orange haired guy

WORST COUPLE

Ever wondered how underground stage looks like? Cigarettes everywhere, some random guys with long hair and tattoos, loud hip hop music, dark-ish, noisy, and loud music from big speaker. I looked around and I hope I won’t get any heart attack seeing this kind of place. The place is small, crowded, and, obviously, under the ground. This looks like a simple house from the outside but inside is really a mess.

"Excuse me, where are we?" I asked the guy in front of me who kept on pulling me since earlier. I was yelling actually, the loud music and crowded place made me have to yell.

"You said you want to payback for making me fall?" He yelled back.

"It was your fault!" Seriously, this guy is getting weirder and weirder.

He didn't even bother to answer me back. He kept on pulling me until we reached a room located at way the back of this underground club. He closed the door and started to take something out from a cupboard near the window.

He took two lunch boxes and threw one of it at me.

"Here, sit here."He sat on a sofa and patted the place beside him.

Stupidly I walked and awkwardly sat next to him. There were only two of us there and the loud music barely can be heard.

He started to open his lunch box and ate like he never eats before. He must be really hungry.

"Why are you bringing me here?" I asked. My curiosity is so big right now. He didn't have any bad intention, my heart told me. That's why I didn't try to run away.

"To eat together, I hate eating alone." He answered shortly and back to eat again. "Why don't you start eating?  Listen I'm not a bad person and I didn't put anything poisonous there. In fact I bought these from convenient store."

I bet he was joking to make the situation less awkward? But too much question on my head I couldn't react to that yet.

"Whose box is this? You can't be prepared this because you know I would come here?" I asked suspiciously.

"Of course no. We just met today."

"Then?"

"Should I tell you the truth?"

"Considering you pulled me her forcefully, yes you have to tell me."

He sighed.

"Saw the rapper outside? The one who was rapping on stage?"

I vaguely remember but I nodded anyway.

"He is my hyung, my big brother. We supposed to eat lunch here every day but he is so busy these days he can't eat with me. Because I hate eating alone, I take you here. You said you want to pay me back for making me fell earlier."

I dumbly stared at him. So that was the reason all along? Walking so far to this weird place only to accompany him to eat?

I laughed.

"You are really weird." I still laughed. This is so weird. He looks strangely scary with his attire but damn he is really... not dangerous?

"What if I'm not here and your brother can’t eat with you too?" I asked as I open my lunch box and started eating it afterwards.

"Guess I won't eat then."

"Kidding me! You will get skinnier."

"That's okay as long as I dont eat alone."

"Wow you really hate eating alone don’t you?"

He stopped munching for a while and then smiled and shook his head before he ate again. I could see sadness in his eyes. I bet something really hurtful happened before and I guess I better not ask.


The guy insisted to take me home but I forced him not to. I said I can take care of myself and no one will ever pay attention at me anyway. He was convinced and decided not taking me home. Thank God.

 

As I reached home I saw dad running toward me and then hugged me tightly. Chaerin followed from behind, almost as quickly as my dad.

"Ommmf i ca.... nt bre..ath..." I  suffered inside dad's tight arms. He got small figure, but gifted with such a big strenght. Don't be decived by his nerdy look.

 

"Chae told me you weren't with her and i was about to tell you are missing to police but.." he sobbed  "Chae told me to be calm and wait for you to come back until tomorrow...."

 

I patted his back and took a long breath as he released me from his hug. "Nahh I'm okay dad..." I assured him. And I do really okay though, I could even consider that as a good time.

 

Chaerin came over and hugged me too, but not as strong as dad.

 

"Where were you going, you stupid?" She then hit my head playfully. Her smile can't be hidden all the way.

 

"I will tell you later. How about a sleepover here tonight?" I offered.

"Why not,  i will tell mr.lee to bring my uniform and books here tomorrow morning." Mr.Lee is Chaerin's loyal family driver.

"Yeah chae. I will prepare extra bed for you. I'm going to cook dinner first." Dad started to walk toward the kitchen and suddenly stopped, turning around. "And you, bad sweetheart over there, you better tell me the whole thing tomorrow. Got it?"

"Got it, handsome sir!"


 

"NO WAY."

"Yes way. I never lie to you, chaerin."

"So what you just told me that you are missing the whole day going on a date with a random orange haired guy? At undergroud stage??"

"I never said it was a date!" I hit her with a pillow and she groaned. I bet that hurt.

"Yeah but only both of you.... sharing lunch box.... having some fun conversations.... aren't those counted as dating?" She asked. She couldn't even hide her too-excited-tone.

 

"Wow, my cutie bestie found a prince charming!" She exclaimed and hit my head back. That was hurt, I admit. "Oh my God why didn't you ask his name, stupid?"

 

"I... don't know. He didn't ask my name either."

 

She made a face. "You both are weird."

 

"What so weird? He will pretend to not know me anyway. What kind of a boy would like to be a friend of something embarassing like me?"

 

Chaerin hit my mouth strongly. "Say that again and i will really cut your tongue. You are not embarassing, hyerin. You are beautiful just the way you are."

 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, whatever."

 

"I'm being serious here! You gotta really fix that weird low self esteem ofyours. You are a fun girl, Chaerin. You are cute and you have to realize that and be confident."

 

"I will try." I said. Truth i didn't even care about what she just said. I do have such a low self esteem but i think it's too late to change.

 

Afterwards we spent the night talking about things and took a conclusion that the orange haired guy was probably a hot senior. (Conclusion closed by Chaerin so you know where the word 'hot' came from).


 


"Good morning, girls" Jimin greeted us. He was surrounded by at least 4 girls who were staring scarily at Chaerin. They probably think Chaerin has a potential to take their charming Jimin oppa from them. When they see me they giggled and whispered among themselves.

 

"Morning, oppa!"Chaerin greeted back. she was really sleepy few minutes ago but after see Jimin she became really cheerful.

 

One of the girl rolled her eyes and said "oppa? what a ."

 

"Shut up you . Like i was talking to someone so cheap like you." Chaerin shouted. Ooh did i tell you that Chaerin is really rude to someone she hates?

 

I saw the girl's mouth agape in shock and i spent my whole time trying to hold back my laughter. Chaerin pulled my hand to the seat at the back row and sat next to me.

 

"I will fix my self esteem when you fix your rude mouth." I said teasingly.

 

"What? She said that I'm a first!"

 

"Seriously, your prince Jimin was there. Aren't you embarassed saying things like that?"

 

She laughed. "I know i fall in love a lot baby, but when i think someone is handsome doesn't mean i love him too."

 

I only rolled my eyes. Sometimes I find it impossible to know what's in my best friend's mind.

 

“I’m sleepy; wake me up when the teacher comes.” I yawned. We actually talked about this and that last night and I didn’t get any proper sleep. Don’t ask about Chaerin though, sometimes she didn’t even sleep for the whole night.

“Well… ok then.” She agreed.


The moment I opened my eyes, I heard the teacher was nagging someone. Damn Chaerin, she said she will wake me up when the teacher comes! I looked to her side and found out she was staring intensely to the front. Are you kidding me? She never pays attention to teacher as long as I remember.

“Why didn’t you wake… me .. up..?” I sleepily asked but only got a ‘sush’ from her. She told me to be quiet.

I gave a face and looked around. The other students were also completely absorbed to the front. What’s wrong?

I followed where they looking at and I found the teacher was nagging angrily at someone. And that one is…

“That was the yesterday orange haired boy…” I mumbled, still can’t get any conclusion from all of this. Chaerin next to me heard that and widened her eyes.

“What? You mean… Kim Tae..Hyung?”

 

 

What?