D-2 Goddess' Debut

✿ goddess l SM Ent.'s new girl group
TnmV6KC.gif
  showcase。
  june 29, 2014

"Are they there? Oh my dear God" Hyunsoo said after taking a peek from backstage. The seven glamorous girls are preparing for their much-awaited showcase, and they expect to have a good amount of people waiting for them outside. It's their first time to perform in front of a large group of spectators so these girls are really nervous.

"Do I look okay?" the team's maknae, Vivian asked. Sojee nodded and patted her back, "we're going to be alright, saeng" Sojee comforted. Seoul then back-hugged Sojee from the waist, "I am so nervous" she said as she rested her chin onto Sojee's shoulder. "Hey, we will be okay" Sojee promised and patted her head. "Hyunsoo-ya, come here and I'll fix your hair! Tsk, so messy" Vee scolded Hyunsoo a bit but still sounded motherly. Hyunsoo went to Vee and sat down to prepare.

"Jenny-unnie, is your brother going to be here?" Vivian asked excitedly, pretty giddy even. Jenny slide on the lip balm on her lower lip and smacked it to make the color even. "Yup" she simply answered and noticed Vivian smile a little wider, which made her smile as well. "C'mon girls, we will be on any second now, kaja, kaja!" the leader, Arin, commanded. The six girls obliged and went on to the side of the stage and began taking instructions from the PDs.

"You'll be on stage on ten seconds" a PD reminded, all of them nodded and understood. "Okay girls, this is it. We are going to make it big. Hands in" Arin motivated them and her members put their hands in. They all look pretty nervous, but still excitement, determination, and happiness can be seen on these girls' perfect faces. "Goddess fight!" all of them exclaimed and let their hands flow with the air. This is it, this is going to be it.

The stage lights came on one by one and two sparklers came on from the front stage, signaling they must be onstage. BEAST's instrumental version of Midnight came on, and the girls skidded to the stage and started to sing, facing all the people and overcoming their fear but at the same time, making their dreams come true.

No, they are not going to sing their own songs, they are singing other artist's songs, even the one's not coming from their company. The plan is to not reveal their songs before their debut, that's their hype, that's their way to make people more excited and anticipate them. Their strategy is to execute the performances in their own way. Goddess is all about originality and standing out from the rest.

After their intro song, the girls stopped in the center of the stage, forming a straight line. "Goddess fight! Annyeong haseyo, Goddess-imnida" all of them greeted with enthusiasm. One by one, the girls started to introduce theirselves in their own way.

"Annyeong haseyo, Arin-imnida, Goddess Hera. I'm the leader & lead vocalist of Goddess"
"Ppyong~ ppyong~! Hyunsoo-imnida! Goddess' main vocalist and the cutest of them all"
"Yo, what's up? Jenny-imnida, Goddess' awesome main dancer!"
"Hollaback, Seoul-imnida! Goddess' main rapper!"
"'Nyeong! Kyeopta Sojee-imnida~ face of the group and lead rapper~"
"Hi! Vee-imnida, Goddess' visual and actor of the group!"
"Don't believe what Hyunsoo-ah says, I'm the cutest! Vivian-imnida, maknae and lead dancer of Goddess"

After introducing themselves, the leader then spoke into her mic, exuding with confidence and charisma as she can see at their first song performance, the crowd already did like them, the only thing she could do is to think what could they do to make the people fall in love with them even more.

"And now, for our next performance our version of GOT7 sunbaes' Follow Me! Please do enjoy it" Arin announced and the girls smooted their outfits and got ready as the crowd's cheers got louder.

The seven girls sang, rapped, and danced while giving their all and showing the best they got. After executing such a lively and refreshing performance, the dancer line, Vivian, Seoul, and Jenny, pulled off their sleek moves to the song called Sometimes by Crush, in which they choreographed the dance themselves. It then proceeded by the performance of the vocal line, Arin and Hyunsoo, they sang Davichi's Starry Night beautifully which melted all of the spectators hearts. The heart-wrenching ballad is then followed by a powerful rap performance by the rapper line, Seoul & Sojee. They did their own girl duo version of Miryo ft. Rude Paper's Revenger, in which blew the crowd away by their strong rapping skills.

The crowd is then surprised by the appearance of EXO's D.O, Sehun, Kai, and Suho when they performed with Vee their own version of HIGH4 & IU's hit song, Not Spring, Love, or Cherry Blossoms. People are full of glee and smiled at the performance's cuteness and freshness. The girls then split themselves after the EXO members and Vee's performance, to their respective sub-units.

The first to perform is Aphrodite, carrying out their rendition of Girl's Day's Expect Me. Aphrodite showed their y aura and fierceness that is actually the concept of the said sub-unit. After the the performances, the members of Aphrodite went closer to the people located at the front at made a little small talk.

"Do you like our performance?" Arin asked, motherly in a way. The crowd just responded with an enthusiastic shout and cheers, you could even hear clapping. "Wow, thank you, that's overwhelming" Arin thanked them and bowed her head a little. "Thank you for the support, we will really work hard for the the future" Jenny showed her gratitude in English. "Yes, wow-- this is really great. Fighting Goddess and Aphrodite!" Seoul put her fists into the air, raising the energy even more. "But wait, Arin-unnie, another lovely sub-unit is going to present right?" Jenny asked, Seoul nodded and thought she has a future in MCing. "Yes, and please welcome, Daisy!" Arin opened the stage for Daisy.

Daisy sang and danced to SECRET's I Do, I Do, putting an elegant but fluffy and light feel for the audience. Like what the girls of Aphrodite did, they give the audience a small talk. "Wow, that's refreshing" Vivian said and sat at the stage's edge. "No, that's tiring" Sojee remarked which made the people crack up. "Even though we ran out of sub-units--" Vee was cut off by the audience's amusing laugh. Vee also smiled and smacked her head lightly, "we still have our dear soloist, which is also the group's main vocalist, powerhouse vocal Lim Hyunsoo!" Vee continued and the crowd gave a round of applause for Hyunsoo.

Daisy went backstage and gave the stage to Hyunsoo, in which she showcased her one of a kind vocal talent to her version of Hyorin's Closer. After Hyunsoo performed, the group reunited once again at the stage for their final presentation for their showcase, their original song, but not included to their album's tracklist, Can We Love?, which featured the vocals of SHINee's Jonghyun and sang with them onstage, once again, surprising the guests with an another guest performer.

The showcase was deemed finished and succesful when the seven girls bowed at unison and thanked all that who attended which can be approximately estimated as a thousand to thousand and a half people. The seven girls started breathing lightly, now that they know their chances of making it big in the industry increased in doubles.