Agreement

WORST COUPLE

It’s been weeks since I found out who that guy is. Kim Taehyung. The badass, the kingka, whatever they named him. That explained his messy look and his bandages actually. I have no intention going any near him. I don’t want to get involved in anything he does, and I hope he would just forget me and pretend like nothing happened between us.  I realized I spoiled my real weight to someone extremely dangerous and it’s just about time until he tells everyone about it.

Every time our eyes meet I would awkwardly change my direction or pretend to talk with Chaerin. I feel so stupid. Why I feel so limited in everything I do? I don’t think he cares anyway.

“Are you sure he forgets you already?” Chaerin once asked. “Because seems like he wants to talk with you?”

I laughed and shrugged. “You must be kidding me. It’s just your feeling.”

“Anyway he is handsome, don’t you think.” She asked. “Girls on our class talk about him all the time. They said he is hot, bla bla bla and other things I don’t want to hear. Even that girl who called me before.”

“So they changed from Jimin to Taehyung?” I asked. I took a look at Jimin and there he was, still surrounded by some girls.

“Not really, although they are y damn I must admit they are kinda loyal.” Chaerin said in a really serious way and I laughed.

I could feel someone stared for a really long time at me but I didn’t try to find who it was. People actually stared at me a lot so I should be used to this kind of thing.


 

Chaerin had to go home faster, her mom asked her to have lunch together. It’s 3pm so I guess that wasn’t counted as lunch anymore. Well since she rarely spends her time with her mom, I guess I won’t stop her.

It means I have to go home alone. I hate walking alone.

The corridor was crowded. Some kids were chatting around. As soon as I stepped there, some of them stare at me from head to toe. They even call me names I never heard before. Is this because Chaerin isn’t around?

“Hey piggy! Where’s your scary friend?” A boy yelled and their group of friends laughed loudly.

I quickly fastened my steps and pray no one would mock me again. Please, just leave me alone. Why won’t they getting tired of it? Is it that fun to make fun of someone else?

Just when the exit door was really close, a group of girls blocked my way. I lifted up my head and found it was the girl who called Chaerin few weeks ago.

“Ohh look who we got here.” She asked while grinned scarily.

Oh no. Please no.

I’m so scared. My head is spinning and my palms are sweating cold. I looked around to find that most of students there are staring at us. They must find us fun to watch.

“Where’s your friend, pig? Do you guys have fight?”

Come on Hyeri. Be calm.

“No and it has nothing to do with you. Go away.” I tried to go but they kept on blocking my way.

“NO!” one of the girl yelled. She then pushed my shoulder, hard. “Tell that friend of yours to not call our oppa as oppa! She is disgusting!”

Really? They went that far for Park Jimin?

“Listen, girl. She has right to call him however she wants. You have no ing business in this.” I tried to close the conversation. Even though I’m scared, still, I can’t show them how scared I am.

I pushed them again harder this time and they couldn’t block me again. They called me from behind with names but I didn’t care and kept on walking outside.

“BE CAREFUL NEXT TIME, PIG! YOU WITHOUT YOUR FRIEND ARE NOTHING!” She yelled.

As soon I stepped away from the school I fell to the ground. My knees were so weak I couldn’t stand up properly. Tears fell from my eyes, and I smiled. This isn’t a sadness tears. I’m just so proud of myself for doing a braver thing this time for myself.

“Good job, Hyeri.” I told myself.

“What good job?” Someone asked me out of nowhere. The road supposed to me empty, I saw earlier. Where did this guy come from?

I looked to my right and yelled, then pushed him away. Too close. His face was too close with mine.

And there he was, standing confusedly at me, Kim Taehyung.

“Why are you… crying?” He asked. I actually didn’t pay attention before but he got much more bandaged part of his body. Did he really fight a lot like how rumors said?

“Not your business.” I stood up and started to walk away. He followed me behind.

“Listen, fatty, I think probably you are mad because I didn’t take you home that day…” He started. I kept on walking, pretend like I didn’t hear him.

“But you can’t be like that either. Seems like you are avoiding me, you always walk away whenever I’m around.”

I turned around and looked at him straight in his eyes. He seemed a bit surprised though.

“You really think I’m avoiding you because of that?” I asked. This is getting ridiculous. He really didn’t need to take me home ad he should know that.

“I don’t know.” He answered honestly.

“You call me fatty, that’s why.” I lied. I actually believed the rumor about him and I’m scared with this kind of person, even though my heart told me that he is not dangerous, at least to me.

“Yeah that’s because I don’t know your name…” He defended himself. I stared at him in disbelief. So what he has been doing all the time at class? I’m pretty much sure the teacher called my name a lot.

“Oh I guess you never really care about your classmate name, don’t you?” I sarcastically asked.

He shrugged. He didn’t even bother to answer.

“Never mind, there is no need to know my name I guess. We were just eating together and that’s because I had a debt to you but now it’s over and we have nothing to talk about so let’s just stop here.” I said.

“That’s the point. You actually ate with me so I take you as a buddy.”

“Buddy?” I asked in confusion. Really? This guy? Is he really dangerous like how people said?

“Yes. That’s why don’t avoid me like that. You can call me Tae if you want.” He said casually. Did he just introduce himself to me? What is he doing? Flirting?

No. No way Hyeri. Don’t think too far, he just take you as his buddy.

“And about your name…” he continued. “I know, it’s Lee Hyeri isn’t it? But I feel a bit awkward to call you with your name and fatty sounds better but now I know you are mad of it so I will try to call you Hyeri.”

I stared at him in confusion. Fighter? Badass? Kingka? What where all of those people thinking? Who make that kind of ty rumor? Now the person standing in front of me is just a kid. A really innocent kid. Seems like he can’t do any harm. He is just a sweet boy from neighborhood. Knowing this my heart flutters a bit. I know believe he can’t be like what people said.

“Nah call me fatty, that sounds better.” I smiled. I somehow feel much closer to him if he calls me that.

He hesitated but called me fatty again anyway.

“No more avoiding me, okay?” He asked.

“Okay.”