Friends

WORST COUPLE

"Wake up, Mr.kim!" Mr.Lee yelled and threw the board's eraser toward Taehyung's head. It hit his head accurately and made the young boy woke up in confusion. He looked around before realizing that he is in a class and shouldn't be sleeping.

"You went missing for a week, telling me you were visiting your sick grandmother and I could accept that, but sleeping in class is intolerable, young man. Go stand outside and think about what you've done!" Another long nag from the teacher followed by some giggles by most of the girls. Some of them were whispering around about how good looking but stupid Kim Taehyung is.

Haven't fully regain his consciousness, Taehyung stood up, ignoring the class' attention thrown straightly at him and took his time leisurely walked out of the class.

"Pabo." One of Jimin's friends said out loud but gained nothing from the boy since he was just ignoring him.

Taehyung stood outside the classroom, right next to the door. His back was leaning against the wall. He is so sleepy and decided this is way much better than had to forcefully listen how the teacher boasting about what he knows about that damn history.

He almost fell asleep while standing up when the door opened. He looked to his right and realized Lee Hyeri is the one who came out. She looked around like she was looking for something.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asked, confused. As much as he could remember Hyeri is not a troublemaker. She always stays out of trouble so there is no reason for the teacher to tell her standing up outside the class. Or maybe she is going to restroom?

Hyeri was slightly taken aback by the question. She didn't expect Taehyung would be standing right next to her when she stepped out the door. Closing the door behind her, she put one hand on Taehyung's lips, preventing him to talk louder. His eyes widened upon seeing her acting like this.

"Sssh... I told the teacher I had to go to restroom..." she whispered. "Talk slowly."

Taehyung nodded and hyeri slowly released her hand from the boy's full lips.

Taehyung smirked mischievously and opened his mouth call the teacher "Mr.Lee........pfftttt" and Hyeri urgently covered his mouth again. He laughed inside, amused to tease the blushing girl in front of him.

With lots of efforts to convincce Hyeri that he wouldn't call the teacher again, hyeri put down her hand again.

"Seriously, go back to class. You can't miss history." He whispered.

"Why can't I?" Hyeri asked. Why he should be concerned about her study anyway.

"You will regret it. Midterm in 2 weeks, remember?"

"Ah that’s true." Hyeri scratched her not-so-itchy-head.

"Why are you here anyway? Probably... you miss me?" The boy asked, grinning widely. Hyeri realized how much he changed since they first met. He was such a cool guy back then, now he looks like a neighbor idiot who can only talk weirdly.

"No." Absolutely no, she thought. "you just seem so tired. I wonder if something bad happened. You sleep all the time and always go home with such a troubled face. Are you... probably having a trouble? I can help, you know."

Taehyung's face's colour changed. The smile on his face slowly disappeared, but he managed to quickly change it and smile again.

"Thanks, I appreciate that." He nudged Hyeri's shoulder slightly. "I'm okay though now you can go back to class."

Hyeri lift her head, staring at her friend in wonder. Did he lie? He doesn't look that fine.

Well but it's not her place to judge anyway.

"Okay, i'll go back." Hyeri said. She ended up standing there longer though, telling Taehyung an excuse that the teacher would smell something fishy if she got back from the restroom that fast.

Truth she just wanted to spend time longer with her so called friend.


"54th place! I have to call my mom now oh God I can't wait to hear how happy she is about this!!" Chaerin dramatically shouted and made a fuss about her grade. Hyerin smiled, genuinely happy about her friend's achievement. She worked hard to gain her place. 54 isn't that high but for someone who once was on 134th place (last one), 54 is more than enough.

Students were pushing around, crowding in front of the school's bulletin board. The grades for this semester are out already. Hyerin felt a bit dizzy though, being squeezed among these students, not to mention that some was glaring at her in disgust for standing on their way. Hyeri sighed. Being overweight doesn't mean she shouldn't be in the crowd to see her own grade, right?

 

Hyeri tried to search for her name. She targeted the lower list since she wasn't so sure that her grade would be that high.

 

"Hey!" Chaerin was the first one to spot her best friend's name. "5th place! Omg congraaatsss babyy." She hugged Hyerin right in the middle of those crowds. Some of them cringed but neither of both cared enough.

Hyerin smiled proudly. She never thought she would be on 5th place. This school is full of smart ones and she honestly didn't put much effort to study before.

 

"Hey look, jimin is number one!" Someone pointed out. Hyeri turned her head to check and it really is. She felt bad for being surprised but really, Jimin's style isn't the style who studies hard when the exams are approaching.

Little did she know Jimin was far behind, looking at the crowds with such a proud and cocky face.

Hyeri looked to her right and found some of the girls were laughing. "Taehyung must be soooo stupid! He is the last one!"

"Yea he only got the face." One of them added.

Hyerin refused to believe. Come one, he couldn't be that bad, right? But after checking the last place, the number 160, the name Kim Taehyung is clearly written there. Hyerin felt bad. If only she knew he would be that bad, she would've offered him any help sooner.

"Idiot! I don't know you are this bad!"A guy behind her laughed. Hyeri turned around only to found Taehyung and his friends were looking at the board too. One of the guy hit Taehyung's head playfully. Taehyung frowned.

"You are 159th place, just shut up already." Taehyung said and his gang of friends laughed again.

Hyeri wondered where Taehyung got these friends from. Some from them aren't from their class, she knows. Chaerin nudged her and whispered "I don't know Taehyung is befriending these bad guys."

 

Hyerin only shrugged. She met eyes with Taehyung but decides to go away without saying anything. His friends do scare the hell out of her.

 

She was about going to the canteen when Taehyung (and his group of friends) stopped her and Chaerin on their tracks.

 

"What's with the avoiding eyes?"Taehyung askes. He realized. "Anyway, congrats for being on 5th place!"

 

Hyeri could see the smirks from Taehyung's friend toward her. She prepared for the worst, in case if they would about her body again.

 

"Wow, Taehyung. I don't know you talk with this pig."

 

Hyeri's body tensed. The boys laughed out loud behind Taehyung and Hyeri is ready to cry. Chaerin was about to cut their head off but Taehyung cut her.

 

"Shut up, hoesok! She is better than your female skinny body."

 

The boys stopped laughing and looked devastated. For the first time in their life, they witnessed someone (beside Chaerin) is standing on the fatty's side. "You guys call her names again and I will really kick your ."

The boys really shut their mouth and awkwardly looked around, obviously scared. Hyeri wondered if the rumor that Taehyung is good at fighting is really true.

Taehyung turned his attention back to Hyeri and Chaerin whose eyes widened in shock. "Sorry they can't really keep their dirty mouths."Hyeri saw the boy is scratching his head. He looks really cute.

"Oh anyway,Gotta go, see you around." He said with a little smile. He walked away, followed by his friends who seemed a bit confused about what just happened earlier.

Chaerin was in shock. A deep shock. A guy, a handsome guy just defended her friend a while ago.

"Now I like this guy." She said after a long silence.