did we have to know each other for so long already? Playing hard to get in this relationship just wouldn't do. He could sense what I was thinking right away.

 

"No one said to stop," I scoffed and he smiled contentedly. Fine, he won. I was liking this boyfriend service or whatever people called this. People giving you a ride home instead of you having to walk would be nice, I guessed.

 

With one final turn at the T-junction, he started to slow down his car and soon came to a stop. We arrived at the white, colossal mansion, parked right behind of another car who seemed to be one of the Pinkf(x) members. Make that sisters. She seemed familiar from the back, like one of those unnies in the committee. I could tell she was having a hard time trying to bring out all the groceries from the boot of her car. I unbuckled my seatbelt and quickly walked out to help her. Myungsoo did the same after he turned off the ignition. 

 

"Do you need help?" it was out of courtesy kind of question. Myungsoo and I rushed over to help her as she turned around. "Oh, thank goodness, you're here! And Myungsoo, too! Perfect! These groceries are in need of some man help." She handed some of the heavy plastic bags to Myungsoo and a few to me. After she grabbed hold of the rest of the bags, she closed the boot, locked the car and motioned us to move into the mansion.

 

Luna opened the door for us with her one remaining free hand and we fluttered towards the pantry and laid all of the plastic bags on the marbled counter. As soon as we managed to get the load off, we all heaved a sigh of relief. Myungsoo and I involuntarily sat on the bright red stools and Luna stood behind the counter, wiping imaginary sweats on her forehead. "Whew! Next time, two people should go grocery shopping," Luna muttered. "Thanks for helping, guys. I thought I might needed eight arms earlier to get all these inside."

 

"No problem," Myungsoo replied, short and simple. "Why did you buy so many of these anyway?" that was some grocery shopping, I could tell. "Oh well, apparently, our pantry stock was out by last week and getting everyone's orders to buy this and that, I might have bought more than I could handle." "There should be more people doing groceries then. In Infinite, Dongwoo hyung made sure to force two pledges to go grocery shopping with him, always," Myungsoo was giving us an insight on how things were in Infinite instead. "Know what, maybe I should do that. But I think Amber might need to come with me too."

 

Luna was always the sweet, motherly person of the group. Her smile was the warmest and she woke up the earliest too, always preparing breakfast for all of us, with the help of a few pledges of course. She had been very amicable and affable from the moment we met her at the rush party. Maybe that was why she was appointed as the head of philanthropy and treasurer for this sorority. She seemed like a good, mother-natured unnie that would be there whenever one of us would be in trouble. Albeit her goody two-shoes personality, she still held a significant role in the sorority; the peacemaker.

 

If Victoria seemed to never be able to hold back her anger, she would be there to calm her down. If Amber was too harsh on the punishments, Luna would try consult her to tone it down. If Bomi would be having slight misunderstandings with Eunji especially since these past few weeks, she would be the judge. If anyone of us was on the brink of getting kicked out of Pinkf(x), she would be the rational one to voice out that maybe everyone should think twice. And her voice did count.

 

"Oh, by the way, congrats you two," her eyes sparkled as she intently looked at the two of us. Myungsoo and I exchanged weird glances, not comprehending the situation. "If there was a couple to be born between Infinite and Pinkf(x), I would know too, alright." Myungsoo snickered as I could only feel heat rushing to my cheeks. Unknowingly, I fanned myself. Just earlier I was cold to the bones but now things were different. The atmosphere was hot and the worst part was, I was the only one feeling it. It had been a few weeks since we started going out but still, I couldn't get use to acknowledge it in front of other people.

 

Myungsoo was the opposite though, he was enjoying it.

 

 

 

Friday night was always the busiest night in campus. There would always just be some sort of party, some sort of event, some sort of mixer going around in if not one, two fraternities and sororities. Music would be blasted without a care, not until the security came and gave them a warning. But if anything about sororities and fraternities had taught me, it was that they had the best ways to avoid getting caught. Because if you do, it would cost some blue ribbon points for the sorority or fraternity you're in. And that was not good.

 

This night was no different. Myungsoo's car screeched as he braked, he then swiftly parked his car by the sidewalks barricading the wild fraternity from the main road in campus. "We're here," Myungsoo announced as if that wasn't obvious enough. It wasn't just the two of us together, Eunji was at the backseat too. She had pleaded Myungsoo and I to let her ride his car this once albeit the fact that we didn't mind at all. She had blew Hoya off earlier, their fight still hadn't subsided. He showed up at the mansion's front door, looking all handsome, sporting a spiked-up hair and a denim shirt with ripped jeans. He offered to give Eunji a ride to the homecoming party but with a straightforward rejection from the exuberant girl, all his efforts were left in vain.

