Group

WORST COUPLE

Mr.Park opened the class only to find most of us were sleeping. He hit the table hard and woke all of us. He was smiling brightly; I guess he couldn’t be patient enough to give us assignment to do during this long summer holiday or probably too happy that he won’t need to see us for the next 2 months.

“Today is our last day this semester and I want to say thank you for your cooperation all this time.” He said, bouncing up and down by himself. “But I can’t really give you guys’ holiday without assignment, can I? So I prepared this assignment to do in partner and I need you to submit the paper later on first day of third semester. It’s not that hard considering you have 2 whole months to do this thing.”

Some of the boys booed at him and some rolled their eyes. Disappointment could be heard everywhere, including Chaerin who almost throw some books to Mr.Lee.

“Do we pick our own partner or you decide?” one of the girls asked.

Mr.Lee smiled. “You guys can choose.”

The boys turned around and most of them were staring at Chaerin. Chaerin probably doesn’t know this, but most of the guys from our class actually have a crush on her. What not? Chaerin is pretty, with her petite body and her cuteness; every single guy would fall for her. Too bad she has a bad temper and that’s what refrain the guys from getting closer to her.

“What?” She asked around, oblivious about what happened.

“I guess they want to be your partner.” I whispered, kind of annoyed that this sassy diva doesn’t know about her popularity yet.

“They wish. I’m with yo-“ She hasn’t finished yet when Jimin stood in front of us. Of course he would ask Chaerin, I think I’m ready to let her go but then he was smiling, at – me?

“Hi, uh, Lee Hyeri.” He scratched the back of his head. “Uh, how about make a group with me?” the girls behind him were staring at me scarily. I know they wouldn’t let their prince together with me. I have no idea why Jimin even ask me to.

My jaw dropped and I don’t know about Chaerin, I’m too shocked to care. He smiled again, the same smile when he first deceived us. Is that mean bad?

“You know, I think our group will be perfect with me and you. How?” He asked again. This time I turned to Chaerin and I could see her jaws dropped too. I was too speechless to respond.

Without realizing I secretly took a look at Taehyung from the corner of my eyes. This is weird since I kind of wish he would ask me to form a group together. But he didn’t move an inch from his place. If he really did I would tell Jimin to go together with Chaerin. I’m so confused, really. Is ignoring Jimin would be a better option?

“You know.” Chaerin is the first time to break the silence. “Hyeri, why don’t you just agree?” she asked.

“But how about-“ she cut my words and pulled me to the back of class.

“Sorry, discussion time.” Chaerin held her hand up towards Jimin and smiled. What is Chaerin up to again?

“What?” I asked as I pulled my hands back.

“Accept his offer, Hyeri.” She whispered. I frowned.

“No, I’m with you.”

“Look, if you don’t take him those scary girls will take him!” She warned. “And you can make me closer with him if you are befriending him!”

“Why the hell you don’t ask him with you?” I asked.

“Excuse me, my cutie friend. In case you don’t know I’m Lee Chaerin, and there is no way for Lee Chaerin ask people first. Got it?” she asked and I rolled my eyes. I know she actually is disappointed that Jimin didn’t ask her but this isn’t the way.

“Pretty please?” She asked with her puppy eyes.

Oh things I do for my best friend.


 

 

“Group with me?” Taehyung suddenly came out of nowhere and asked when I and Chaerin were eating at the cafeteria. We both look up again and Chaerin stared at me weirdly.

“Are you that good at group work since seems like everyone asked you.” She whispered and I shrugged. She is overreacting I guess, only Jimin and Taehyung asked me so far and there is like 44095023842 guys asked her already.

I looked at him and disappointed he didn’t ask me earlier. He is late, really.

“I’m sorry but Jimin asked me first so….”

Taehyung seemed surprised. I got a bit offended though; an ugly girl like me can have someone ask her to do something together too, right?

“Jimin? Park Jimin?”

“Yeah.” I answered shortly. I hope he didn’t see my disappointment since it’s too embarrassing to admit.

“Don’t” he said and stopped me from eating. “Not him.”

“What?” I asked, confused. What’s wrong with having a group with Jimin.

“Listen, he is not a good guy. Just… don’t.”

Surprisingly I believed his words but Chaerin next to me seems to be offended by it. She stood up and hit Taehyung’s arm, hard.

“Who the hell are you to say things like that?” She asked angrily. That moment I realized Chaerin is really fall for jimin.

“I don’t talk to you.” He said to Chaerin, not harsh enough but I could feel the tension.

“My friend can do anything she wants without your concern. Don’t listen to her, Hyeri, let’s go!”

And that how we left Taehyung behind. This is bad, I don’t think Chaerin would let me talk to Taehyung again next time.