Late

WORST COUPLE

“YOU WHAT?!” So today is my second day of high school and the first thing I’ve ever known since I just woke up is am- late.

“I called you thousand times you moron! Wake up and come here quickly!” I heard Chaerin yelled over there. “The teacher isn’t here yet if you fast enough you can catch up.”

If I’m not in a hurry I would like to take this as a joke. It is very funny since when people think that I, Lee Hyeri, can walk fast? Let alone running. Without thinking twice I threw my phone to the bed and took a very quick shower. Oh why my alarm didn’t ring this morning? Or didn’t I hear it? Oh I must be a pig. I was sure I set my alarm to 6a.m and now its 7.45 am already.

With a swift move I’m now ready to go. The next harder question is: how do I reach school faster than usual?

Walking is obviously not an option here. It takes 30 minutes of walking and class starts in 15 minutes. But taking subway is not that promising either. Dad has been going to work since early morning I supposed. He always goes to work before I wake up.

Well I guess walking still an option.


 

I walked faster than usual and only took 20 minutes. Damn now my uniform is wet from my sweat. Chaerin texted me 5 minutes before, telling me that the teacher arrived already. Damn teachers, always on time whenever we need them to be late.

I could see the big building from far and mentally slapped my own self for one thing I forgot: The gate closed at 8am.

I ran as fast as I could and sadly stood before the gate. Too late. It’s too late. The security closed the gate already.

Disappointed? Yes. I feel so stupid now. Poor dad his daughter made another mistake again. Just when my thoughts were wandering around, someone kicked the gate that it made a really loud noise.

“Ajussi! Open the door!!” A boy shouted. I lift my head and saw a strange looking boy. He is wearing our school uniform, but he doesn’t look any near to neat. Messy orange hair, brown eyes, bandage on his arm, tie that tied messily, while chewing something I’m not so sure of. Probably gum.

“You know the rule, no entrance until school is over!” The security shouted back. But the boy didn’t stop. He kept on kicking the gate strongly.

Few kicks and he seemed to stop. He didn’t look tired at all; I guess he is just bored doing the same thing over and over again without any result.

“Dang lame ugly old man won’t let me in.” He said. He didn’t grumble or at least trying to hide his words. The security looked offended and tried his hard to suppress his anger.

He turned right and saw me, leaning to the gate.

We kept on staring for few moments until I realized that he wasn’t in a good mood and decided to look away.

I kept wishing that he would go so I can avoid any trouble but no, God didn’t grant my wish.

“Hey you fat girl.” He called.

“Ye-Yes?” I forced a coward smile and turned around. I know I shouldn’t turn over and I need to walk away quickly but I kept on standing there like a stupid person.

There he is, walking toward me without any expression. Even the way he walks is so snobbish, I hate it.

Thinking about it he looks like a beggar; a beggar with a school uniform.

“You can’t get in too?” He asked. I hesitantly nodded.

“How bout working together?” He asked and pointed at the backyard. He then walked off but I kept standing at my place. He turned back at me and took my hand in his.

“Come on, help me before I break your neck.”

Gulp.

It may look romantic but he held my hard too strong that it kind of hurt.

I have no choice than following him to the backyard. He took a look at the wall and thinking hard on how to get in. He didn’t mean to climb right because I seriously can’t.

“Listen, I got a good idea oh my I’m such a genius.” He suddenly being so excited it shown all over his face.

“I will bend down and you get on to my back and pass the wall. Then you can pull me up from the top so we can get in together.” He explained.

He must be kidding right. I’m like twice his size and he asked me to climb over him? I bet he isn’t on his right mind.

He started to bend down and waited for me to get on his back but I didn’t. I would kill him if I do. He is so… slim? He seems like he doesn’t have any meat on his body.

“Ya! Climb! Now!” he kind of shouted and that surprised me.

But that didn’t work. I can’t. I just can’t.

“I will break your back, really.”

“What? Of course no! You think I’m that weak?”

“Ye…s?” I hesitantly answered.

He got up and looked angry. That moment I realized that he has a good looking face. His weird style is the one to be blame if someone finds him isn’t attractive.

“I’m strong enough and you can’t look down on me like that.” He showed his anger. This is getting on my nervous. He shouldn’t be offended about this kind of little thing, right? I mean he can see himself that it’s impossible for me, the fatty, and the heavy one get onto his back. I’m not as light as feather!

“I didn’t say you aren’t strong enough and I never look down on you.” I calmly answered. Seriously what can I say anyway, it’s not like I’m not scared of him anyway.

“Then why won’t you get on my back? I said I can lift you up!”

“Are we seriously going to argue about this!? Can’t you see that I’m twice your size?”

I don’t have any intention to say this but he keeps on confronting me.

“Of course not! How much your weight? I’m 78.” He stated.

I started to laugh that some tears falling down from my eyes. I don’t know which one is funnier: the fact that I was about going to tell him my true weight, or the fact that he lied about his weight. Seriously, this kid can’t weight 78kg. He is around 60 I guess? Or maybe less than my prediction?

“Hey, what’s so funny?” He asked.

“78? You gotta be kidding me.” I kept on laughing.

“Hey, I’m not lying.”

“If you are 78 then I am 156kg. I’m twice your size, I said.”

“How is that so.” He scratched his head in frustration. Strangely he didn’t look any near to scary anymore. Being confused like this showed that he is just a normal person.

“Fine I was lying.” Finally he admitted. “I’m 62 and not proud about it. You can’t be 124kilos right?”

“I’m actually 90kilos…”

Gasp I really said that. The secret I kept was just said straightly in front of this guy. Even Chaerin doesn’t know about this. Even my dad, everyone! I feel so stupid right now.

“See? You aren’t twice my body! You are….” He stopped and looked up, mumbling something and then looked back at me again “Around one and half of my body!”

Did he just count that?

“Still… I can’t.”

“Just try it first. If we fail that’s okay. I won’t blame you if I got any injury, I swear.”

“still…”

“Don’t be scared, come on.”

And he started to bend down again. His position kept on changing to the funnier one and I find it was adorable.

I decided to trust him and put my left foot on his back. At the count of three, I climbed his back with both of my feet, holding to the wall to balance myself. I can feel him tremble and he suddenly fell.

I fell on top of him.

“Aww!” He groaned in pain.

“See? I told you!” I hurriedly stood up and offered my hand for him. He didn’t take that and stand by his own.

“Yeah your’ right…” He didn’t seem embarrassed.

“Are you okay? Let me see…” I took his hand and see bruised on his elbow. I gasped and tried to touch it.

“Hey what are you doing?!” He yelled a bit and then groaned in pain again, but he didn’t take his hand from me.

“I’m so sorry……..” I really am sorry for him. I shouldn’t trust him. I know he wouldn’t be able to hold my weight but stupidly still tried to do that.

“Not your fault, that’s okay.” He nudged my shoulder in a playful manner, but still with a poker face.

This time I do believe he isn’t a bad guy.

“I will bend down and you climb on top of me, it’s okay if I don’t attend school today, I will be okay.” I suggested.

He stared at me like I am the weirdest person in this world.

“What will you do with my bruise? You have to be responsible for this.” He said and took my hand again, walking off from the school.

“Wait, where will you take me? You said that wasn’t my fault!!” I asked, yelled, getting panicked as I see the building getting further and further.

“I don’t remember saying that.” He grinned and took me away.

I don’t know what kind of a guy he is.

 


 

-Author's note-

/Cry in a corner/

I'm so sorry this is so far the lamest chapter sobs this fells so wrong but so right

But i love this chapter...... The 'weird' guy is actually the one you have in mind. LOL

he is such a cutie isn't he~