 

"Just be careful, alright?" Myungsoo was concerned with both of us, I knew that. "We're not kids, Myungsoo. Geez, relax," Eunji wasn't going to listen to anybody that night. She seemed like she wanted to party to the max due to her annoyance towards Hoya. I was worried of her answer. She couldn't even handle alcohol that well, let alone wildly party. Tonight's party was at a fraternity called Teen Top, a frat known for throwing the wildest parties. They were the sneakiest however, they could avoid getting caught with this system that they applied. I was also being warned that there was a notorious player in Teen Top by the other unnies. Eunji didn't seem to care though.

 

"Are you sure that you girls would be fine on your own?" he asked again and Eunji rolled her eyes. He did offer to stick by my side the whole night but I assured him it was okay. He needed to party with the other frat boys as well, being the MVP he was. "Just checking," Myungsoo surrendered. "Let's go party!" Eunji screamed before getting out of the vehicle and I ran out to follow her. Eunji was pretty scary when she was mad. Haish, I wished she would just make up with Hoya already. It wasn't that big of a deal, really.

 

FIrst step into the mansion and it already bothered me. Alcohol reeking, music blasting, people 'mingling' here and there. It was not like the other mixers I had been to, this was on another level. But as it was deemed 'the hottest party of the year,' everyone just had to be there. Eunji fearlessly walked in, as if she was used to all of this before. I tried to catch up, I vowed to stay by her side the whole night just in case she decided to do something stupid. But this girl wouldn't stay still. Just as she was amazed with every interior of the huge mansion, she kept walking deeper into the mansion. I had a hard time keeping up with her. At this rate, it felt like I was a nanny for a three year-old.

 

"Oh my god!" that was her second oh my god for the day, and I struggled to pass through the massive crowd of people. What could happen now? 

 

"I am so sorry!" I saw her brushing off someone's white jacket, stains of beer clearly seen on it. "Hey, hey, it's okay," the guy with blonde hair assured. "Oh my god, what should I do?! I am really, really sorry. It wasn't on purpose, I swear!" she flabbergasted. I quickly walked over to her, she really was panicking then. "Eunji, are you okay?" actually, I should be asking the guy, but he wasn't my roommate that swore to party all night just because of a fight with a boy. In fact, I didn't even know the guy. "Soojung?"

 

But apparently, he did.

 

"Urm, do I know you?" I inquired carefully. I was sure that I didn't know anyone blonde so far, but he seemed to really know me as he exclaimed, "It is you! The legacy stood Kai up," he stated as if it was a good thing. I grimaced, had that news not die down yet? It had been a couple of weeks since the incident and yet, people still managed to greet me and say 'oh it's the girl that rejected Kai.' It wasn't the best first impression to anyone who didn't have a clue of who I was. Well, now they certainly knew me as the girl who rejected EXO's MVP, Kai.

 

He handed out his right hand to me, completely ignoring the fact that he had beer-stained jacket. "I'm L.Joe, Teen Top's very own event planner, but titles are boring unless you're the president. Just like how lame that sounded when I introduced myself," he smiled awkwardly and I chuckled inwardly. He was interesting, I thought. "Well, I'd introduce myself but I guess nothing could top a heartbreaker title for Jung Soojung," I cynically quipped. It was true. I was the heartbreaker at the moment, and I was a girl. A little peculiar but it made sense.

 

A few intentional coughs caused us to look at Eunji, still standing there awkwardly. Oh god, I totally forgot to introduce her. "Right, this is my roommate, Eunji." He smirked before offering a handshake. She could only blush as he continued to stare at her directly as they shook their hands. This guy was strangely smooth in his ways. Like as if he didn't need anybody to teach him how to charm a girl you just met. I was feeling uneasy, but then I just shook it off. Maybe I was overreacting. Maybe I was being overprotective. Eunji is a big girl, she could do whatever she liked. 

 

But for some reason, that uneasy feeling kept on bugging me.

 

"Soojung-ah," the voice calling me cut me off my entrance and all three of us looked to see him. "We need to talk," his words were short but I kind of felt tensed all of a sudden. His legs walked away right after, as if wanting me to follow him to somewhere else. I looked at Eunji, worried to leave her behind with some suspicious guy she just met. "Just go. It looks important," she ushered me to follow him. I was reluctant, my eyes never leaving hers. "It's okay, Soojung. Go!" she pushed me slightly, causing my feet to stagger away. I heaved out a small sigh before catching up with him.

