Song Producing

✿ goddess l SM Ent.'s new girl group
TnmV6KC.gif
  song producing。
  july 4, 2014
"Jung Daehyun is so annoying" Seoul complained and put her phone down, she placed in her pocket and crossed her arms. "You've been arguing for the last two hours, you know? It's a miracle your phone isn't low on battery yet" Sojee said, with her arm resting on the studio table.

The sub-unit, Daisy, composed of Vee, Vivian, and Sojee are going to record their sub-unit debut song. They are waiting for a past few hours for the co-producer to show; Seoul started and ended arguing with Daehyun, still he hasn't showed up.

"I thought you like Daehyun" Sojee teased, at this point she and Seoul are the only ones awake. The five others have fallen asleep, most probably because of boredom. That's how long they've been waiting and they still don't know who is that 'mystery' co-producer is. "I liked Daehyun. Emphasize on liked" Seoul said and slouched more on the studio's sofa. "Oh really" Sojee said, her tone unbelieving Seoul. "Please, you are my bestie here! Support me!" Seoul replied and threw a pillow on her. Sojee caught the pillow and giggled. "Okay, fine" she simply said.

"Sorry, I'm late. Super late" the boy said after opening the door and entering. The five girls suddenly jolted up awake while Seoul and Sojee stared at him, Hyunsoo went back to sleeping when she saw who it was. "So you are the mystery co-producer?" Seoul asked, pointing at him. "Yes, I am" Henry said, removing his coat and putting in on the coat hanger.

"So, um, Sojee, Vivian, and Vee. Here's your lyrics" he handed them the lyrics. Vee struggled a little bit to Hyunsoo's firm grip of her arms. "I'm really sorry, I got you all waiting for hours" Henry apologized again. "Two hours to be exact" Vee said in a matter-of-factly but in a joking way. All of them laugh, including Henry. "Maybe two hours and three minutes?" he kidded around.

"Why did you took long, sunbae?" Vivian asked after looking at the lyrics sheet. "Recording went wrong for another album track, we fixed the melodies and recorded in for another hour, it's for my upcoming mini album" Henry honestly answered and sat in the producer's comfy chair.

"Um, guys, I need to go the other side of Gangnam" Arin said, standing up. "Where are you going, unnie? I mean, where in Gangnam?" Jenny asked. "Probably on JYPE building" Vivian joked, then Hyunsoo suddenly started snoring. "Yah! I can't resist his offer! It's still free food!" Arin demanded and walked closer towards the door. "Or you can't resist Taec-oppa?" Jenny said then giggled. "Whatever, just, I'll be back in an hour or so. Oh, and Sojee, do you want me to say hi to Jackson for you?" Arin finally dismissed the conversation, giggled and went out. Sojee just kiddingly roleld her eyes, making everyone laugh. "Take your time, unnie!" Vivian shouted at her. "Yah, since we aren't going to be involved in the recording, let's go visit Jaebum-oppa" Jenny asked Vivian to be her companion, since she knows she can't refuse. Vivian smiled mouthly and said a fast, "okay". The two bid goodbye before getting out.

"I'm going to TS, I wanna give Daehyun a taste of his own medicine" Seoul said and started to get up when Sojee grabbed her wrist, bringing her down. "Please, you are my bestie here! Support me!" Sojee repeated what Seoul said earlier. "Okay, fine, I don't have anyone to come with me, so yeah" Seoul said and again slouched. Sojee lightly patted her head. "Good~" Sojee cooed. But Seoul teasingly slapped her hand away, "yeah, yeah. I'm not a dog".

"Okay, now, we're going to record first Vee's lines. So could you, pretty lady, get into the booth?" Henry commanded and turned his chair around facing the record booth. Vee put on the headphones hanging on one of the standees and placed her lyrics sheet on the holder. "Ready pretty lady?" he signaled a thumbs-up. Vee smiled, affirming she's ready.

Vee started to sing her lines but Henry stopped her after just singing two. "Is there a problem?" she mouthed, no sounds could be heard because of the soundproofing. "Yeah, there is actually" Henry said through the mic so Vee could hear him. "Am I singing it wrong?" Vee seemed to be a little nervous and thinking she's in trouble, but she really isn't.

"Yeah, you are" Henry said but with an evident smile in his face. Vivian, Seoul, and Sojee looked at each other, communicating through their eyes. Hyunsoo started to snore a little more loudly than usual. Henry finally entered the booth, holding a pen. He got Vee's lyrics sheet and wrote something. Vee thinks it's just to remind her what words to stress out when singing.

"Now sing it, the words I wrote on the top, in the tone of the song you are recording" Henry instructed and put his hands on his pocket. Vee started singing, "my number is 82-563-9457, what is yours, pretty lady?", her singing did not go as expected. Vee glanced at Henry, who found himself laughing. "Are you serious?" Vee asked, removing her headphones.

"I'm sending 1-4-3~" Henry started singing his own song but even though the four girls can't hear anything outside, it's enough to make them facepalm.