 

He entered one of the rooms on the first floor, it wasn't locked surprisingly. I followed suit as I fidgeted with the hems of my satin blouse. What would he say? Why did this feel so awkward? Oh my, I hated to be in this situation.

 

"I've decided," he started talking as soon as I closed the door. "I can't give up on you now. No matter how much I want to, I just can't. I guessed I like you more than I thought," Kai blurted out. My head instantly shot up and our eyes met. "What do you mean?" his words earlier, it just made me uneasy. Gosh, why was I feeling uneasy this whole night? "Just let me be by your side, Soojung-ah. Please. At least...at least until I can make up my mind confidently to move on from you."

 

I gulped. This, I did not see it coming.

 

"But Myungsoo..." I tried to reason. "Please, Soojung-ah," he stepped closer towards me as I unknowingly stepped behind. Was Kai being real? Was it even possible for us to return back to before? Wouldn't it be awkward to just be friends with someone who confessed to you? I didn't know how to respond. I was out of words, his decision got me feeling even more uneasy. It was like there was something at the pit of my stomach and I couldn't seem to shake it off. I was being put in an awkward position then. It was the first time my best friend decided that he wanted to be more than that. And so, I didn't know how to handle this.

 

The door to the room was swung open, revealing the last person that I wanted to walk into this room. "What are you guys doing?" Myungsoo's brows were creasing as he stepped inside. He didn't look pleased. Well, what boyfriend would? I was alone with Kai, in a room, and that distance from where we were standing earlier wasn't really comforting for him either. Myungsoo walked towards me and pushed me to his back protectively. "What are you trying to do to my Soojung?" Kai scoffed, he wasn't too amused with how Myungsoo called me. "You guys just dated for a few weeks and now she's yours? Give me a break," Kai retorted. What the hell? Was he crazy? Was he purposely trying to fire Myungsoo up?

 

"Well, she's certainly isn't yours. I, and everyone else would clearly remember how she rejected you," Myungsoo spatted. Oh great, now these two would be at it again! Ugh, it wasn't enough that their frats were rivals, and now this? "Oh it isn't over. I am going to take her away from you and show her who's the one who would be there for her." It was Myungsoo's turn to scoff this time, he craned his neck as if he was preparing for a fight.

 

Maybe he really was. Because the next thing I knew, he pushed Kai to the back, until he landed on the bed behind him. My eyes widened, this wasn't going to be good. "Myungsoo, don't. Just don't fight, okay?" I rushed to hold him back but with another provoke, my words didn't even make it to his ears. "That's all you got?"

 

"Kai, stop it! Myungsoo, just please! Let's get out of here," I pleaded. Kai easily got up and straightened his jacket, cracking his knuckles in the process. He was ready for the next move when a loud piercing scream from next door halted him. "That sounds like next door," I remarked. "Get off of me!" that familiar voice got us alerted. I ran out of the room, not caring if Myungsoo and Kai were to fight at all. The music outside was blaring but I could hear her screams becoming louder as I neared the door. Pushing the door knob down, I swung the door open and gasped.

 

Eunji looked at me, her eyes were helpless and pleading. She was terrified. It was the first time I see her so scared, her eyes were always full of life and bright. But then, tears brimmed at the well of her eyes. I felt a sudden fire blazing inside of me seeing them. But before I could make a move, Myungsoo stepped in and punched L.Joe square in the face without a second thought. "," he spatted towards the lying L.Joe on the floor. He used his thumb to dab over the little blood coming from the cut near his lips. As if he was amused, he chuckled as he smirked. I immediately went and pulled Eunji away, hugging her tightly.

 

"Are you okay? Did he do anything to you? Are you hurt? I'm so sorry for leaving you, I know that I should have -" Eunji started crying, shutting me off completely. She buried her face into my embrace, slightly shocking me. It was the first time she seemed so weak and fragile to me, contrasting her usual gregarious and loud self. I pulled her tighter, patting her head in the process. "It's okay, it's okay," I whispered. I wasn't actually that good in consoling people and so those were the only words I could say. My heart softened at Eunji's tears but my eyes were glaring the latter who was responsible for this. He deserved that hit in the face. I was kind of grateful towards Myungsoo in a way, for standing up against Eunji. 

 

"What's going on?" Hoya barged into the room, breaking the barricade of crowd already surrounding the door entrance of this room. By now, I realized that everyone's attention was turned towards us instead of the party. Dongwoo and Woohyun followed behind and I could see two other boys who went straight to help L.Joe up. "You're okay, bro?" the one with chestnut-brown hair propped his hand to help his friend to stand up. "I'm fine," L.Joe dusted off his grey shirt, one that I thought he changed into after the beer-spilling incident earlier. "It's not my fault, okay? She was all over me. I'm just giving her what she wants. We just started kissing and you just had to interrupt," his gaze landed on mine and I didn't budge. If anything, I felt like giving Myungsoo a help to distort that pretty face of his.

 

"I'm sorry, Soojung. I was just trying to make oppa jealous but then I guessed I got carried away. I tried pushing him away, I really did! But he-he-" Eunji blurted, her cheeks were stained with tears that melted her mascara away. She started hiccuping then and I could see Hoya feeling slightly guilty. It wasn't his fault, she was the one who kept on pushing him away after one small past revelation. Myungsoo on the other hand went and held that L.Joe guy by his collar, he was not going to let him go that easily. "You're really asking for it, you know!" he was about to take another swing for another hit. Hoya stepped in, grabbing his wrist and held him back. "Hyung," Myungsoo was unexpecting Hoya to behave so rationally at times like these. His actions were just unforgivable.

 

Myungsoo's hand was brought back to his side. Everyone was still at the moment, only music was playing in the background. But without another warning, L.Joe was once sent again to the floor. It happened in a split second and I saw that Eunji went agape at this. Hoya had gave him a piece of his mind, right after he stopped Myungsoo from doing so. I was shocked too. For once I thought that Hoya was trying to think rational and all, but I was glad he didn't. "If you ever mess with her again, let's just say I won't stop from just hurting your face," Hoya sternly said. Chestnut Hair and his friend rushed immediately to L.Joe's side, who seemed to be hurting more this time. "Hy-hyung, your nose's bleeding," the other guy stuttered, pointing at his nose. It was true. Blood was gushing out non-stop.

 

"Security's coming! This party is over! Dismiss, I repeat, dismiss!" one of Teen Top's lower committees hollered as soon as the music was stopped. Everyone became alerted and started to flutter away. As if this incident wasn't pressing, they all ran out to save their own lives. Kai was rooted at the threshold of this room until Chen came and dragged him away. He was reluctant, I could tell, but he eventually gave in and ran out like everybody else. "We need to go and cover up. Let's go, Byunghun-ah," Chestnut Hair once again helped the latter to stand up with L.Joe's hand dangling over his shoulder. " you guys," L.Joe managed to retort.

 

"We should get going. Eunji, can you run?" Myungsoo inquired. She nodded and we rushed out of the room to try and get into Myungsoo's car. I could see the others doing the same, getting into their own vehicles and sped off. Myungsoo lunged into the driver's seat and so did Eunji, Hoya and I into the passenger's seats. He immediately stepped on the gas and made a steep U-turn to which all had to hold tight on something. "This is a one-way!" Hoya screamed. "I know," Myungsoo sped away, the meter went up as he stepped on more gas. At this rate, he could be a professional racer to be honest. Teen Top was located way on the other end of this road and so it could take some time to get onto the main road that connected to the rest of the sororities. 

 

A blinding light was focused onto us but Myungsoo didn't slow down. I widened my eyes as I realized that there was another car oncoming in front of us. "Stop the car! Stop the car!" I repeated and my hand kept on hitting Myungsoo unconsciously. Hoya was right that this was crazy to be driving at a one-way lane. Myungsoo rapidly hit the brakes but I couldn't bear to look. I closed my eyes as I heard Eunji screaming at the back. 3, 2, 1....It finally stopped. No thud, no crashing sound. I opened my eyes slowly and heaved out a sigh of relief as I realized that we didn't hit the oncoming car.

 

But then, I realized something even worse. The car had stopped right in front of us too. And it wasn't just any car, it was the security. "Oh my god," Eunji uttered. Only by her third OMG for the day did I realize that- "we are so dead."

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

»  hey! so here's your author who haven't updated in like forever. so sorry but i guess i kind of got a writer's block but now that i've found my original notes for the story, i guess that would help. it's a new year, and had been 2 weeks now, but i wish you all a great 2015 ahead! heheh, thanks so much to those who still subscribed and commented. much love, skywriterV xx